Who is the Better QB ???

Guest BlackJesus

Who is the Better QB ???  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Better QB ???

• Carson at 5[img]http://www.eaglesfootball.com/college/palmer/images/growingup/homegrown1.jpg[/img]
    • Raglessfucker Now [img]http://tinypic.com/9b9253.jpg[/img]

[quote name='WhoDey85' date='Jul 24 2005, 08:58 PM']Carson without a doubt.  I've been over at the squeelers board trying to convince them of that, but they're just acting like the stupid assholes they are.
[right][post="118716"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Palmer has done nothing....he had one good half of a season......

he has more attempts and thus more passing yards and completions....that does not make him better...there is more to being a good qb than passing.....he also needs to be a good team leader.....I don't really know how palmer stacks up in that catagory, but Ben as a rookie did an excellant job leading the offense.....

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='CoolieMan' date='Jul 25 2005, 01:55 PM']Palmer has done nothing....he had one good half of a season......

he has more attempts and thus more passing yards and completions....that does not make him better...there is more to being a good qb than passing.....[b]he also needs to be a good team leader[/b].....I don't really know how palmer stacks up in that catagory, but Ben as a rookie did an excellant job leading the offense.....
[right][post="119046"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

carson needs to work on this part, but make some good strides last year... he is more of a qb that pulls someone to the side, instead of getting in their face... ben did do a great job of leading his team... if he had carsons arm and accuracy, he'd be a beast!!

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jul 25 2005, 03:32 PM']carson needs to work on this part, but make some good strides last year... he is more of a qb that pulls someone to the side, instead of getting in their face... ben did do a great job of leading his team... if he had carsons arm and accuracy, he'd be a beast!!
[right][post="119077"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

and if carson wasn't stuck on the bengals, he might make the playoffs one day.....

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' date='Jul 25 2005, 03:39 PM']You mean handing off the ball???? Ben excels at that.
[right][post="119090"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I explained in my post what I meant by that.....maybe one day carson will be a leader......

[quote name='CoolieMan' date='Jul 25 2005, 03:41 PM']I explained in my post what I meant by that.....maybe one day carson will be a leader......
[right][post="119091"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

He already is. I will admit at the start of last season, he was too timid. But now you can definatley see his competive edge coming out, and the way he handles the WRs. I am completely confident that this season he will be a great leader on the field and in the locker room.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' date='Jul 25 2005, 04:17 PM']He already is. I will admit at the start of last season, he was too timid. But now you can definatley see his competive edge coming out, and the way he handles the WRs. I am completely confident that this season he will be a great leader on the field and in the locker room.
[right][post="119119"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

your confidence and a buck will buy you a cup of coffee.....

Ben went into a great situation last year.....a cocky smartass rookie would have messed it all up....as a rookie the kid showed a lot of the veterans it was still HIS huddle and his offense.....he is ahead of palmer in that category in my opinion....

[quote name='CoolieMan' date='Jul 25 2005, 04:20 PM']your confidence and a buck will buy you a cup of coffee.....

Ben went into a great situation last year.....a cocky smartass rookie would have messed it all up....as a rookie the kid showed a lot of the veterans it was still HIS huddle and his offense.....he is ahead of palmer in that category in my opinion....
[right][post="119121"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Damn, I better get on that deal.

I never discussed Ben's confidence or leadership abilities. I just said that Palmer will be a great leader this season. It is easy to be a leader on a winning team, I want to see how well Ben leads when things are crumbling around him.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' date='Jul 25 2005, 04:25 PM']Damn, I better get on that deal.

I never discussed Ben's confidence or leadership abilities. I just said that Palmer will be a great leader this season. It is easy to be a leader on a winning team, I want to see how well Ben leads when things are crumbling around him.
[right][post="119124"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Easier yes...but not easy.....when Ben took over there were questions about whether he could gain the confidence of the veteran team and lead the team...he could have sniped back in the papers at the guys who questioned him...but he didn't....he kept his cool and won over his detracters.....

[quote name='CoolieMan' date='Jul 25 2005, 04:28 PM']Easier yes...but not easy.....when Ben took over there were questions about whether he could gain the confidence of the veteran team and lead the team...he could have sniped back in the papers at the guys who questioned him...but he didn't....he kept his cool and won over his detracters.....
[right][post="119128"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Yes, but you didn't really have any cancers on the team that he had to win over. It wasn't like he had to prove it to a Corey Dillon, Randy Moss, Terrel Owens or figure like that.

