Steelers empty seats

BengalBacker

The team averaged 8,189 no-shows per game in 2013, including a Sunday night game against the Bengals in December where over 19,000 people no-showed.

This was probably the biggest disappointment I felt from the Bengals fans base.     The Bengals were rolling.   Those tickets were cheap and a ton available. 

Bengal fans had a chance to take over a stadium like Steelers had done many times before,  easy drive.    

Steeler fans will always tell you two things.    Yellow Seats and people do like to stand in the Rotundas or whatever  make it look like the stadium is less empty.

I think you've got a couple things working against them

1. Bandwagon/Entitled fan base.   IMO,  they need to suck for a while to build back the fire for regular season games.   Those fans have had so many playoff seasons and Conference Championship games it's unreal.   Now that they are marching around with the also rans of the league the bandwagon nature is coming out.   I'd stay home too if I was used to the level of winning they've done vs. what their team has been. 

2. Price to go is high.   So the long time ticket holder at Pittsburgh is doing what alot of other ticket holders across the country are doing.   Cost recovery/avoidance.   Attending less games and trying to dump those tickets to recover the cost of the total package.    Stil pay for the ticket, maybe make some of that money back but then you avoid all the add on costs of $30 park, Beers @ $9 etc.

This was probably the biggest disappointment I felt from the Bengals fans base.     The Bengals were rolling.   Those tickets were cheap and a ton available. 

Bengal fans had a chance to take over a stadium like Steelers had done many times before,  easy drive.    

Can you really blame Bengals fans for NOT wanting to watch a game there? I know I wouldn't want to go there. Anyway, it's not OUR responsibility to HELP them sell out their games. Fuck them.

Can you really blame Bengals fans for NOT wanting to watch a game there? I know I wouldn't want to go there. Anyway, it's not OUR responsibility to HELP them sell out their games. Fuck them.

their games are sold out... already...

just people art going after buying tickets..

so 10,000 bengals fans going doesn't change ticket revenue.. as they already got paid...

and that mindset is why the bengals fancies is weak as hell, no one travels, the whole division is less than a days drive... tickets are always affordable..

i've been to pittsburgh 8 times...cleveland 9 times, baltimore 5 times... 

very fickle fanbase...sadly..

their games are sold out... already...

just people art going after buying tickets..

so 10,000 bengals fans going doesn't change ticket revenue.. as they already got paid...

and that mindset is why the bengals fancies is weak as hell, no one travels, the whole division is less than a days drive... tickets are always affordable..

i've been to pittsburgh 8 times...cleveland 9 times, baltimore 5 times... 

very fickle fanbase...sadly..

There's nothing fickle about not wanting to deal with drunken Steelers fans at Heinz field after we whoop that ass. You want to talk about fan experience being good no matter where you go then the NFL is going to have to tell Budweiser to shove it, which they will never do.

Heck, I wouldn't even take my 12 year old son to a Bengals game at home, let alone on the road against a divisional opponent. Too many drunks. 

There's nothing fickle about not wanting to deal with drunken Steelers fans at Heinz field after we whoop that ass. You want to talk about fan experience being good no matter where you go then the NFL is going to have to tell Budweiser to shove it, which they will never do.

Heck, I wouldn't even take my 12 year old son to a Bengals game at home, let alone on the road against a divisional opponent. Too many drunks. 

only in the cheap shit seats...

i have never had an issues anywhere but the shittiest seats in the house... 

only in the cheap shit seats...

i have never had an issues anywhere but the shittiest seats in the house... 

Perhaps I need to revisit the issue. I'm not a person that can be blamed for poor attendance on the road given I can barely afford to attend at home game with free tickets, so...I guess I'm not the Jedis nor the demographic the NFL is looking for.

Still, I find it interesting that you claim you've never had an issue with Stealer fans going to Heinz. Perhaps your size prevents many of the toothless from commenting in your direction.

Bengal fans had a chance to take over a stadium like Stealers had done many times before,  easy drive.    

Bengals fans can't fill up PBS, so they're not going to drive to western PA to fill up Heinz.

Archived