A.J. Green vows to play this week, but Mohamed Sanu has him covered

A.J. Green vows to play this week, but Mohamed Sanu has him covered
Posted by Darin Gantt on October 27, 2014, 7:49 AM EDT

a9a95667c3df7955f485a0a4fe741896-e141441

Getty Images

The Bengals were able to withstand a game without their leading receiver yesterday, but that should be changing soon.

Wideout A.J. Green replied “yes” when pressed on his availability for next week’s game against the Jaguars, after missing yesterday’s win over the Ravens.

I’ll practice this week and see how it goes, but I think I’ll be fine,” Green said, via Richard Skinner of the Cincinnati Enquirer. “I was at 40 percent last week and I feel about 80 percent today. I haven’t had any soreness after I’ve worked out.”

Of course, they can almost afford to give him time to recover from his toe injury, considering the way Mohamed Sanu is playing.

Sanu had five catches for a career-high 125 yards and added 27 yards rushing on two carries. It was his second 100-yard receiving game in three weeks, and is on pace for more than 1,000 yards.

“It’s been what we expected really from Mo when we took Mo [in the draft],” Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said. “He and Marvin [Jones] have always jockeyed for position. He’s got it back and he’s taking advantage of the whole thing. It’s great.”

Sanu set up Andy Dalton’s game-winning touchdown run with a 53-yard reception, had a 48-yarder to set up their first touchdown of the game, and added a 26-yard reverse. Coupled with his ability to throw the ball, he’s become a multipurpose threat for the Bengals which should serve them well whenever Green returns.

As long as he isn't at a high risk of re-injuring it by playing, I say get him out there. We need all hands on deck at this point.

The Jags just beat the Browns 24-6 nine days ago. It's not like there's a massive difference between the two teams that mandates we save AJ for Cleveland.

As long as he isn't at a high risk of re-injuring it by playing, I say get him out there. We need all hands on deck at this point.

The Jags just beat the Browns 24-6 nine days ago. It's not like there's a massive difference between the two teams that mandates we save AJ for Cleveland.

2 days ago I was in favor of sitting him.  If Gio is out, I think you have to suit AJ up just in case.

The Jags are 1-7, but they've got a top 10 D.

Archived