Guns in America

MichaelWeston

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2579565/

President Obama will announce Tuesday that he's issuing an executive action to close the so-called "gun-show loophole" that gun sellers have used to avoid registering as dealers and to circumvent rules requiring dealers to check customers' backgrounds.

The executive action will clarify that it doesn't matter if a business is conducted from a store, a gun show or online. "If you're in the business of selling firearms, you must get a license and conduct background checks," Valerie Jarrett, a White House senior adviser, said on a phonecall with reporters Monday evening. "Just because you shop for a gun with a mouse instead of your feet, you shouldn't be able to avoid a background check."

Obviously biased source & the coddling of armed terrorist cell aside, this is likely the best option if we don't have the balls to treat them like the threat they represent.  Next time they'll just blow the building up & we can discuss their tortured idealism in the rubble.  These fuckers are the same type that blew up the Murrah building in OKC which I guess wasn't 9/11 so NBD.  Hey they're white Christian males so instead we'll act like they're petulant children & take away their juice box.  Whatever.   Seditious ignorant fucks. Anyone want to lay odds on any of these treasonous tactical asshole mall-ninja fuckwipes serving any jail time?  I hope it gets all Donner Party up there & then they get raped by bears. 

http://www.occupydemocrats.com/feds-set-to-cut-off-militias-public-power-public-roads-and-public-phone-line/

Counterpunch as well? Ha. I thought you were better than that, Homer.

Well, steggs, my man, you caught me out. I'm tellin' ya, developing an autonomous quality of judgment is daunting and challenging. I've had to do some really dangerous reading during my life. I won't bore you with too many details as this site is littered with a couple thousand posts I've made over the past decade which contain a nice breadcrumb trail of all the detestable books I've read over the course of a lifetime.

But you are right, I mean, for example, that period during which my interest in psychology forced me to crack the binding on some of the writings of Freud was pretty tough. All that sexualized talk had me so shook up that I didn't take my dick out for a least a week. I just pee'd in my pants for a while until it got uncomfortable.

It's a true horror when you consider all thing things I've done to try to understand my place in both history and the universe.

But...

...I'll tell you what I didn't do and what I won't do. I didn't arm up and take over a visitor center in the middle of nowhere. I didn't make threatening calls to people who opposed my beliefs, nor have I torn down a fence, destroying property that wasn't mine all for the sake of my arcane political beliefs. And what I won't do is ever think that the Tree of Liberty needs to be watered with the blood of innocent men, women, and children.

But that's just me, radical that I am.

Just saying, there are other viewpoints about what happened to these ranchers. I don't understand how people will automatically assume all police officers are out to shoot all black people, yet can't fathom the idea that the federal government might be out for some land grabbing. Forget about the damn Bundy's and their guns. I'm talking about all the things that led up to this point. I'm going to keep an eye on this situation, and revisit it every few years. To see if there is going to be an "I told you so" moment, or "You told me so". I see NYC try to acquire as much land as they can up in the Catskills, around the reservoirs. They love taking your property from you, and just turn it into a patch of grass next to a river.

Back to the gun talk.

Some of these things I have no problem with, yet others, I find to be a little fishy. Kind of reminds me of the Patriot Act, and how they sneak some shit in that can interrupt our freedoms/privacies.

Actions 2, 3, 4, 16, and 17 scare me.

"Gun Violence Reduction Executive Actions:

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make itwidely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effectiveuse of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to developinnovative technologies.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health."

The privacy invasions, yes. I equate that to the same thing as The Patriot Act. Using terror/guns to force people to give up on their privacy. I wonder what the next Presidency will use. The numbers that I pointed out are problems, the others are OK to me. All null and void anyway. That was a 2013 article.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/24/hawaii-could-be-first-state-to-put-gun-owners-in-federal-database.html

Hawaii could become the first state in the United States to enter gun owners into an FBI database that will automatically notify police if an island resident is arrested anywhere else in the country.

Most people entered in the "Rap Back" database elsewhere in the U.S. are those in "positions of trust," such as school teachers and bus drivers, said Stephen Fischer of the FBI's Criminal Justice Information Services Division. Hawaii could be the first state to add gun owners.

"I don't like the idea of us being entered into a database. It basically tells us that they know where the guns are, they can go grab them" said Jerry Ilo, a firearm and hunting instructor for the state. "We get the feeling that Big Brother is watching us."

Supporters say the law would make Hawaii a leader in safe gun laws. Allison Anderman, a staff attorney at the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence, said the bill was "groundbreaking," and that she hadn't heard of other states introducing similar measures.

• 3 weeks later...

I see Hillary is again calling for an assault weapons ban.  Aside from the probability of that costing her the election (never mind that Trump has said the same), I really wish one of these journos would ask the both of them what an assault weapon is? 

I also wonder what the reaction would've been if this Orlando dick had been a white dude from a group like Covenant & Sword instead of a radicalized Afghani Muslim.  I don't think he attacked a vulnerable minority on accident, I'll say that much.   The types that like to complain about the "gay agenda" are probably feeling a little conflicted about now.  I guess that's our silver lining?  Maybe they'll say it was a false flag attack to make us sympathetic.  IDK how that sort of mind works.

Lastly, I'll call attention to the article I posted up-thread about the weapons used in the Paris attacks.  

Archived