Bye Week Hypothetical: Replacing the Coordinators

As for this thread, during the broadcast of the last game the announcers talked about Hue as being an interesting guy for teams seeking a head coach this offseason. This thread was simply a follow through from that. I am not sure why it's a big deal. No one wants to replace either guy. It might just be a necessity. We are having an awesome season. This team is great. If your coordinators are being looked at as potential head coaches that's a good thing.

I have no clue why anyone would get their panties in a bunch over a thread like this. I cant see who did, because it appears the posts are deleted or hidden.

Anyway, if no one has noticed this board is much thinner than it used to be. As far as I am concerned, the more topics the better. I used to check in and see pages and pages of replies, now I am looking at the same stuff day after day. There is nothing wrong with bringing up hypotheticals. Shit, I think even mock drafts for 2015 are somewhat interesting, even though it is total and complete bullshit for every team right now.

More topics = more discussion = more enjoyable board.

I'm not interested in debating what you have or haven't heard.

Suffice to say that in the wake of the Redskins disaster against the Giants it wasn't uncommon to hear fans and talking heads debate whether Cousins would benefit from a stronger commitment to running the football and a less risky passing attack.

Its not a debate. Its what I haven't heard living in the Washington DC area specifically as it relates to Morris.

I really don't get all the anger about this thread.

FFS, if you don't like Weston or his posts, don't click on it.  It's really super easy.

If no one likes the topic it will die a lonely death as it falls to the nether regions of the board.  There really is no need or justification for going off like this in this thread.. Personally I thought it was a lame topic.. I read it, shrugged and moved on.. The fact is there are lots of positive posts and topics on here and if you can't find them that is your problem.

Despite what you may wish, no one is going to go through and make sure all the posts are up to "your" individual standard.  As long as it isn't attacking people, doesn't use hateful language and is relatively on topic it can be posted here.. You may not care for Weston, that's your prerogative, but as long as he is following the rules and isn't acting out of line he will continue to be allowed to post here.  If you don't like what he posts either ignore it or move on.

If you think someone has posted something inappropriate, there is a link at the bottom of every post titled "report" that you can click on that will bring it to the moderator's attention.. If you wish to have a dialogue about it, feel free to shoot me or any other mod a PM and we will be happy to talk about it ASAP.

animated_gif-applause1.gif

Its not a debate. Its what I haven't heard living in the Washington DC area specifically as it relates to Morris.

That's the third or fourth time you've posted an update detailing what you haven't heard.

Yet there's been no word at all about the type of things you aren't smelling or seeing.

Why are you holding back?

Mike Brown will be 80 this August so he will decide (or maybe already has) to officially retire to spend more time with the grand kids (and probably be given the title of Life President)
Marvin will 'move upstairs' to become GM
Hue will become Head Coach and The Dynasty begins.

Write it down.

As has been said, it's a bit too early for PG to be going anywhere just yet so you would just need a new OC.
I'm guessing the Bengals would go down the road of Zampese or Urban which would be pretty much in line with how they've been doing things the last few years.*

*None of this may actually happen.

You forgot one important detail. First the Bengals win the super bowl so Marvin and Mike can move on as champions. If they can pull that off within Marvin's current contract I can see that exact situation playing out.
But I don't see Zamp or Urban as OC types, although if Hue is HC I could see him wanting to continue calling plays, so maybe they don't need a true OC, more an assistant OC. Maybe they'd go with a guy like Alexander in that situation. I'd like to know who Hue's right hand man is currently, you know he has a collaborator in the building and that guy would be my first guess. Maybe it's Brat? Don't laugh, it could be true.
Guenther needs to put in at least five years as DC before anybody considers him seriously as a HC. He doesn't have nearly the "pedigree" of a guy like Gruden and teams rarely make HC signings out of left field due to the intense media scrutiny it'd lead to.
Maybe by the time that happens Adam Zimmer is ready to follow in his dad's footsteps. Or who knows, maybe Mike is looking for a new job.

You forgot one important detail. First the Bengals win the super bowl so Marvin and Mike can move on as champions. If they can pull that off within Marvin's current contract I can see that exact situation playing out.
But I don't see Zamp or Urban as OC types, although if Hue is HC I could see him wanting to continue calling plays, so maybe they don't need a true OC, more an assistant OC. Maybe they'd go with a guy like Alexander in that situation. I'd like to know who Hue's right hand man is currently, you know he has a collaborator in the building and that guy would be my first guess. Maybe it's Brat? Don't laugh, it could be true.
Guenther needs to put in at least five years as DC before anybody considers him seriously as a HC. He doesn't have nearly the "pedigree" of a guy like Gruden and teams rarely make HC signings out of left field due to the intense media scrutiny it'd lead to.
Maybe by the time that happens Adam Zimmer is ready to follow in his dad's footsteps. Or who knows, maybe Mike is looking for a new job.

Oh no, believe me, that was very much on my mind when posted. I just didn't want to be a jinx  :russian:

Archived