Guns in America

MichaelWeston

55 minutes ago, Lucid said:

Apparently you haven't been reading any of my posts, perhaps past the first paragraph. The only time I mentioned banning by model names was when I said this:

The only reason I even mentioned the AR15 is as an example..

OK, so what are you suggesting to be banned?

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

No I mean you say something, someone responds, you cherry-pick what they say, and don't really respond back.

I didn't ask you what was covered. I asked you what you think. See the difference? I asked you that because

when I said something before about a weapon that's sole purpose is to kill as many people as possible shouldn't

be in the hands of citizens, you talked about "rights". Again, see the difference? It's not everyone's "right"

to own every weapon. It's not even some people's right to own any weapon.

You also posted pics of antique guns and talked about them like the gun that was just used in the deadliest 

mass shooting in our Nation's history. Since 2007, we have had the 7 of the deadliest mass shootings ever in America.

3 of THE deadliest. 160 people shot dead and 185 people injured. We've had people shot at schools, watching movies,

at work, at church and dancing at a club.  When the Constitution was written, one shot and the person could have been overcame

easily. Instead, you now how weapons where one person can over take a place filled with over 300 people and he can shoot

over a third of them. This isn't about paper targets, tin cans, swimming pools or antique weapons. This isn't about everyone 

having a right to such weapons. This isn't about a document written almost 250 years ago by straight white men that thought it

was OK to say "all men are created equal" and own slaves. It's about there being way too many guns, way too many weapons of war,

and way too many idiots that can easily obtain them. Because way too many politicians are bought and paid for and way too many

citizens are drinking the NRA's Kool-Aid. 

Less than 5% of the world's population has 50% of the world's guns. 

Shit needs to change. And it needs to change quickly. 

So you'll dismiss our Constitution, the fact that the vast majority of gun deaths are not due to semi-auto rifles, the fact that gun violence actually has continued to decrease, all the other inherently dangerous things people own for recreation that are never questioned, the countless ways we've decided personal safety is secondary to other factors (why are cigs legal?)..  Because feels.

Shit needs to change. And it needs to change quickly.

OK. Like what?

16 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

So you'll dismiss our Constitution, the fact that the vast majority of gun deaths are not due to semi-auto rifles, the fact that gun violence actually has continued to decrease, all the other inherently dangerous things people own for recreation that are never questioned, the countless ways we've decided personal safety is secondary to other factors (why are cigs legal?)..  Because feels.

OK. What?

This is a very long thread. My posts haven't just been about mass shootings. I have touched on all guns. 

Suicides, how gun deaths outnumber car deaths in some states, how just because you're born doesn't give you

the right to own a gun. How guns should be treated like cars. How people that use guns should be treated like 

people that operate cars. The "recreational" things you point out aren't being used to kill innocent random people.

The guns don't kill people, people kill people line is right. That's why people should be scrutinized more to keep

guns out of their hands. Guns outnumber people in this country. There is a problem here. Gun deaths being down

does not diminish that fact.

I'm not dismissing anything. But it wasn written after a war for independence, by people that were obviously fallible.

This country was built on guns. They used to have to be used for protection and for food. That is not the case anymore.

The constitution talks about militias for the security of free states. That was before we built the most powerful and expensive military ever.

And it also says the rights of people SHALL NOT be infringed upon. Yet you're OK with some people's rights being infringed upon

for the greater good. Well guess what? More has to be done for the greater good. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CincyInDC said:

Imagine this kid except with unfettered access to guns. I've already seen ammosexuals calling for axe control. Dip shits. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/18/about-20-people-injured-in-axe-attack-on-train-in-germany

I think that's such a terrible argument. I just say, "Why don't you hunt with an axe if you can kill just as many people? Or a truck or a bomb?"

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

This is why high-capacity magazines should remain legal:

DHCxt4aXUAEG8h0.jpg

I count at least 30.  You're looking at a literal torch-wielding angry mob of white supremacists that would gladly destroy many of my friends & family.  Don't get it twisted, I'm not making a threat -  I'm trying to defend myself against one.  

On 8/13/2017 at 3:02 PM, T-Dub said:

This is why high-capacity magazines should remain legal:

DHCxt4aXUAEG8h0.jpg

I count at least 30.  You're looking at a literal torch-wielding angry mob of white supremacists that would gladly destroy many of my friends & family.  Don't get it twisted, I'm not making a threat -  I'm trying to defend myself against one.  

I never thought you were black T-Dub. Idk why. That's cool, none of your posts led me to think otherwise. Just pictured you white. Why did I say this? Idk. Lol.

7 hours ago, schotzee said:

I never thought you were black T-Dub. Idk why. That's cool, none of your posts led me to think otherwise. Just pictured you white. Why did I say this? Idk. Lol.

Oh I am whiter than rice myself.   Fairly diverse mix of friends & family, however.  

< proud "race traitor"

• 1 month later...

My gun position in a nutshell.

We can not outlaw guns, but just a couple of very simple laws would make it much tougher for bad guys to get guns.  First, require training and a license to own a gun.  then require every gun to be registered to a specific owner.

these laws would not end mass shootings, but mass shootings are only a very small percentage of all gun deaths/injuries.  Making sure people are trained and then holding them responsible for the safety of their guns would make it much harder for every gangster wannabe to buy and posses a  gun.  And those are the people doing most of the shooting and killing.

21 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

NRA is saying they want bumpers to be regulated

they shouldnt exist, but at least thats a step in the right direction

And already outcry of people threatening to cancel their memberships... :lol:

Archived