With three home games in 12 days, Bengals are facing blackouts

Fuck yeah.    When the topic is selling out HOME regular season games.   I think the benchmark for their performance in those games is relevant. 

That doesn't have shit to do with selling out the next 3 home games.   They CAN'T win a PLAYOFF game in OCTOBER/NOVEMBER.    But don't you have to win games in the regular season to have a chance to win a playoff game? 

So you are not going to buy a regular season ticket because they haven't won a playoff game, yet?  Makes perfect sense, I guess.

Sorry.   Honestly looking?  Really?   We haven't been a low teens club since 2010.    You are not looking at it honestly.   Your statement proves it.      There are only 12 teams, 6 from each conference that get playoff bids.   Low teens?  LOL.

What  alot of Bengal fans are capable of doing is jumping ship and making excuses to support their lame reasons they'd rather play on a message board and sit on their couch whining about blackouts.

There is nothing wrong with that by the way,  enjoy your Bengals how you want to.   However that is bandwagon.   It's also a shitty fan base.   I don't disagree the Bengals deserve some of it but it's still shitty. 

Low teens meaning 13 to 15.    The AFC has been  weaker than the NFC the past few years.

Your asking enough people to support a team with little to no history of success and who has played poorly the past few weeks to run out and drop a couple of hundred bucks  to buy a ticket FROM THE BENGALS at face price to avoid a blackout?  Why would anyone do that when there are 100s of tickets available for less than $50 or you could spend $75 and get damn good seats?

Who is jumping ship?  You keep assuming the Bengals have a large and loyal fan base.  I am here to tell you that simply is not TRUE.   Probably 40 to 50 thousand  hardcore fans at this point.   Cincinnati is a small market and the last 20 years of horrible to somewhat above average play at best has poisoned a generation of fans.    The team needs to have some post season success if they want to attract FANS.   

Everytime I go to New Orleans, I see people everywhere with Saints apparel on.  After the 2005 season, there was a lot of that around Dayton with the Bengals.  As time has gone on, I just see less and less people wearing Bengals gear.   I am sorry but must casual fans are NOT excited by the Bengals, don't believe in them and THEY ARE THE ONES we need to buy tickets.

Low teens meaning 13 to 15.

Oh so to fit your bandwagon agenda you are going actually change MATH?  WTF?   13 is now low teens, really?   As opposed to 19, 18, 17?  What are those really really low teens or super high 20s?

Your asking enough people to support a team with little to no history of success and who has played poorly the past few weeks to run out and drop a couple of hundred bucks to buy a ticket FROM THE BENGALS at face price to avoid a blackout? Why would anyone do that when there are 100s of tickets available for less than $50 or you could spend $75 and get damn good seats?

Yeah.   Cincinnati isn't Huntington, WV or Lexington, KY.      There is enough wealth and interest in the market to buy up the inventory on the secondary market and box office.

Who is jumping ship? You keep assuming the Bengals have a large and loyal fan base. I am here to tell you that simply is not TRUE. Probably 40 to 50 thousand hardcore fans at this point. Cincinnati is a small market and the last 20 years of horrible to somewhat above average play at best has poisoned a generation of fans. The team needs to have some post season success if they want to attract FANS.

Bengals didn't have a bunch of fans give up tickets after 2010?   That's who jumped ship.

Bengals didn't have a waiting list for season tickets in 2007/2008?   That's who jumped ship.

Everytime I go to New Orleans, I see people everywhere with Saints apparel on. After the 2005 season, there was a lot of that around Dayton with the Bengals. As time has gone on, I just see less and less people wearing Bengals gear.

I'm not trying to be insulting.   Your first hand observations don't mean much after trying to describe a team that qualified for 1 of 12 spots 3 season in row as low teens.

Isn't it possible that you are a bandwagon fan?  Possible?  That you are part of the home-field advantage problem?  That your selfish actions are robbing this collection of fine football talents of a quality home field advantage?

All you are really doing is trying to justify your hate for a team you don't believe in.   Not recongizing your hate is based on team's coached by Coslet, Shula and Lebeau.   You are part of the problem, aren't you?    You are punishing this team because of those shitty 90 teams, right? 

Oh so to fit your bandwagon agenda you are going actually change MATH?  WTF?   13 is now low teens, really?   As opposed to 19, 18, 17?  What are those really really low teens or super high 20s?

Yeah.   Cincinnati isn't Huntington, WV or Lexington, KY.      There is enough wealth and interest in the market to buy up the inventory on the secondary market and box office.

Bengals didn't have a bunch of fans give up tickets after 2010?   That's who jumped ship.

Bengals didn't have a waiting list for season tickets in 2007/2008?   That's who jumped ship.

