Guns in America

MichaelWeston

3 hours ago, Cat said:

And already outcry of people threatening to cancel their memberships... :lol:

Shit if the NRA can take Colt/Ruger/etc's balls off their chin for half a second and stop being so damned racist & reactionary I might even considering joining.  Know quite a few others that feel the same way, including some former members. 

Shit if the NRA can take Colt/Ruger/etc's balls off their chin for half a second and stop being so damned racist & reactionary I might even considering joining.  Know quite a few others that feel the same way, including some former members. 

Didn't you join one of the local clubs ? http://www.middletownsportsmensclub.com

Local clubs are fun sometimes but other times are nothing more than an extension of the NRA.

On 10/9/2017 at 10:52 AM, Numbers said:

Didn't you join one of the local clubs ? http://www.middletownsportsmensclub.com

Local clubs are fun sometimes but other times are nothing more than an extension of the NRA.

Some require an NRA membership, Middletown doesn't but AFAIK that's who certifies RSO's outside active duty military or law enforcement & run hunter safety classes.  If they concentrated more on education than lobbying for corporate donors & reactionary propaganda...  They've let some really stupid and inadequate laws happen by refusing to engage yet continue to dump gas on an already-rabid fringe, it's irresponsible & I can't support it. 

• 3 months later...

What is it now, like 18 school shootings in 7 WEEKS so far this year?

One thing I wish more schools would do is basically be on complete lockdown during the school day. At my son's school they have to buzz me in and I have to give a valid reason to be there as they're looking at me on a security monitor from inside. And I'm a PARENT!

Good for you! 

I hope you are enjoying the new life

Thanks, Old. And on a personal note I'm thrilled to see you back. You completely disappeared from here and the rest of the internet and I was concerned you had experienced some sort of tragedy. Glad to see that you're OK.

3 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Of course he did ....

Yeah and they admitted to conducting "paramilitary drills" with him.  Yet somehow this is not a terrorist attack by a terrorist cell?

Now I'm even more curious as to who paid the $1500-2k for the rifle & "several mags" of ammo.

One last question, why do these "master race" dipshits always look like the family tree is missing a few branches?

6 hours ago, Elflocko said:

Thanks, Old. And on a personal note I'm thrilled to see you back. You completely disappeared from here and the rest of the internet and I was concerned you had experienced some sort of tragedy. Glad to see that you're OK.

Thanks Ed! 

I had some shit going on. Lost my email and twitter and just acted like I lived in the 90s 

before I ever knew what the internet was. 

All is well now though. Thanks again.

So do you plan on living in Prague for awhile?

I've seen "reports" that he was a white supremacist, an Antifa supporter, just a lone psycho...

WHO THE FUCK CARES?

Either way, something has to change.

I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment, but that doesn't mean that this shit should EVER be allowed to happen.

1. Fuck the NRA and anyone who supports them

2. Aberrant mental health records need to be shared immediately and nationally

3. Military should be COMMANDED to send all offenses to national reporting network, so that outside sources are aware

4. Make background checks mean something... ENFORCE THIS SHIT

5. Anyone selling firearms have to pass a clearance check like I did when I had to get a TS in the military (VERY effective for those that don't know)

5. Anyone who wants to own or carry weapons (I am one of those) should be REQUIRED to show proficiency in use (at least every other year), mental stability, and demonstrate the absolute ability to be able to keep them secure

6. NATION COMMON SENSE GUN LAWS should be enacted

7. ALL SCHOOLS MUST HAVE ARMED GUARDS AND METAL DETECTORS

Don't disarm America, just make damn sure that those who do have weapons are responsible and sane.

My $.02...

My NRA membership expired a couple of weeks ago. I just renewed for 5 more years.

Shall not be infringed,

Molon Labe.

And fuck anyone who blames the NRA for shit like this.

I won't debate this, it's not up for debate to me. Everyone has chosen their side. I seldom even read anything here anyway, so if you want to respond you'll be talking to each other, not me.

See ya.

Seventeen children
and what will we do?
We allowed this to happen,
we'll allow the next too.

"But What can be Done?!"
cries a grief-weary nation
"The NRA blocks any
gun legislation!"

Maybe... don't let them?
That too much to ask?
Hold them to account?
Are we up to that task?

But no. We cry empty tears
and say "Hopes and Prayers"
and it's through our inaction
we prove no one cares.

It's enough to be sad.
Far too much to act.
Probably best to ignore it
completely, in fact.

And so... a toast. To the next one.
Hell, to the next ten.
To each shooting to come
once again and again.

So it is decided.
So the NRA demands.
So I'll "Hope" and I'll "Pray"
for their cold... dead... hands.

Image result for nra blood meme

22 hours ago, USN Bengal said:

I've seen "reports" that he was a white supremacist, an Antifa supporter, just a lone psycho...

WHO THE FUCK CARES?

I certainly do; there's a gross disparity in how we treat these white supremacist militias despite the fact that they are incubators for angry ignorant little shits like this guy or Dylann Roof & so many others.  If they were preaching jihad and killing infidels we would be shutting them down, but since they're white, call themselves "patriots" & preach killing minorities they are allowed to go on doing their thing.  It's disgusting & there is no excuse for it.

