Website Gurus, quick help needed

BengalsOwn

OK, so as some of you know I have a wordpress website up and running. I was reading that Google is starting to use SSL in it's search result rankings. Yes, I know it currently has a very small impact, but I figured what the hell, why not be ahead of the curve and set it up. I think I'm the only encrypted site in the area for my industry. Plus, I have online scheduling and take email address and personal address info on my website, so I figured encrypting would be a good idea.

So, anyways, I have my SSL setup. I modified the .htaccess file to force SSL, and when I browse my website all of the pages come up as HTTPS://

My problem is google. If you click a search result for my site on google, it doesn't point you to a HTTPS:// address. What do I need to do to correct that? It is the second result on this SERP, southwest ohio home inspections:

https://www.google.com/search?q=home+inspection+franklin+oh&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

Oh yeah, my site may not come up for you, I messed up and activated free CloudFlare service today, not realizing it wouldn't work for my SSL site, unless I upgraded to a paid subscription. It is now deactivated, but I guess the DNS updates could take a few hours.

Archived