Vontaze Burfict to appeal his leg-twisting fine

Vontaze Burfict to appeal his leg-twisting fine
Posted by Darin Gantt on October 16, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT

2aef433bfd4276a9fa1fe12c1161324b.jpeg?w=

Getty Images

For a guy who probably got off light with a $25,000 fine, Vontaze Burfict might be pushing his luck.

According to Adam Caplan of ESPN, the Bengals linebacker will appeal his $25,000 fine for throwing the WWE stepover-toe-hold on Panthers quarterback Cam Newton and tight end Greg Olsen last week.

Burfict has already been told he’s considered a repeat offender, and has a pair of $21,000 fines for illegal hits on his resume already.

His next such penalty is going to get him called to the principal’s office in New York, but there’s no indication fines have modified his behavior.

He leads the team in penalties this year, even though he’s only played one full game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/16/vontaze-burfict-to-appeal-his-leg-twisting-fine/

Panthers should be fined for Pussy Patting

Panthers (Panther player) should be fined and suspended for ripping off Gilberry's helmet

and giving him a gash above the eye it took five stitches to close... and not even a penalty...

for the PedoPanthers, anyway.  I think we got flagged on that play.

media-driven nature of fines & rules changes, and how they are selectively enforced.

It's enough to make me want to puke. It's amazing how much things have changed in the last 10 years. It's hard to be a football fan nowadays, at least for me anyways, and I blame most of it on the out of control media.

Archived