WHY DID WE RE-SIGN NUGENT OVER JOSH BROWN ???

Ryan man I appreate you and this site and always liked you from the few times we hung out in Bmore when you me Dan and my bro went to the games, but you're Dalton blaming is getting as irrational as the Dalton appologists get.

He wasn't the problem this weekend, and hasn't been the problem at all this year (despite being the reason for the playoff loss last year, that appologists are still irrational about)

The Defense, and Nuget 100% deserve the blame for that loss.

The Defense has been even more to blame over the past two weeks.

Ryan man I appreate you and this site and always liked you from the few times we hung out in Bmore when you me Dan and my bro went to the games, but you're Dalton blaming is getting as irrational as the Dalton appologists get.

He wasn't the problem this weekend, and hasn't been the problem at all this year (despite being the reason for the playoff loss last year, that appologists are still irrational about)

#commonsense 

@3underthru3: @JeremyHill33 can you kick FGs too? Do us all a favor and go break @MikeNugent85's leg”. Big fan of this one.

@DiedNWent2Dquan: Cincinnati has 2 shitty kickers from centerville @Agantz16 @MikeNugent85”. Come on, @Agantz16 doesn't deserve that.

@badmuthaTUCKER5: I heard @MikeNugent85 tried to hang himself, but missed the chair when he tried to kick it out from under his self.”

:lmao:

Quinn Sharp.  Young, upcoming kicker who was great with us.

You need a trustworthy kicker and Nugent is not it. I'd rather have Shayne Graham.

Yeah Sharp made some nice kicks when it didn't matter, and Graham missed more important and easier kicks than that, so not sure why we'd ever wish for him back. Anybody who has watched football for any amount of time had seen better kickers than Nugent go through worse stretches than this, and so far he hasn't lost us any games so maybe everybody could take chill pill and focus on a defense that gave up 37 fucking points. No team deserves to win with that kind of performance, and if they don't fix it fast we won't win many more games this year no matter who our kicker is.

Yeah Sharp made some nice kicks when it didn't matter, and Graham missed more important and easier kicks than that, so not sure why we'd ever wish for him back. Anybody who has watched football for any amount of time had seen better kickers than Nugent go through worse stretches than this, and so far he hasn't lost us any games so maybe everybody could take chill pill and focus on a defense that gave up 37 fucking points. No team deserves to win with that kind of performance, and if they don't fix it fast we won't win many more games this year no matter who our kicker is.

I have watched plenty of football over my 45 years on this earth & I cannot think of one. Curious as to what kicker(s) (better than Nuge percentage wise I am assuming?) you are speaking of that have missed 6 FGs over a 5 game stretch?

And kept their job. Add that to the end of it. These motherfuckers are delusional.

Amen!
And yes I agree the defense has looked leaky as f--k! But if that continues isn't that all the more reason to have a kicker that is not gonna miss 35% of his FGs....not miss FGs (potential game winning ones at that) from the shortest distance in 4 damn years! If the defense continues to suck then we will have to outscore the opponent & every point will be even more crucial.

Amen!
And yes I agree the defense has looked leaky as f--k! But if that continues isn't that all the more reason to have a kicker that is not gonna miss 35% of his FGs....not miss FGs (potential game winning ones at that) from the shortest distance in 4 damn years! If the defense continues to suck then we will have to outscore the opponent & every point will be even more crucial.

Pretty sure this is a requirement for winning no matter how good or bad the defense may be, but point taken.

Even with that defense giving up 37 f'ing points, Nugent could have won the game with a 36 yd field goal.  36 yards, not 56 or even 46.   A gimme for a professional kicker for all intents and purposes.  Yet he failed to deliver.  That's on him, not the defense.   

And better kickers than Nugent who have gone on these stretches?  Name one.  

Jamie's on the ball with this one.

This season is an example of why I (and I think many of us in general) love football. Every team has injuries, how do you think Detroit feels with Calvin out? And the penalties are hammering everyone. We've got a much improved QB at the helm though. Andy Dalton will be the reason we win a playoff game this year, that's my feeling. We've got 11 games to go and that's a lot of time to learn and improve and get healthy (Eifert, AJ, Brandon Thompson,)

Archived