Nice Guys Finish Last Because Too Many Men Have Pretended To Be Nice

Go Skins

Friend of mine posted this on FB yesterday, the discussion was interesting to say the least. 

http://elitedaily.com/life/culture/be-kind-right-reasons/795053/

Being nice for the sake of being nice is a great thing. If everyone were to be nice simply for the sake of being a nice, happy individual, the world would be a much better place. Sadly, that isn’t the world we live in.

Most people who are being nice to you are being nice to you for a reason.

In other words, they want something from you. What they want will vary. Sometimes it’s nothing more than a conversation and some companionship. Other times, it’s something much more generous.

This unique kindness dynamic can be interestingly examined in the contexts of dating. When we go on dates, we are “officially” getting to know someone. Or at least, that is the purpose for which dating was created.

As most of us have come to learn, most likely after years and years of disappointing encounters, is that most people don’t date in order to get to know the other person. In fact, most people don’t even date in order to date; they date to get laid.

I’m not going to pick on the guys here solely, as there are plenty of women guilty of exactly the same way of romancing.

To be clear, there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to go out on dates in order to have sex. In fact, that is much preferred over our culture’s current one-night stand practices.

But… if that’s the purpose of your interest in the other person, then be a nice person and be clear on your intentions. You may just want to get it in, but the other person may very well be looking for something more than an orgasm.

I do have to be honest though. Men are more often than not the culprits. I am sure that every single guy with, at the very least, a somewhat active sex life has used kindness in order to get a girl into bed. I know I have. Every guy has. Why?

Because no woman wants to get into bed with a guy who is a complete assh*le — not a single one.

If you want to know exactly what women like, it’s this: a delicate combination of nice guy and total jerk.

Archived