OT: If you could play in the NFL, what position would you play?

Me, I think I'd be cornerback. I feel like there would be nothing more satisfying/badass than shutting down a top QB/WR combo and being part of a top defense. Everyones got everyones back, and sometimes you're out there on an island relying on your front guys to take care of the pressure.

Sounds so intense

Do I get a new body? If not, kicker.
If we're ignoring current physical limitations I'd have to say quarterback. I used to tear it up slinging the Nerf turbo during recess, plus can't turn down the big bucks. Although I absolutely LOVED playing OT and DE in flag football. You don't touch the ball but you are involved in every play, never gets boring. And I don't know what is more fun, sacking the QB or watching the guy you're blocking work himself into a rage because he can't get past you.

Do I get a new body? If not, kicker.
If we're ignoring current physical limitations I'd have to say quarterback. I used to tear it up slinging the Nerf turbo during recess, plus can't turn down the big bucks. Although I absolutely LOVED playing OT and DE in flag football. You don't touch the ball but you are involved in every play, never gets boring. And I don't know what is more fun, sacking the QB or watching the guy you're blocking work himself into a rage because he can't get past you.

LOL. Yes. You've been playing this position your whole life and have the body to match.

LOL. Yes. You've been playing this position your whole life and have the body to match.

I think I've talked myself into OT, and might as well dream big and go LT. Like I said, there's something so rewarding about watching an opponent go from confident to frustrated to exasperated to just plain throwing in the towel.

I think I've talked myself into OT, and might as well dream big and go LT. Like I said, there's something so rewarding about watching an opponent go from confident to frustrated to exasperated to just plain throwing in the towel.

I bet it would be fun as fuck to be an elite lineman pulling off elite blocking

I'm only about 5-6 so kicker. But could also be RB, PR, or KR. I used to be pretty fast in school and used to play this game called Bulldog. Where one had to get from one end of the school yard to the other without getting tagged by another person. This involved alot running, cutting, and jinking etc. I reckon with a bit of fitness training, I could summon my inner Gio.

WR.  Always loved that position.  Making the tippy-toe sideline catches, the long bombs, the contested catches in traffic, taking a hellacious hit across the middle for a first down and jumping up to signal 1st down, and of course the babes who can't get enough of me.

Peyton Manning's backup, longsnapper, punter in that order!

Make plenty of cash to live comfortably.. still have all your marbles and physically feel good when you leave the game  I always thought Jim Sorgi had the greatest job on the planet.  He backed Manning up for probably 5-6 years in Indy when Manning NEVER missed a game.  Stand there, hold a clipboard, and get paid.

Kicker

KICKER too...

I played a lot of soccer and LOVED to set up goalposts on my fence and map out yardage and try to kick some field goals when I was a kid. I was booting 30 yarders when I was 10 years old (although my goal post was only 7ft tall because of the fence only being that tall but I did connect long posts as far apart as NFL posts. I ended up playing kicker at Elk Grove High School with Lance Briggs, Ryan Dinwiddie and James Kidd (graduated in the middle of their two graduating classes). We had good teams every year, but I had already graduated when we were a top 20 team in the USA (the year Lance and Ryan were Seniors).

I would have also liked to play QB.. I had accuracy issues though. I did have a good arm. I played Baseball and was a pitcher for years and years. Surprising my accuracy was good with a baseball but my hands weren't big enough to get it right with a football.

Years later I tried to walk on as a kicker at UNR (Universite Nevada Reno Wolfpack) but I didn't make the team and that was the last time I tried as I left school and came back to Cali.

Archived