Bye Week Hypothetical: Replacing the Coordinators

Just last year both coordinators were plucked away and we had to start over. While I think it's a bit of a stretch, if this team goes to the playoffs again other teams will be sniffing around both Hue and Guenther. My guess is that Hue is on a lot of short lists and Guenther has a season or two before he is in real consideration anywhere. Regardless, for this conversation only, lets assume they are both gone. Who would be on your short lists as replacements both in house and out?

Lighten up guys.

Especially with Hue it's a possibility.

Yeah hue could easily be gone this off season.

Agree.  It was a topic brought up and discussed briefly in the post game shows after Sunday's game (caught on the radio going home).

He has head coaching experience and the difference between Oakland and here is here he has the talent whereas there he was trying to make a silk purse out of a whole bunch of sows' ears.

Laph's speculation and musings were he will be a very attractive candidate perhaps sooner than later with head coaching experience and a real gift for creativity in game planning and on-field implementation.  I mean, not only are his innovative plays  excellent, he dials them up at the right time to make them work to their fullest advantage.

Is he being groomed for Marvin's job when the time comes for Marv to step aside?  Will he(Hue) last that long here?  I certainly hope so.

The comment was also made comparing Guenther to Zimmer... Guenther is an excellent coach but does not have the vocal, in-your-face high profile style of Zimmer.  Not a bad thing for either, same sauce, different bottles.

Agree.  It was a topic brought up and discussed briefly in the post game shows after Sunday's game (caught on the radio going home).

He has head coaching experience and the difference between Oakland and here is here he has the talent whereas there he was trying to make a silk purse out of a whole bunch of sows' ears.

Laph's speculation and musings were he will be a very attractive candidate perhaps sooner than later with head coaching experience and a real gift for creativity in game planning and on-field implementation.  I mean, not only are his innovative plays  excellent, he dials them up at the right time to make them work to their fullest advantage.

Is he being groomed for Marvin's job when the time comes for Marv to step aside?  Will he(Hue) last that long here?  I certainly hope so.

The comment was also made comparing Guenther to Zimmer... Guenther is an excellent coach but does not have the vocal, in-your-face high profile style of Zimmer.  Not a bad thing for either, same sauce, different bottles.

I tink as long as Hue is told he has the job whenever Marvin is done at he will stay. In addition to all the relationships he's built, he knows he'd be given 4-5 years here while others might pull the plug after 1-2.

REMOVED

Thats a personal attack right there. We don't do that here. Go over to your other board please. The irony is that since that other board was created the people who I have on the ignore list have really stopped posting here and it's been a better place. Please keep it that way. 

I tink as long as Hue is told he has the job whenever Marvin is done at he will stay. In addition to all the relationships he's built, he knows he'd be given 4-5 years here while others might pull the plug after 1-2.

That's a great point that I didn't think about. He already dealt with a fiasco in Oakland...He might just want a steady place. 

Do you think he would want to go to the college game? Didn't he interview for a job in Cali a few years back. 

Hue is a real threat to leave. He was a light rumor for the USC job and has a personality that could work both in pros and college.

Not sure if he'd jump at college opportunity but if this teams does everything we hope it does, it's silly not to think its a possibility for Hue.

Mike Brown will be 80 this August so he will decide (or maybe already has) to officially retire to spend more time with the grand kids (and probably be given the title of Life President)

Marvin will 'move upstairs' to become GM

Hue will become Head Coach and The Dynasty begins.

Write it down.

As has been said, it's a bit too early for PG to be going anywhere just yet so you would just need a new OC.

I'm guessing the Bengals would go down the road of Zampese or Urban which would be pretty much in line with how they've been doing things the last few years.*

*None of this may actually happen.

Mike Brown will be 80 this August so he will decide (or maybe already has) to officially retire to spend more time with the grand kids (and probably be given the title of Life President)

Marvin will 'move upstairs' to become GM

Hue will become Head Coach and The Dynasty begins.

Write it down.

As has been said, it's a bit too early for PG to be going anywhere just yet so you would just need a new OC.

I'm guessing the Bengals would go down the road of Zampese or Urban which would be pretty much in line with how they've been doing things the last few years.*

*None of this may actually happen.

Good thoughts and insight.

I simply can't see Marvin as GM.

I think that is Duke Tobin's behind-the-curtain role as it is...

"no one sees the Great Tobin, not no where, not no how".

I think Marv gets too much credit for the efforts of others and

a lot of smoke and mirrors.

I CAN see him with a title like "Director of Player Personnel" with

his personality, handling of the media and relationship with the players.

Scouting/recruiting, coordinating Bengals-comminity relations, etc.

The face and voice of the Bengals.

I think he would be good at that.

Katie for President and chief negotiator and legal council.

Thats a personal attack right there. We don't do that here. Go over to your other board please. The irony is that since that other board was created the people who I have on the ignore list have really stopped posting here and it's been a better place. Please keep it that way. 

Agree 100%!

I think Gunther will be around for at least 2-3 years he's too new to the position having this been the first DC gig he's ever had to really be considered, I mean Gruden only got he Wash job because of his last name, let's be honest here. But assuming he did leave I am on board with Jospeh as well, the 2ndary so far this season has been on point.

If Hue leaves I'm not sure Zamp maybe but I agree that Uban would be more likely due to his time in Philly and being more a WC guy than Zamp is.

Also completely legit topic, I'm not sure what was said but speculation is allowed, hell the topic said it was Hypothetical and you choose to enter it. Why on earth you let a hypothetical uset you is beyond me.

Archived