WHY DID WE RE-SIGN NUGENT OVER JOSH BROWN ???

What is so irrelevant about failing to protect two leads late in the game and OT?

Bringing in a new kicker won't fix that problem.

No shit, it'll fix the problem where our kicker can't make a friggin field goal.

There can be more than one problem that can be solved at once, you know. You can address the kicker independently of the defense.  I would have thought this to be fairly obvious but I guess not.

No shit, it'll fix the problem where our kicker can't make a friggin field goal.

There can be more than one problem that can be solved at once, you know. You can address the kicker independently of the defense.  I would have thought this to be fairly obvious but I guess not.

👍

Quite obvious, actually.

Cut the defense while we are at it.

They did have two leads, at the end of regulation and beginning of OT...provided by the same kicker.

Just sayin'

The difference, which somehow isn't obvious to everyone, is that there are schemitic X & O type changes that can (and certainly will) be made in an attempt to improve the defense. Do you really think Guenther's going to go watch some film this week and say, "yeah I'm not changing anything, it'll just fix itself" ? Why would we approach the field goal situation the same way?

There are no X & O changes to make that can fix these missed field goals. Replaceing the single person soley responsble for the problem is quite literally the only option.

more concerned with out sucking huge dicks in the red zone..., but whatever...a championship team isnt one that needs 4 field goals and OT to beat a 3-2 team at home...but whatever... all lifes problems are nugents fault...

Just out of curiousity, who do you blame?

Probably our three biggest redzone threats didnt play Sunday, but that's no excuse right?

We put up 37 points and you blame the offense. It's no wonder why no one takes you seriously.

Probably our three biggest redzone threats didnt play Sunday, but that's no excuse right?

We put up 37 points and you blame the offense. It's no wonder why no one takes you seriously.

I just don't get how people are okay with a kicker sucking ass and hurting the team.
Red zone probs ? Yes. Has defense sucked last 2 games yes.
WTF does that have to do with Nuggent missing 6 of his last 12 kicks ?

AD...duh

The dude drives them down to take the lead twice near the end of the game, and then drives down for a "gimmie"  FG at the end of ot...

37 isn't enough...this obviously falls on the offense and their red zone failures.

AD...duh

The dude drives them down to take the lead twice near the end of the game, and then drives down for a "gimmie"  FG at the end of ot...
37 isn't enough...this obviously falls on the offense and their red zone failures.

That 24 yarder to Wright was clutch. Reminded me of the one to AJ a couple of years ago in Pitt. That sent us to the playoffs

I'm not sure if it was red zone but I blame ref on the holding call on Andre Smith.

Sure it might have been holding but our defenders didn't get the benefit of the same scrunity as that 1 play.   

I'm not sure if it was red zone but I blame ref on the holding call on Andre Smith.

Sure it might have been holding but our defenders didn't get the benefit of the same scrunity as that 1 play.   

If I'm not mistaken, we had 4 redzone trips.

1. Td to tate.
2. Td to hill.
3. Called back TD to hill and blown call on the lateral to sanz. FG.
4. The last drive where we got to the redzone but the only play was the Dalton "kneel". Missed FG.

I'd hardly say that's a bad redzone day...

Go won't respond to this though so not sure why I'm typing.

Ryan is just trolling his own site again to increase the number of hits...

I don't know, he has a point about our defense giving up 37 at home.   Nugent should not have been a factor in whether on not we lost to this team.

Yes, the D sucked but the kicker still needs to be addressed. Imagine Nugent missing a game winner in the playoffs because the problem wasn't addressed now. At the very least, have some tryouts to see if there's a better option. I'd even go with 2 kickers if there wasn't a rock solid replacement, possibly a long kicker and a short kicker (Nugent). I guess what do you expect from an Ohio State kicker. Probably our own fault.

I don't know, he has a point about our defense giving up 37 at home.   Nugent should not have been a factor in whether on not we lost to this team.

But he was a factor in the end result of a tie.    You just can't get away from the fact if he makes his kick which they centered the ball for him to kick, Bengals win. 

Now you can go on and on about other parts of the game and make that case.   There is plenty to chew on, BUT make the kick and they win.

Nuge was #1 factor in the tie and they have Place Kickers for a reason.    Sometimes you need them to win ballgames.  

But he was a factor in the end result of a tie.    You just can't get away from the fact if he makes his kick which they centered the ball for him to kick, Bengals win. 

Now you can go on and on about other parts of the game and make that case.   There is plenty to chew on, BUT make the kick and they win.

Nuge was #1 factor in the tie and they have Place Kickers for a reason.    Sometimes you need them to win ballgames.  

While I totally agree I also know it is hard to judge a kicker.   Morten Anderson was considered the best kicker in his day when he played for the Saints.  He was mister automatic for years playing on total shit teams.  Finally, he played in an actual game that actually ment something.  I still remember him missing a total gimmie the last game of the season late in the fourth to break a tie and make it to the playoffs.  He eventually made one from like 18 yards and barely, to win. 

You can bring in another kicker but you have ZERO idea how the guy will handle real pressure unless his name is Vinatieri.

While I totally agree I also know it is hard to judge a kicker.   Morten Anderson was considered the best kicker in his day when he played for the Saints.  He was mister automatic for years playing on total shit teams.  Finally, he played in an actual game that actually ment something.  I still remember him missing a total gimmie the last game of the season late in the fourth to break a tie and make it to the playoffs.  He eventually made one from like 18 yards and barely, to win. 

You can bring in another kicker but you have ZERO idea how the guy will handle real pressure unless his name is Vinatieri.

...or Josh Brown.

If I'm not mistaken, we had 4 redzone trips.

1. Td to tate.
2. Td to hill.
3. Called back TD to hill and blown call on the lateral to sanz. FG.
4. The last drive where we got to the redzone but the only play was the Dalton "kneel". Missed FG.

I'd hardly say that's a bad redzone day...

Go won't respond to this though so not sure why I'm typing.

Prior OT drive they got inside the 20 with a 2nd and 5.   Had to settle for FG.    Dalton got sacked on the 3rd down.  

Archived