So will they be ready against New England?

We got this........ First time in a very very long time that I am confident that we have a chance to win every game this year. We probably wont, but watching the 1st team in the pre-season and in the first 3 games have shown me that we are heads and shoulders above the rest.

It was on a graphic on yahoo.com sports where it was showing the beer price and glass size.

ttfgU7.jpg

I think what Scharm was trying to say is that graphic is wrong. There are no 5 dollar beers in PBS unless they are in some secret spot no one knows of. I was at the game on Sunday and the cheapest beer I was able to find were Budweiser's for 8.50.

This team is too well coached to not be ready.  The players are too focused on having many 1 wk seasons to not be prepared.  This team really seems to have the make up to do some damage this year.  New Engand's success this year is a the result of taking the ball away from their opponent.  They have 8 takeaways so far this year, this will be the key.  Protect the ball and let the talent level on the rosters decide the game.  Should be a tough game due to being in NE but NE isnt what they have been in years past.  Very winnable.  Should win. 

I think what Scharm was trying to say is that graphic is wrong. There are no 5 dollar beers in PBS unless they are in some secret spot no one knows of. I was at the game on Sunday and the cheapest beer I was able to find were Budweiser's for 8.50.

Correct. There are no $5 14 oz. Beers in pbs. Maybe when the stadium first opened.

I will actually be surprised if the Bengals lose in Foxboro.

I can't believe I've actually typed that but the fact is that the Pats are very average right now and the Bengals are anything but.

The Bengals finally seem to have that tough mental attitude which is essential for any winning team, combined with their natural talent which is undisputed.

Yes it will be tough, of course it will (any given Sunday, I know...) but if the Bengals go up there and play their own game (not the occasion) and forget they are in Foxboro and up against two of the legends of the game they will come away with the 'W'.

Put it this way, I would be a lot less confident about going up to Cleveland right now (again, I can't believe what I've just typed)

The last time I was this confident was before the San Diego play off game....oh, wait.......

This team is too well coached to not be ready.  The players are too focused on having many 1 wk seasons to not be prepared.  This team really seems to have the make up to do some damage this year.  New Engand's success this year is a the result of taking the ball away from their opponent.  They have 8 takeaways so far this year, this will be the key.  Protect the ball and let the talent level on the rosters decide the game.  Should be a tough game due to being in NE but NE isnt what they have been in years past.  Very winnable.  Should win. 

I think they've taken their mindset even one step further.  Vinny Rey on Bengals Line mentioned how they go out and play to win each and every single snap.

That was a great interview if anyone missed it too FYI.

I'm motivated to sleep with supermodels.  The question is will New England be able to pull it off?

Good luck with that.

They haven't lost to an AFC team in Foxborrough for a few years. Well see I guess. I do think its going to be a close game though.

they lost to Baltimore at home in the playoffs the year Balt won the superbowl i believe.

Haven't lost a regular season home game to an AFC team in 6 years.  

Same way Bengals  are on an 11 game home winning streak. Those stats don't count playoffs.

Point stands, Pats are very hard to beat up in NE, and have been for some time. People trying to say otherwise likely have an agenda to push. 

I think a lot of guys with trepidation of a prime-time game are older fans (40s-50s) like me who were witnesses to the bungles who couldn't handle it.

The bungles are a past memory.

A lot of the roster was 10 years old in 2000, some not even born when we really sucked in the 90's...they don't know the loser tag we lived with.

It's finally paying off for the fans who stuck in there, the Pats don't scare me or more importantly our roster at all :-)

I don't think that's necessarily true. Playoff games are prime time or "big" games. We haven't fared so well in those or in nationally televised games even recently. Hopefully this season is different.

Archived