I'm not trying to be insulting.   Your first hand observations don't mean much after trying to describe a team that qualified for 1 of 12 spots 3 season in row as low teens.

Isn't it possible that you are a bandwagon fan?  Possible?  That you are part of the home-field advantage problem?  That your selfish actions are robbing this collection of fine football talents of a quality home field advantage?

All you are really doing is trying to justify your hate for a team you don't believe in.   Not recongizing your hate is based on team's coached by Coslet, Shula and Lebeau.   You are part of the problem, aren't you?    You are punishing this team because of those shitty 90 teams, right? 

Wow, you really are a homer.    I have said the Bengals are slightly above average.  15 to 10, no more no less the last few years.  I am sorry if you mistook my statement of low teens for something it wasn't.

You want games sold out, WIN SOMETHING.    This is not Dallas, New York, Chicago or New England.   We draw  a little from Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati,,;;;that is it.     Indy has their own team.      Cleveland takes the northern half of the state and honesty quiet a bit in Dayton.    I rarely see Bengals apparel in Lexington or Louisville and I am there quite often.

You actually think Marvin Lewis has done a good job here?  You believe that?   The only reason people like you believe in Marvin Lewis is based on him being better than the DOG SHIT that was here 1992-2002.   In your mind, a team that has been absolutely humiliated twice in the past 3 games and gave up 37 points to Carolina at home deserves more support than it is being shown.  Why?    You accuse me of hating the team?  Nonsense but I sure as hell don't respect Marvin Lewis or the current play of this club.  

You want to see a .500 club going places:  Kansas City Chiefs.  1 bad loss to start the year and have gone 3-2 against the best teams in the league.  They lost 2 close games in Denver and San Fran.   We got OBLITERATED on the road in New England and Indy.

Last week was a joke and this club and its coaching staff don't have 3 AFC championship appearances in the past 3 years to fall back on like New England does.  Did you see Dallas' first home game this year?   Here, let me show you how even the BIG D treats lack of success:

49ers-fans-at-att-stadium.jpg

Wow, you really are a homer. I have said the Bengals are slightly above average. 15 to 10, no more no less the last few years.

Yeah, and that's wrong.  There are undisputed metrics that conflict with your own personal assessment.    Sorry.     12 teams make the playoffs.   The Bengals have been 1 of those 12.   That's not 13 or 15 and 13 or 15 aren't low teens anyway.  

Another metric is the draft position awarded to the team based on record.   They have drafted in the 20s.   If they were low teens wouldn't they draft higher?   

That's not being a "homer" that's being accurate. 

You actually think Marvin Lewis has done a good job here? You believe that? 

Marvin Lewis has done a good enough job since 2010 to receive the same home support he did prior to the 2010 season.  

This isn't a discussion on his legacy.   I know you want to make it about that to support your bandwagon behavior.     Marvin Lewis had 1 playoff appearance on his record while coaching during the seasons 2006-2008  and they had a waiting list for tickets.     He's had 4 in the last 5 and you think it's justifiable that we can't get a true sellout?  Laughable. 

This is a discussion of bandwagon fans and how shitty Bengal fans are.     I'm not trying to put Marvin in the hall of fame or sign him to a life time contract.

Why don't you just come out and say that he has to  walk on the Ohio River before each game before you forget about the 90s. 

Yeah, and that's wrong.  There are undisputed metrics that conflict with your own personal assessment.    Sorry.     12 teams make the playoffs.   The Bengals have been 1 of those 12.   That's not 13 or 15 and 13 or 15 aren't low teens anyway.  

Another metric is the draft position awarded to the team based on record.   They have drafted in the 20s.   If they were low teens wouldn't they draft higher?   

That's not being a "homer" that's being accurate. 

Marvin Lewis has done a good enough job since 2010 to receive the same home support he did prior to the 2010 season.  

This isn't a discussion on his legacy.   I know you want to make it about that to support your bandwagon behavior.     Marvin Lewis had 1 playoff appearance during the seasons 2006-2008  and they had a waiting list for tickets.     He's had 4 in the last 5 and you think it's justifiable that we can't get a true sellout?  Laughable. 

This is a discussion of bandwagon fans and shitty Bengal fans are.  

Well lets see, the 2005 season finally brought us out of the dark ages.  Fans were excited after 15 years thinking we were going somewhere.  Carson Palmer was on the Cover of SI, proclaiming his hate of Pittsburgh and wanting to win.  We had personalities on the team that brought us even more attention ie. Ocho Cinco, TJ etc...     Fans finally believed and bought tickets.

