Panthers angry over Vontaze Burfict’s extra leg-twisting

Panthers angry over Vontaze Burfict’s extra leg-twisting
Posted by Darin Gantt on October 13, 2014, 7:42 AM EDT

db42214cfae58c59fe128a51259f3736.jpeg?w=AP

Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict had a pair of unnecessary roughness penalties before he left with a head injury yesterday.

But after he returned, he had a pair of players which were unnecessarily rough, even though they weren’t flagged.

Burfict appeared to twist the ankles of both Panthers quarterback Cam Newton and tight end Greg Olsen after making tackles, plays which didn’t draw the scrutiny of refs on the field.

Charlotte photographer Jeremy Igo captured the Olsen twist, which wasn’t as immediately noticeable as the one on Newton.

Newton, who is coming off ankle surgery, gave Burfict a little kick back at the end of that play, though play resumed without any offcials getting involved.

Apparently no one in the post-game locker room was asked about the play, but Panthers kicker Graham Gano took to Twitter afterwards with some harsh words.

“Unbelievable that a player would intentionally try to hurt my teammates twice,” Gano wrote. “I hope the NFL lays down the law hard. #unacceptable.”

Burfict’s actions do invite further scrutiny, and the league will likely want to have a look, especially since he targeted the leg Newton had surgically repaired this offseason.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/13/panthers-angry-over-vontaze-burficts-extra-leg-twisting/

Burfict appeared to twist the ankles of both Panthers quarterback Cam Newton and tight end Greg Olsen after making tackles, plays which didn’t draw the scrutiny of refs on the field.Apparently no one in the post-game locker room was asked about the play, but Panthers kicker Graham Gano took to Twitter afterwards with some harsh words.

“Unbelievable that a player would intentionally try to hurt my teammates twice,” Gano wrote. “I hope the NFL lays down the law hard. #unacceptable.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/13/panthers-angry-over-vontaze-burficts-extra-leg-twisting/

Go fuck yourself 'kicker'. It's people like you that make 4 hour NFL games end up in a tie.

[quote name="oldschooler" post="1386849" timestamp="1413201296"]

He should be fined and suspended. [/quote

]

Yea ok. Just like Kimo was.

I don't remember Kimo grabbing Carson's leg after the pass and intentionally twisting it until he heard it pop.  I guess we can pretend this isn't a big deal but along with the multiple personal fouls this season he is facing a hefty fine and possible suspension for being an idiot.

The other thing he is doing is painting a target on Andy's back in the form of retribution.

Furthermore, if the guy continues to use his weapon like a helmet which he does on almost every play, he will probably just concuss his way out of the league.

[quote name="SF2" post="1386888" timestamp="1413208395"]

I don't remember Kimo grabbing Carson's leg after the pass and intentionally twisting it until he heard it pop.  I guess we can pretend this isn't a big deal but along with the multiple personal fouls this season he is facing a hefty fine and possible suspension for being an idiot.

Furthermore, if the guy continues to use his weapon like a helmet which he does on almost every play, he will probably just concuss his way out of the league.[/quote

]

You all keep following in line with the other teams propagand . I choose not too.

Archived