Instead he had a bunch of more mellow veterans on the offense such as Jerome Bettis and Hines Ward. The only thing close to a cancer was Plax, and that was Ben's best friend. Also with the situation the team had to gravitate to him. It wasn't like he was a rookie, who was given a likeable veteran's role. The starter got hurt and Ben had to fill in. It was the team's responsibilty to help him out.

However, now he is gonna be looked at as a leader. If things go wrong, he will now be the target of all the media. If the Steelers go on a 3 game losing skid, I want to see how this kid handles it.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' date='Jul 25 2005, 04:40 PM']Yes, but you didn't really have any cancers on the team that he had to win over. It
However, now he is gonna be looked at as a leader. If things go wrong, he will now be the target of all the media. [b]If the Steelers go on a 3 game losing skid, I want to see how this kid handles it.[/b][right][post="119134"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I for one hopes that never happens....

Guest BlackJesus
[quote]Carson has a edge he could probably throw a spiral then

what is this post supposed to mean???????????[/quote]

Did you see Big Bens throws in the QB challenge ????
[img]http://www.adventure-south.com/ducks-lrg.jpg[/img]

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Jul 25 2005, 07:10 PM']Did you see Big Bens throws in the QB challenge ????
[img]http://www.adventure-south.com/ducks-lrg.jpg[/img]
[right][post="119198"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

is this the great beat down you promise other teams fans in your post at the top of this forum?

You didn't post at Steeler Nation under the username XX2 did you????

[quote name='Southern Steeler' date='Jul 25 2005, 11:44 PM']Dude, you're a Bengals fan?  AND you live in New Jersey?  Amazing you haven't slit your wrists yet............
[right][post="119320"][/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img] :angry:

Only I'm allowed to insult my shitty state.

[quote name='CoolieMan' date='Jul 25 2005, 02:55 PM']Palmer has done nothing....he had one good half of a season......

he has more attempts and thus more passing yards and completions....that does not make him better...there is more to being a good qb than passing.....he also needs to be a good team leader.....I don't really know how palmer stacks up in that catagory, but Ben as a rookie did an excellant job leading the offense.....
[right][post="119046"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

He is better statisticly then rotten burger

[quote name='Southern Steeler' date='Jul 25 2005, 10:44 PM']Dude, you're a Bengals fan?  AND you live in New Jersey?  Amazing you haven't slit your wrists yet............
[right][post="119320"][/post][/right][/quote]

You ever been there?

Jersey gets a bad rap.

Granted, if you're driving on the Jersey Turnpike anywhere North of Edison/Metuchen/Amboy, it doesn't look so good. Also, Newark and Camden are probably two of the worst cities... ever.

Besides that, most of the state is actually really nice. Jersey shore, Princeton area, Sussex county. All really nice areas.

Plus, they have Atlantic City. :D

Ben performed statistically better than Palmer looking at overall catagories.

Did you see Ben do better than Carson Palmer in the EA QB challenge?. I loved when Palmer fell down. The dumbass Boomer Esiason was ticked that Ben beat Palmer yet again at something.

[quote name='mulepower' date='Jul 27 2005, 01:09 AM']Ben performed statistically better than Palmer looking at overall catagories. 

Did you see Ben do better than Carson Palmer in the EA QB challenge?. I loved when Palmer fell down.  The dumbass Boomer Esiason was ticked that Ben beat Palmer yet again at something.
[right][post="119982"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

You must have missed the part where Palmer said he wasn't taking this as seriously as he takes a practice or a game. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]

Anyway are we still arguing this? They both played one year, not nearly enough time to make a real comparison.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Jul 27 2005, 12:15 AM']You must have missed the part where Palmer said he wasn't taking this as seriously as he takes a practice or a game.  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]
Anyway are we still arguing this? They both played one year, not nearly enough time to make a real comparison.
[right][post="119986"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

You must have missed the part about where a Bengals poster brought up the EA QB challenge.

No QB takes this real seriously. If Palmer would have done better than Ben,you can be sure it would be thrown in our faces. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/27.gif[/img]

[quote name='mulepower' date='Jul 27 2005, 01:21 AM']You must have missed the part about where a Bengals poster brought up the EA QB challenge.

No QB takes this real seriously. If Palmer would have done better than Ben,you can be sure it would be thrown in our faces.  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/27.gif[/img]
[right][post="119993"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/37.gif[/img]

Archived