By the end of 2010 there was little future success, a 4-12 season and the debacle that was the Carson Palmer saga.  We where the laughingstock of the league.  Oh, by the way, we were also in a serious recession which saw my town of Dayton lose all of its GM plants, and watched the departure of NCR and Mead.     The glimmer that was 2005 was gone.

We have been above average the past few years.  We are also a very boring team with NO personalities on it other than PacMan who really doesn't get any national play anymore.   We don't win big nationally televised games, in fact, we usually play like shit in them for the rest of the country to see. 

You want sellouts but you continue to ignore what it takes for teams to sell out......HOPE.  After the last embarrassing playoff game against San Diego  at HOME and the last few games, the average JOE who we need to buy tickets has NO HOPE.  Nobody gives a shit if we have been around 8-12 the last few season, when it is time to shine whether it be the playoffs or in primetime, we shit the bed.   When the national media pounds on you over and over again about your inability to win high profile games, the average Joe has NO HOPE.

Well lets see, the 2005 season finally brought us out of the dark ages.  Fans were excited after 15 years thinking we were going somewhere.  Carson Palmer was on the Cover of SI, proclaiming his hate of Pittsburgh and wanting to win.  We had personalities on the team that brought us even more attention ie. Ocho Cinco, TJ etc...     Fans finally believed and bought tickets.

By the end of 2010 there was little future success, a 4-12 season and the debacle that was the Carson Palmer saga.  We where the laughingstock of the league.  Oh, by the way, we were also in a serious recession which saw my town of Dayton lose all of its GM plants, and watched the departure of NCR and Mead.     The glimmer that was 2005 was gone.

We have been above average the past few years.  We are also a very boring team with NO personalities on it other than PacMan who really doesn't get any national play anymore.   We don't win big nationally televised games, in fact, we usually play like shit in them for the rest of the country to see. 

You want sellouts but you continue to ignore what it takes for teams to sell out......HOPE.  After the last embarrassing playoff game against San Diego  at HOME and the last few games, the average JOE who we need to buy tickets has NO HOPE.  Nobody gives a shit if we have been around 8-12 the last few season, when it is time to shine whether it be the playoffs or in primetime, we shit the bed.   When the national media pounds on you over and over again about your inability to win high profile games, the average Joe has NO HOPE.

That's bandwagon. 

Like it or not  Marvin has done enough on the field since 2010 to warrant an equal amount of support at home games. 

Your explanation of "HOPE" is just rationalization of a shitty bandwagon group of sports fans.     

I am not saying it's wrong.    This behavior does rob a good team of an advantage that they had to overcome on the road the past 2 losses.

Now the season is on the line and we have supposed "Bengal fans"  talking about some bullshit hope instead of going to a game.   Whatever. 

That's bandwagon. 

Like it or not  Marvin has done enough on the field since 2010 to warrant an equal amount of support at home games. 

Your explanation of "HOPE" is just rationalization of a shitty bandwagon group of sports fans.     

I am not saying it's wrong.    This behavior does rob a good team of an advantage that they had to overcome on the road the past 2 losses.

Now the season is on the line and we have supposed "Bengal fans"  talking about some bullshit hope instead of going to a game.   Whatever. 

You continue to pretend that I am the problem.  You also posses the twisted logic that an NFL franchise worth 100s of millions of dollars that makes massive amounts of money due to its monopoly status and TV deals somehow deserves a sold out stadium. You think NFL players, many making millions of dollars a year, DESERVE the support of middle class fans because...why?

The Bengals are getting all of the support members of this community have decided they deserve.  Your opinion is meaningless to them.

This is what I know:   Crowd noise favors the home team.   Bengals play the Ravens at home this week.

You have to win your division to have a shot a the no. 1 or 2 seeds.    They get byes.    No. 3 and 4 seeds get home playoffs in WC round.

These are all good things.    In addition certain fans have cried about not having playoff success and last I checked if you don't qualify for the playoffs you can't have playoff success.

The winner of this game has the upper hand in winning the division for the moment and the upper hand in playoff qualification.    Seems simple.   Show up.   If not, shut up.

This is what I know:   Crowd noise favors the home team.   Bengals play the Ravens at home this week.

You have to win your division to have a shot a the no. 1 or 2 seeds.    They get byes.    No. 3 and 4 seeds get home playoffs in WC round.

These are all good things.    In addition certain fans have cried about not having playoff success and last I checked if you don't qualify for the playoffs you can't have playoff success.

The winner of this game has the upper hand in winning the division for the moment and the upper hand in playoff qualification.    Seems simple.   Show up.   If not, shut up.

If they want more fans coming to the games they should play better, not get humiliated by Indy.  27-0.  Shut out.  Never ever in that game.  No heart.

Archived