Bring the golden statue!

Bring on the golden fucking statue for Marvin Lewis in fountain square and then kick his fucking ass out of Cincinnati. I understand that Marvin has done some very good thing here but this fucking embarrassment on prime time has got to come to an end. This is fucking Marvin's fault! I understand Marvin is not on the field but the fucking common denominator is Marvin. Jesus wake up people, make his golden fucking statue and get him the fuck out! I'm absolutely embarrassed to show my face.

Last hope for those exasperated by Marvin in big games was that coordinator change might help.

Nope. Scratch that hope.

Marvin, great guy, nice builder of roster, zero clues on how to get a team ready for a big game.

Same as it ever was.

If the emotions are running high, Marvin spectacularly unprepared for the moment, and so are his teams. It's the one constant. He's like Desmond from Lost.

I've always been a Marvin apologist and after last night I agree that Marvin needs to go. Dude looked so lost, scared and confused after the first drive.

Last hope for those exasperated by Marvin in big games was that coordinator change might help.

Nope. Scratch that hope.

Marvin, great guy, nice builder of roster, zero clues on how to get a team ready for a big game.

Same as it ever was.

If the emotions are running high, Marvin spectacularly unprepared for the moment, and so are his teams. It's the one constant. He's like Desmond from Lost.

I don't know if you're being serious or not. The statue that they make of Marvin should be molded after this

marvin-lewis-again2.jpg

fucking clueless.

Bring on the golden fucking statue for Marvin Lewis in fountain square and then kick his fucking ass out of Cincinnati. I understand that Marvin has done some very good thing here but this fucking embarrassment on prime time has got to come to an end. This is fucking Marvin's fault! I understand Marvin is not on the field but the fucking common denominator is Marvin. Jesus wake up people, make his golden fucking statue and get him the fuck out! I'm absolutely embarrassed to show my face.

You people really need to grow up. Going to pieces after one loss and calling for the HC to get canned is beyond weird- it would be embarrassing for a 7-year old girl to be so emotionally unstable. The four of you really aren't fit for the company of grown-ups.

It isn't one loss.

For fuckssake. There is a bigger picture and pattern. Whether you want to admit it or not. Hell, I didn't even call for him to be fired. But I do wish to remind you that these issues are not a new thing, but, rather, a thing that happens over and over and over and over again on his watch. 

Grow up yourself.

You people really need to grow up. Going to pieces after one loss and calling for the HC to get canned is beyond weird- it would be embarrassing for a 7-year old girl to be so emotionally unstable. The four of you really aren't fit for the company of grown-ups.

I thought no personal attacks were allowed on this board!?  

Not much new to interject here.    This is a feeling we all know and have experienced before.  

IF they fire him or he moves on after the season they need to make sure they know who is actually finding the talent.   Is it truly Marv?  Is it Tobin?

Now onto the game.    There's plenty of stuff to bitch about and plenty of players to be outraged and demand they be cut.   What sticks out to me is that Marvin, Pauly G, and Hue went right into the trap from the get go.

First,  putting them on the field first.   Mistake, how could you not see that coming?  Then the defense was so fucked up with pace it was an exact replay of when they went up there and got their ass kicked in 2010.    Just not prepared.    Hue falls right into the trap trying to match tempo.    Complete game management clusterfuck.

Not making this up or overstating it at all,  I have not seen this bad of gap responsibility and run fits since the days of Bresh.  Seriously.   Then the exploited whatever coverage that left gapping holes down the seams all night.

Pats shut down our offensive YAC Attack and pretty much showed the world that if we can't YAC then we are shit.  

If you have been a Bengals fan for more than three years, you should be used to this feeling.  I don't understand the big deal.

Or perhaps you'd like to see if Bruce Coslet is available to coach.

Pretty sure we want to figure out a way to be better than this, not worse. I choose to believe it is possible to find a way to take the next step - and if that's not Marvin, so be it. 

If you have been a Bengals fan for more than three years, you should be used to this feeling.  I don't understand the big deal.

Or perhaps you'd like to see if Bruce Coslet is available to coach.

Really?   I've been a Bengal fan for a long time and I'm not used to the Bengals being this loaded and experiencing this type of regular season success with such Primetime failures.    

Complaints about Marvin's failures are real.    It's typical that these are met with scare tatics of reverting back to the 90s.

The 90s and current day are completely different.  The organization is different.    The simple issue is getting a championship or at least getting a shot at one while we are loaded before the window shuts.

Completely understand fans voicing their complaints and frustration after ANOTHER loss that reminds us of RECENT failures that stand in the way of a potential run at a championship.

It is possible.   Our talent is real.   

Yeah, we are saying the same thing. To look at what the coaches are doing and play the lost decade boogeyman as a scare tactic- I reject that. There is no reason this team cannot grasp the opportunity in front of it. I remain unconvinced Marvin is the one to get them over the hurdle. And have 11 years of his tenure to root my skepticism in.  

But, yes, I will hope against hope he figures something out in-season, because he is not going anywhere in-season. But that won't stop me from wondering what might be if we had a coach who seemed able to grasp what changes you have to make to get ready for big games and big weeks.

Really?   I've been a Bengal fan for a long time and I'm not used to the Bengals being this loaded and experiencing this type of regular season success with such Primetime failures.

Then perhaps you overestimate their talent?

As for PrimeTime, failures.  My favorite was probably the the Gus Frerotte underhand throw in Atlanta.

Then perhaps you overestimate their talent?

As for PrimeTime, failures.  My favorite was probably the the Gus Frerotte underhand throw in Atlanta.

I don't think I've overestimated the talent.   There are too many regular season wins, playoff appearances and large margins of victory to deny that they have talent.

This dynamic is really unchartered waters for Bengals fans.   Maybe the 70s had a similar run, I don't know.   

I was hammered last night when I posted this but I still feel the same way. I have been a Marvin supporter for a long time. I believe Marvin has done wonders in Cincinnati and we wouldn't be where we are today if it wasn't for him. It comes a time however, when a coach can only do so much and it's time to go a different direction. Marvin reminds me a lot of Norv Turner. I can't stomach getting embarrassed on the national stage like that much more.

I've felt that way for well over a year now.  The playoff game was the last straw for me, and I simply have no faith that Marvin is capable of taking this team deep into the playoffs, let alone get to a Super Bowl and win it.  I'll still cheer on my team and watch every game I can, mainly because I'm a masochist... 

I've felt that way for well over a year now.  The playoff game was the last straw for me, and I simply have no faith that Marvin is capable of taking this team deep into the playoffs, let alone get to a Super Bowl and win it.  I'll still cheer on my team and watch every game I can, mainly because I'm a masochist... 

Yeah. Its at the point where I kinda just don't expect them to take that next step. Before the game, I had a feeling that that would happen. Its just how Marvin teams operate. Oh well. We're stuck with it

Archived