Colts Talk

Not sure if this should be merged with Colts Prediction.   If it should go ahead and merged.

Colts had a weird game last week on Thursday.   So they have a long week to rest/prepare for the Bengals.

1.  On side kick.   At the time of the broadcast it portrayed they have recovered 3 already this year.   No other team had recovered 1 at the time this season.    The one they got against Houston was sweet.   Basically the kicker, kicked it to himself because Houston was so far off.

2. TY Hilton - Monster game.

3.  Colts got up 24-0 but Houston grinded their way back into it.  Ended up being a 5 point loss.

Colts are balanced (of course)  Run/Throw out any formation and play equally out of single back, shotgun, and FB/HB.

Notice they loved to run toss plays to Richardson out of single back.    They also like to look for Bradshaw out of shotgun.

They'll mix carries between those two during the game.

Things of note:

Houston got pressure mostly when Luck was under center.    They also tipped 4 balls at the LOS.   JJ Watt had two (I think).

Odd thing was when the game got tight, the Colts scrapped everything else and went strictly out of shotgun letting Luck Pass.   Houston was then able to get pressure on Luck in that senario.    I thought it was odd to do that in the 4th protecting a lead.

Houston got back into of course via Foster and Andre Johnson.    The hurt the Colts bad with back shoulder throws against Vontae Davis (#21).

Colts ended up with 5 sacks on Fitz.  

Hard to tell how much will transfer over to other weeks because they focused alot on stopping JJ Watt and nobody has a defender playing at his level right now. 

The Film Don't Lie: Colts
October, 14, 2014
Oct 14
11:10
AM ET
By Mike Wells | ESPN.com

A weekly look at what the Indianapolis Colts must fix:

The Colts continue to cause problems on defense. They have 16 sacks and have forced nine turnovers during their current four-game winning streak. But they had issues stopping the run against the Houston Texans last week.

Houston's Arian Foster continued his success against the Colts by running for 109 yards, including 72 in the second half. The positive is that was 41 yards fewer than Foster’s career average of 150 yards against the Colts. But it was also the first time all season Indianapolis had given up 100 yards to a running back.

Enter the running back the Colts will face this weekend: Giovani Bernard of the Cincinnati Bengals.

Bernard is coming off a performance in which he rushed for 137 yards and a touchdown on 18 carries in the Bengals’ tie with the Carolina Panthers last weekend. He's averaging 4.5 yards a carry this season.

The Colts are 11th in the league in stopping the run, giving up only 107.5 yards per game.

Indianapolis could have some additional help on the defensive line this weekend. Art Jones, who has been out with a high-ankle sprain since Week 2, may return to practice Thursday.

Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts on the call for CBS this week.

White jerseys-black pants

https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=pauldehnerjr&original_referer=http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/12196/bengals-vontaze-burfict-reputation-preceding-him-again-ankles-panthers

The only way the white jerseys should be used IMHO

Andy Dalton vs. Indianapolis Colts

Dalton put up a good stat line against the Carolina Panthers last week, but that was on his home field. On the road, he's been a less successful quarterback in the stat sheets. In his last six games away from home, Dalton has thrown eight touchdown passes and eight interceptions. The Colts have been tough on quarterbacks, too.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story/0ap3000000411147/article/start-em-sit-em-week-7-quarterbacks?icampaign=fantasy_editorial-dropdown-startemsitem-quarterbacks

Age, I would say this will be a position that is addressed in the offseason

I agree with ya there FV33.  Doubt it's very high in the draft though unless someone with so much talent

falls down the board for whatever reason.  IMO they just about have to look at the SLB and MLB positions

early then next IMO could be OT.  Might be close to getting time they look for Andrew Whitworth's replacement.

Not that he's playing bad or anything but moving him to Guard full time would prolong his career.  I'd think

DT would be after that but like I mentioned before they should stick to the way they've been doing the past

3 or 4 drafts and go BPA early.  I've only just begun poking around prospects for the 2015 draft and then there

are the players that are going to declare early for the draft which won't be announced for quite a bit yet.

I mentioned this in the Fantasy Football and Draft Talk thread a day or two ago.  I went through roughly 15 or

so early mocks and the ones I did check out have us going mostly OT in the first with a couple going WR and

one going Center for damn reason lol and only one going ILB, DT and Safety with Safety being a head scratcher

for me just like the one projecting Center lol.  Here's some of the names, schools and positions I did look at:

1 had us going Sammie Coates, WR (Auburn).  1 had us going Center Hroniss Gracu (Oregon) head scratcher there!

1 had us going Mario Edwards, DT (FSU). 1 had us going Safety Derron Smith (Fresno State) another head scratcher!

1 had us going Ty Sambrailo, OT (Colorado State), 3 had us going La'El Collins, OT (LSU). 3 also had us going

Cameron Erving, OT (FSU) 1 had us going Bernardrick McKinney ILB (Mississippi State).

Those are just the ones I took time to read. 

Might be close to getting time they look for Andrew Whitworth's replacement.

I would've said that time was 2-3 years ago when he started having recurring knee problems, but what do I know.

Maybe one of these backup OT's is actually a future starter? Haven't seen enough of them to tell.

As mentioned above those tricky Colts have recovered 3 onside kicks.

1st was against Denver in your typical 4th qtr comeback attempt: picture below shows a typical alinement and attempt

[attachment=1509:image.jpg]

2nd was against Titans in first qtr. they bunch the sides and picture below shows Titans don't adjust. Successful recovery

[attachment=1510:image.jpg]

3rd time against Houston, 1st Qtr. Houston wasn't going to be fooled and matched man for man. First photo is the opening kickoff - normal. Second photo is Colts just leave their guys out there and Mcafee just kicks to himself, simple

[attachment=1511:image.jpg]

[attachment=1512:image.jpg]

Will these tricky Colts try it again this week?  If they do it's going to be the left side, I'm guessing.   2 right , 1 middle.  

Archived