The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - Patriots

Only had the stomach to sit through 3 and a half quarters of that crap

The Good

Sanu

The Bad

Most everything else (Won't put Dalton here though he wasn't good but he wasn't bad either)

The Ugly

Gresham

Marvin Lewis teams after the bye week and in prime time

There were some good.

Good--Dalton didn't screw the pooch.

Pass Pro was still pretty good

Bad--Even the uneven officiating couldn't keep us in this game.

NE's sorry OL, pushed our DL all over the place.

Any LB not named Burfict is mediocre at best.

DC still can't gameplan a TE assault.

Ugly--Gresham still wonders why his fan base doubts him.

Felt like SD all over again.

Only had the stomach to sit through 3 and a half quarters of that crap

The Good
Sanu

The Bad
Most everything else (Won't put Dalton here though he wasn't good but he wasn't bad either)

The Ugly
Gresham
Marvin Lewis teams after the bye week and in prime time

Sanu was just okay. He had a couple of drops

There is no good, there is only Zuul.

Take it away, Ghostbusters:

Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you! 

I  think Marvin is Gozer the Traveler. And Bengals fans now  perpetually know what it is like to be roasted in the depths of the Slor.

The Good...

No new injuries that I know of.

Burfict and Marvin Jones getting better... Zeitler, too. And Eifert coming back at a time when a fresh tight end will be great to have.

The Bad and Ugly...

Marvin's contract extension before the season ... one more year of his lame ass shit 

This Team Simply Cannot Tackle... guys hit for little or no gain continued on for big chunks of field

due to poor tackling or simply being out of position.

The definition of idiocy is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result ... like throwing at Revis

My impression and nothing else but it seemed to me everyone was looking around for someone else to make the play rather

than sticking their noses into it themselves

... to be continued...

I'm actually worried about the defense. We aren't going to win shit if teams can run the ball on us like that.

Basically, everyone sucked and took turns losing the day for us. If Gresham didn't suck, it coulda been different. Or if AJ didn't fumble. Or if Tate would just take a fucking knee. Or if the defense could get the calls in on time and not get fucking dominated all game. It's not always going to be Jake Locker or Ryan without his LT on the other side. The defense needs to get better.

There is no good, there is only Zuul

Comments like this are good.

The UGLY was run fits.   They threw up tempo some different blocking schemes (on a short week) and our guys go fucking crazy and undisciplined. 

The Bad was coverage.    Seam routes, might want to stop them.

The Bad was our YAC Attack offense isn't much if the YAC is gone.

The good -  Andy Dalton had every right to throw up a pick or two given the game situation.  Avoided that mistake and it is a golden nugget in a pile of poop.

The UGLY - Andre Smith Green, Burfict, Atkins, Whitworth any guy that we sit around in the offseason and cry and whine about not getting top 100 or pro bowl respect.  So tired of our stars not showing up when the nation watches.   With performances like this we will be constantly relient upon he's top 5 yada, yada yada kind talk.

The whole thing was ugly but I'm not throwing my towel in.

I dont think there is anyone on the site that is throwing the towel in, just incredibily frustrated at a team that cant seem to get out of their own way when it comes time to get over the hump

What is this magical hump we haven't got over? Winning seasons? Beating teams doing well?

Or just playoffs, which this game wasn't anyway.

Because as far as I can tell we lost off a bye week under lights (two things guaranteed to make us more likely to lose) away to a team that hasn't lost a home game to an AFC team for about 4 years. The odds were very much in the favour of us losing, esp with Taze out. If AJ had made an effort on a couple of balls, if Tate lost the return duties he should have lost a couple of seasons ago and if Taze was in the heart of the D, we'd probably have eked out a win.

As it is we've got all of the most likely loss scenarios (primetime, bye week, Pats in NE) AND a turnover strewn, badly called game out of the way in one game. Which is a positive.

The hump is primetime/playoff (because playoff games are usually prime time) and to a lesser extent divison games.

This wasnt a case of IF this or IF that, they went out there and got throughly embarrased, and when the spotlight is on them it isnt the first time that its happened. They need to figure that out. THAT is the hump they have to get over.

For me it's a frustrating reminder of not putting our best foot forward on the big stage.   Whether it be playoffs or primetime.

Now, I will not pretend I wouldn't be frustrated with a "well played" loss either.   But this is two fold.   1st the loss,   But then just getting blown out makes it worse.

14-0 out of the gate.   20-3 at half,   this on top of the last Sunday Night appearance of getting the shit kicked out of them in Pittsburgh and being down 27-7 at half.

Two weeks of build up since beating the Titans and hopes of it being different and last night wasn't even a game. 

Another UGLY:    Brady and Eldeman playing "you spike it, no you spike it,  you spike it, no you spike it, ok I spike it, hugs and kisses for everyone"   makes me want to puke.

Archived