1. Fuck the NRA and anyone who supports them

The NRA has gone to shit in the last 10-20 years & is now maybe 2 steps away from the racist white trash militias, but at one time they were a much less rabid, reactionary organization.  Even now, you're talking about gun safety training & certification: who do you think offers these things? If you've ever taken a gun or hunter safety class the instructor was almost certainly NRA certified.  They once served a purpose greater than lobbying for gun makers.

4. Make background checks mean something... ENFORCE THIS SHIT

That goes to my first point; who do you think tends to stockpile all this military hardware?  The bad publicity from Ruby Ridge & Waco basically ended enforcement for the ATFE - unless the perps can somehow be tied to Islamic terrorists or drug cartels.   If you're a white supremacist, though, it's hands-off.

6. NATION COMMON SENSE GUN LAWS should be enacted

Really hate this "common sense" stuff.  What does that actually mean?  It's a nebulous term meant to squash debate.  It doesn't offer anything specific enough to discuss, but if you question it then that implies you lack "common sense." It's cheap rhetoric that accomplishes nothing but a circle-jerk of assumed superiority.  What specific gun laws should be enacted?

T-Dub... I don’t pretend to have the answers, but as long as ALL THE POLITICIANS eat out of the NRAs hands, this is all a moot point.

Instead of EVERYONE calmly getting together and attempting to truly address the problem in a COMMON SENSE manner... you see the bullshit start “he’s Antifa, he’s a white supremacist, he’s an alien”!!!!!!

It doesn’t fucking matter what ANY killer is... we have to stop it.

As far as the “hands off if you’re a white supremacist”, I would like to ask you this about our leaders;

Since the inception of the KNOWN hate group, the KKK, why has NO President called them a terrorist organization?

Not a damned one... fucking DHS has labeled BLM and Antifa as domestic terrorist organizations... but NOT the KKK?

WTF?

If you don’t think that the politicians LOVE all this chaos, you’re fooling yourself. Soros, Koch brothers, and the rest of the puppet masters have set this up with their political figureheads.

Go ahead and believe that I’m a “crazy conspiracy theorist”, but there isn’t anything else that makes sense to me.

If you want to go by statistics, it’s supposedly white male liberal democrats with mental health issues that commit most mass shootings.

We really don’t know the truth about their political leanings, because “facts” are made up by EVERY “news” organization that exists, and mental health reporting is “violating people’s privacy”... catch 22.

People were railing on Trump for repealing Obama’s attempt to have 75,000 senior citizens not allowed to have guns because they couldn’t manage their financial affairs. That law was a joke, Obama was a joke, and Trumpnis currently a joke.

So people can say that it’s one party or the others fault... but let’s look at reality, shall we?

The strictest guns laws have not worked in the big cities and states they have been enacted. Why is this?

These are democratically controlled cities and states... so neither party is making ANYTHING work against gun violence.

I have been mugged twice, and there was a home invasion with fatalities a quarter of a mile away from where I live 6 months ago (thank you opioid epidemic). I feel that I have the right to defend myself and family from any of that happening again, so I have my concealed carry. I have been trained in small arms for the past 35 years, having to show proficiency EVERY YEAR.

I live in the boonies of Virginia, not in a city... so those that love to say shit like “move if you aren’t safe”... I say fuck off. There is NOWHERE safe anymore... unless you’re a politician or a 1%er who has armed security.

Now, that being said, I grew up poor as hell and if we wanted to eat meat... we shot it. I’ve been heavy my whole life, so not only were we good hunters, we only needed shotguns.

There is no need for an AR-15, a bump stock, or any other weapon besides a shotgun for hunting. Now shooting at ranges, that’s a different story.

I like to shoot, so I go to ranges to shoot the rifles I do own. I’m not a threat to anyone, so why should my guns be taken away?

I don’t NEED the M1 Garand and Carbine I own, but they were my grandfathers from WW2. I have been shooting them for over 40 years, haven’t killed anyone yet... so why should I even think about giving up any weapon I own?

That being said... if I knew that me giving up my rifles could save one life, I’d do it in a heartbeat.

The mentally ill and criminal element will not give a rats ass about ANY law, and if they want to kill they will find a way.

So when I say “common sense” gun laws, I mean NOT disarming America like some want to do. I also mean doing SMART things like armed guards and metal detectors at ALL schools.

Schools have been made soft targets by the completely asinine “gun free zones” that the dumbfucks enacted. I mean seriously... our children are sent somewhere where criminals and psychos KNOW  there are no threats to them. How fucking ignorant is that?

Since there is no utopia, I should be able to exercise my second amendment rights to defend myself and my family against criminals AND the possibility of a tyrannical government.

Get rid of AR-15s, large capacity magazines, and other “assault style weapons “...but don’t take away my defenses.

I’m sorry that you feel “common sense” is a nebulous term meant to quash debate, but I feel you ASSUMING that is what I meant is the bigger threat to any debate, and a microcosm of where we are as a nation.

Everyone assumes I am an NRA supporter because I carry a weapon... been called a Nazi, deplorable, misogynist, homophobe, and a racist... BECAUSE I CARRY A GUN!

I have also been called a tree hugging liberal commie because I don’t support the NRA, believe gay people should have the same rights as heterosexuals, and that racism is a systemic and socioeconomic problem that he’s been passed down from generation to generation and accepted by most because “it’s too hard to stand up against the lemmings “.

People don’t even TRY to debate, they just go on assumptions given to them by the group mindfuck that currently rules our country.

I’m done rambling... I need a drink, some aleve, and about 36 hours of sleep.

Archived