in order to avoid shitting all over the Devon Still thread...

CincyInDC

I'm starting this one.

God is good

So is medical science.

Which was created by God. So yes God is good!

I think medical science was created by man DESPITE efforts from the Catholic Church.  To think god created medical science is an insult to hard-working scientists everywhere.

Notice how many hospitals have religious names? That's not a coincidence. Christianity is largely responsible for founding a large portion of hospitals.

Also, go back to when science really started to grow. Many of those scientists were Christians. Like Newton. Science does not contradict God, (some) scientists do.

Thanks guys for not shitting on the Still thread.  IF one was to blame God for all the bad in the world, then one must also blame him for the good.  If one was to blame the Catholic church, one should also blame the Muslims, Jews, Orthodox, Non-Denominational, etc... Christians at the same time.  I personally don't care which God is responsible or who made who, I only care that EVERYONE get together to solve this problem.  I don't care if it's a Christian scientist or an Atheist scientist.  Just cure the shit already.  While they're at it figure out how to give us peace in the world too... NOT how to kill more people with technologically advanced weapons.  NOT whose God is better than the other's God or if NO God is better than any other God.

Thanks guys for not shitting on the Still thread.  IF one was to blame God for all the bad in the world, then one must also blame him for the good.  If one was to blame the Catholic church, one should also blame the Muslims, Jews, Orthodox, Non-Denominational, etc... Christians at the same time.  I personally don't care which God is responsible or who made who, I only care that EVERYONE get together to solve this problem.  I don't care if it's a Christian scientist or an Atheist scientist.  Just cure the shit already.  While they're at it figure out how to give us peace in the world too... NOT how to kill more people with technologically advanced weapons.  NOT whose God is better than the other's God or if NO God is better than any other God.

Amen

Notice how many hospitals have religious names? That's not a coincidence. Christianity is largely responsible for founding a large portion of hospitals.

Also, go back to when science really started to grow. Many of those scientists were Christians. Like Newton. Science does not contradict God, (some) scientists do.

You are correct of course (about the Christianity bit); did you know the that in German nurses are addressed as Schwester (sister)?  I was letting my distrust in the church cloud my reasoning.  Systematic and chronic science denying by a multitude of religions and moreover, religious nutjobs, has jaded me.

i cant really weigh in on this even semi respectfully.

but whenever i hear bible versus/stories i can only hear them in the voice of the guy at work who just makes up stories as he goes along, and you can tell he is lying and none of what he is telling me happened at all, but he is in too deep in the story to back peddle but you can tell the dumb chick is totally buying it and you dont wanna be the dude calling him out being a dick cause you cant prove it DIDNT happen but you know damn right that shit didnt go down...

Other things that refute god: Cancer, child molesters, failed prayer, catholic priests who touch kids, andy dalton, jay gruden, size XXL and above spandex pants.

if he exists he is a fucking asshole or has no power over anything what so ever, which basically means he doesnt exists.... cause that would just make him some dude...

the multitude of religions also proves that different stories were brewed up from different places, unless there are like 6 gods... in which case why arent they battling and stuff? or like why arent they offering me like $10,000 "found" on my way home to choose their story instead of the other guys story? kinda like comcast offers great low rates to switch and then screws you over later... they should have better new believer deals... 

if you need threats of damnation and burning for eternity to be a good person. guess what? you arent a good person. beleive what

you want.. but dont fucking force your shit on me like its indisputable fact just because you were raised to believe it.

Archived