The Official Calm Down Thread

I am more disgusted than angry.  We were simply out coached again in primetime.  Once again our defense applied little pressure on the QB and somehow his average receivers were wide open.

Defense was late to the line of scrimmage on many plays, couldn't stop the run, and the offensive play calling once again left me confused.

It sucked.  Both sides of the ball got punched and didn't punch back effectively or consistently.   

But:

1)  They weren't going to be undefeated.  The more the media hyped them and the more we were convinced they already had the #1 seed, the worse the first loss was gonna be.  I'd rather them get their teeth kicked in and get a glimpse of what a playoff team is going to do to try to attack than wait for the actual playoffs. 

2) How they play Carolina will say more than last night.

3) Marvin Jones and Eifert will be back at some point and next year Gresham will not.

Hey fellas I want to apologize for my attitude last night. I was hammered drunk and had been up since 4 am for work. I'm pretty calm and we need to unleash hell against the panthers.

I thought it was funny as hell. I use the gameday threads to vent so I don't murder anyone. It's cathartic.

Hey fellas I want to apologize for my attitude last night. I was hammered drunk and had been up since 4 am for work. I'm pretty calm and we need to unleash hell against the panthers.

Was that you asking for an address and challenging everyone to a fight?

Here's one for you...

1 Paul Brown Stadium

Cincinnati, OH 45202

ask for "Marvin"

I look at is as they walked into a hornets nest... playing a desperate team that had to win that game.  Primetime, at home.  Listened to the naysayers all week.  When I saw the article about the Pats needing to evaluate the QB position I was afraid it was going to turn out like last night.  Pats' backs were against the wall.  They go to 2-3 and they're in deep trouble.

Bright side, aside from 2 Dalton passes (Green's left sideline where he threw it out of bounds) and the overthrow to Gio on 3rd down (3rd drive I believe) that would have been a TD, he did what was asked of him.  Between the Gio pass and If Gresham catches the TD pass its a different game.  I pin this loss on the coaches more than anything.  Defense not ready for a hurry up offense?  Really?  And, the offensive gameplan just completely changed from the first games of the year.  Gio was averaging 5.3 a carry and in a 2 score game we're passing the ball 2 out of 3 plays... makes zero sense.

This is the Bengals week to "be pissed, be angry, ignore the noise, blah, blah, blah"...  and come out Sunday pissed and put it to a Carolina team that has no go-to players on offense, and a defense giving up a bunch of points.

I will say, I'm going to have to see us perform on Monday night against Denver this year to have ANY confidence in a playoff game.

I could sense a NE win all week after last Monday's butt-kicking. You just knew Brady and Belichik would game plan like hell and the Pats would be ready to go. I didn't foresee THREE fucking lost fumbles. Oh well. Our D was lousy. Guenther got out game-planned. Its a learning experience, for sure. Against a good team with a great QB, we need our best D players- I mean Burfict, and Brandon Thompson would be preferable to that tear factory, Devin Still.

It sucked.  Both sides of the ball got punched and didn't punch back effectively or consistently.   

But:

1)  They weren't going to be undefeated.  The more the media hyped them and the more we were convinced they already had the #1 seed, the worse the first loss was gonna be.  I'd rather them get their teeth kicked in and get a glimpse of what a playoff team is going to do to try to attack than wait for the actual playoffs. 

2) How they play Carolina will say more than last night.

3) Marvin Jones and Eifert will be back at some point and next year Gresham will not.

I wonder if Gresham sees any irony in his performance and calling himself the bad guy.

There will be plenty of time to be calm when I'm dead.

Right now, I'm still pissed off at the shameful display of football last night.

It wasn't shameful. It was just a bad game, which we were bound to have. Hopefully, it galvanizes the players and the coaches- hear me, Guenther? For them to get beat by a team with no WRs to speak of was frightful. And is NE's O-line that much better in one week? For whatever reason, the Bengals weren't ready like they should have been.

Archived