A.J. Green not working out Friday

A.J. Green not working out Friday
Posted by Mike Wilkening on October 17, 2014, 11:49 AM EDT

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjj

AP

The Bengals’ go-to receiver remains on the mend with a toe injury.

Wide receiver A.J. Green wasn’t seen working out with the club on Friday, Coley Harvey of ESPN.com reported this morning. Green, who missed the Bengals’ Week Six tie vs. Carolina, did not practice on Wednesday or Thursday. Were Green to miss a full practice for a third straight day, his status for Sunday’s matchup at Indianapolis would seem in serious doubt.

If Green sits out yet another game, Brandon Tate will likely start opposite Mohamed Sanu, who’s the lead receiver in Green’s absence. With Green out against Carolina, Sanu was targeted on about a third of Andy Dalton’s 43 passes.

The Bengals also have Dane Sanzenbacher, James Wright, Greg Little and Cobi Hamilton at receiver.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/17/a-j-green-not-working-out-friday/

Friday update: No Green; One No. 14 to another

Posted 30 minutes ago

hobson60x60.jpg Geoff Hobson Editor Bengals.com

The Bengals hit the practice field Friday morning with no A.J. Green (toe), so now the question isn’t going to be if he plays this Sunday (1 p.m.-Cincinnati’s Channel 12) in Indianapolis, but if he plays next Sunday against the Ravens at Paul Brown Stadium.

SAM linebacker Emmanuel Lamur (shoulder) won’t play this Sunday, but could the next because he was on the side Friday working vigorously. But there was no sign of middle backer Rey Maualuga (hamstring), indicating he may be a couple of weeks away.

Left tackle Andrew Whitworth returned to work Friday after two rest days.

Also Friday, Ken Anderson stopped by practice and the Bengals all-time leading passer had some kind words for the current No. 14. Anderson has been keeping track of Andy Dalton and his mates at a Bengals’ bar near his home in Hilton Head, S.C., run by a transplanted Cincinnatian.

“We’re all decked out in Bengals gear and there’s a lot of Who Deys chanted as we watch the game,” Anderson said. “I think he’s not turning it over, he’s completing a lot of passes. The thing I really like is he’s been avoiding sacks by throwing it away this year, which really helps the offensive line. I expected him to continue his improvement and he’s done that.”

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Friday-update-No-Green-One-No-14-to-another/221b975c-c454-482c-9cee-8f729f523932

I am too--on Special Teams...

The only way he'll see the field on Offense is in the 4th quarter during a blowout win.

I am not so sure of that at this point. Maybe not this Sunday, but sooner rather than later we will see Little catching passes. He's got more talent than Tate, Sanzenbacher and Wright combined. Whether he can put it together is the question.

Are you this fucking stupid ? Both were obvious jokes. Who is the moron ?

Please do not make personal attacks on other posters, no matter how stupid you think they are. Thanks.

He'll be back next week vs. Baltimore, that's been the plan since he hurt his toe. 

Scharm and Bubba are morons!

Please do not make personal attacks on other posters, no matter how stupid you think they are. Thanks.

^^What he said^^

Thanks!

Archived