Week Seven “Three and Out”

Week Seven “Three and Out”
Posted by Mike Florio on October 18, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT

Well, I guess I’ve got no choice but to keep doing it.  More of you are reading this new feature (which is nice), and hardly anyone is complaining (which is even nicer — and incredibly rare).

And so here’s the Week Seven “Three and Out,” a contrived set of three questions and answers for each of the Sunday games.

“Where’s the Monday game?” someone invariably will ask in the comments.  It’s not there; this covers Sunday games only.

This week features another 13 Sunday games.  Which means 39 questions and answers for me to write and you to read.  I’ve taken care of my end of the bargain.  You’re up.

Bengals at Colts

1. When will A.J. Green play again?

No one seems to know. Questionable for Week Six with a sprained toe, Green is doubtful for Sunday’s game at Indianapolis — a downgrade in status even though he hasn’t practiced or played.

On Friday, coach Marvin Lewis said that the “time is up in the air” regarding a potential return from the injury.

Maybe it’s just me, but these toes injuries seem to linger longer than they used to. It’s probably the media.

2. Should Vontaze Burfict have his head on a swivel?

Probably. As NFLPA president Eric Winston said on Friday’s PFT Live, opponents will be keeping their eyes on the Bengals linebacker after he decided to treat pro football like pro wrestling twice against the Panthers.  Winston was candid regarding his reaction to Burfict trying to twist the ankles of his teammates; Winston said he would have gone after Burfict.

Players from other teams could try to do it preemptively, hoping to put Burfict on the sidelines before Burfict can do it to a player from the other team.

3. Will Colts keep trying onside kicks?

After successfully recovering three of them this year, yes they will.

Coach Chuck Pagano said in the wake of the most recent recovery — a soccer dribble onto which the man who kicked it fell after 10 yards — that the Colts won’t stop taking advantage of opportunities to keep possession.

“Based on how they lineup and how they adjust, it’s kind of just we’re going to take whatever they give us,” Pagano said. “They’ve got to make a decision on how they adjust. We’ll keep playing with it and try to find a way to steal a play here and there.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/18/week-seven-three-and-out/

Trust Florio to condone headhunting a guy that's been playing a little dirty. Hey asshole, if everyone took that approach your fuckin Stoolers wouldn't be able to field a team by Week 3. Typical ESPNFL style media bullshit; let's make Burfict a scapegoat & let bigger named players do whatever they want.

For the record I think Taze needs to play within the rules but the smear campaign is bullshit. How come when other teams have guys like this they're "old-school" but our guy is Charles friggin Manson?

Trust Florio to condone headhunting a guy that's been playing a little dirty. Hey asshole, if everyone took that approach your fuckin Stoolers wouldn't be able to field a team by Week 3. Typical ESPNFL style media bullshit; let's make Burfict a scapegoat & let bigger named players do whatever they want.

For the record I think Taze needs to play within the rules but the smear campaign is bullshit. How come when other teams have guys like this they're "old-school" but our guy is Charles friggin Manson?

Taze (aka Glass) needs to stop tackling everyone his helmet.

Archived