Guns in America

MichaelWeston

You really think reloading ammo should be illegal? How about alcohol?

I think you need to reconsider who gets punished by making something more expensive. Your neighborhood crack dealer isn't hurting for cash y'know.

If someone is manufacturing bullets then I would think it would be in the

best interest of society that they at least have to be licensed to do so.

And a record of what they have made should be kept and reviewed.

Alcohol? I can live without it. 

I'm just trying to think of ways to make people want to shoot bullets less.

Just throwing stuff out there. It's not like I am King of the World or anything. 

The way things are now, I don't know if anything will ever really change.

I mean mass shootings happen and people want more guns. Buy the weapons

the killers use. And their first thought is someone wanting to take their guns away

rather than how fucked up shit is. It makes my head and heart hurt. 

Crack wouldn't be any cheaper if it was legal. Someone else would be getting rich is all.

Also, being a safe, responsible gun owner means having familiarity and a modicum of proficiency that can only be acquired with practice. Ammo is already expensive, taxing the hell out of it would result in gun owners who don't know what the hell they are doing because they can't afford to go to the range with any regularity.

Considering you're more likely to shoot a family member, friend or yourself than you are

a bad guy, it might be a good thing if you weren't good at it. 

Considering you're more likely to shoot a family member, friend or yourself than you are

a bad guy, it might be a good thing if you weren't good at it. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. In my opinion, your hatred of guns makes it impossible to have a reasonable discussion about guns with you, so I'm mostly staying out of this discussion. I could argue everything you've said in here point by point, but I generally don't like to argue, especially when I see no point. We're both grown men who have our own reasons to believe what we believe. The biggest difference is that you want to take something away from me. I just want to be left alone to do what common sense tells me is the right thing to do to protect myself and my family, which by the way is protected under the Constitution. Now you'll say that no one wants to take away anyone's guns, yet every post you make on the subject sounds like you would like nothing more than to take away everyone's guns. You might cloak that now as wanting to take away ammo instead, but what's the difference?

Molon Labe

ETA: Putting exorbitant taxes on things you don't like doesn't sound like freedom to me. Although it is done with sin taxes, that doesn't make it right.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. In my opinion, your hatred of guns makes it impossible to have a reasonable discussion about guns with you, so I'm mostly staying out of this discussion. I could argue everything you've said in here point by point, but I generally don't like to argue, especially when I see no point. We're both grown men who have our own reasons to believe what we believe. The biggest difference is that you want to take something away from me. I just want to be left alone to do what common sense tells me is the right thing to do to protect myself and my family, which by the way is protected under the Constitution. Now you'll say that no one wants to take away anyone's guns, yet every post you make on the subject sounds like you would like nothing more than to take away everyone's guns. You might cloak that now as wanting to take away ammo instead, but what's the difference?

Molon Labe

ETA: Putting exorbitant taxes on things you don't like doesn't sound like freedom to me. Although it is done with sin taxes, that doesn't make it right.

I don't have a hatred for guns. I have a hatred for stupid and/or irresponsible people with guns.

Surely you see the problem. If not you should do some researching and acknowledge the problem.

See I don't see how you keep coming to that conclusion. I just don't think everyone has the right to a gun.

And neither do you. 

Hell if we could have required registration and annual proof of proficiency to go along with massive investment in mental health issues, it would be a huge step to solving the problem. Unfortunately laws on guns these days is viewed as "You're taking my guns". (To which I say, if you believe that maybe you should have your gun taken away and money invested in your mental health.)

Oh and I have absolutely no problem with Sin taxes, they are dead on "the right thing to do". If your behavior ends up driving prices up on things like healthcare (because some recognize we live in a society), then you should bare some sort of responsibility for that.

Hell I'd put sin taxes on all sorts of society harming behavior, starting right at the top.

Molon Labe

He's never said ANYTHING about taking away everyone's guns, just that we should have regulations and people should be able to prove they are mentally stable enough and have been through enough training to use them.  As a responsible gun owner, I don't think he's wrong.

There's a little more to the story than an unarmed boy was shot:

"McPherson reportedly followed the vehicle initially before activating his emergency lights. ... Comstock, at one point, is accused of stopping the vehicle and reversing, pushing the trailer into the police car and partially onto its hood, according to police.

Comstock then sped away again, police reported, running a red light and becoming unhitched from the trailer ... and eventually north on Morrill Road – against one-way traffic in the bike and pedestrian lanes, according to police.

Witnesses told police that people were jumping out of the way of the truck, which then jumped the curb onto a grassy area north of the university’s Campanile. McPherson unsuccessfully tried to ram the vehicle to get it to stop, police reported."

There's a little more to the story than an unarmed boy was shot:

"McPherson reportedly followed the vehicle initially before activating his emergency lights. ... Comstock, at one point, is accused of stopping the vehicle and reversing, pushing the trailer into the police car and partially onto its hood, according to police.

Comstock then sped away again, police reported, running a red light and becoming unhitched from the trailer ... and eventually north on Morrill Road – against one-way traffic in the bike and pedestrian lanes, according to police.

Witnesses told police that people were jumping out of the way of the truck, which then jumped the curb onto a grassy area north of the university’s Campanile. McPherson unsuccessfully tried to ram the vehicle to get it to stop, police reported."

The family's demands for answers got even louder following the revelation that a member of the Ames police department suggested twice that officers call off the chase.

America personified in one amazing picture. 

1236337872_fat_guy_shooting_his_gun.gif

Odd, I assumed you also lived in the US.   Foreign, or just one of those Americans that makes oddly-sweeping comments about "Americans" like they are the enlightened sovereign of the Utopian Republic of Me-istan?

Almost as good as the "people are so ______".   Are you 2 dogs in a suit or something?

Archived