Guns in America

MichaelWeston

To be honest guys... the over the top meme laden, every 15 minutes a new sarcastic laden post, attacking everything that doesn't agree with your viewpoint is a massive turn off.

.. and I agree with 99% of the posts.

If we had more/new people coming through, I could understand it.

Just my $.02

12 hours ago, USN Bengal said:

To be honest guys... the over the top meme laden, every 15 minutes a new sarcastic laden post, attacking everything that doesn't agree with your viewpoint is a massive turn off.

.. and I agree with 99% of the posts.

If we had more/new people coming through, I could understand it.

Just my $.02

I'm not trying to turn anyone here on.

If we had more people coming here and trying to actually have a conversation,

then I wouldn't have time to post shit I run across. I'm actually looking for Bengals news and post stuff here 

or other topics that has relevance. 

I don't feel I am spamming anything. I am posting news, comments, tweets, articles and memes that relate

to the topic and my stances on the topic. I am adding to the forum. If I didn't post like I do,

there would be pretty much a dead thread here. So I really don't see a problem. If someone

else was posting stuff I would respond to it. 

Plus I am not attacking anyone. I am attacking a stance and/or ideal.

Since some have a problem with me adding more than just my thoughts to this thread.

Here goes ...

I hate when someone says "Laws won't stop this". Since when did we create laws to completely

stop anything? Why is that the standard to some people when it comes to guns? Why is it

an all or nothing with them? 

I have no problem with people having guns. I have a problem with how easy idiots can get guns.

No law ends what ever you are making that law for. Murder has been illegal forever. Laws are put in

to place to reduce the negative impact something has on our society. Just like speed limits, seat belts

and DUIs didn't end all deaths from cars, but they were put in to place for the greater good of society.

It greatly reduces deaths and the negative impact felt by us all. Watching kids get gunned down at school,

people shot at concerts, at the movies, at churches and clubs is not OK. Doing nothing is not acceptable.

The United States has 4.4% of the World's population and has over 48% of the World's guns.

These mass shootings are a uniquely American problem. If more guns were the answer, then by just factoring

in the number of guns in this country, we should already be the safest place on Earth. If you make the schools

like compound or prisons, churches would be the next frequent targets. Make churches like compounds or prisons,

then hospitals would be the next targets. Make those like compounds or prisons, other soft targets would be next.

Instead of making everywhere you go like a prison, how about we look at the problem of how easily obtained weapons

of war are? Because making everywhere we go like a prison doesn't sound much like the land of the free to me.

As far as arming teachers, that's a horrible idea. They're educators, not policemen. There have been studies where

trained professional police officers, who go to gun ranges on a consistent basis, when put under stressful situations

only hit 18% of their targets. That means 8 out of every 10 bullets don't hit their target. That means they would likely

hit an innocent person they are trying to protect. An AR-15 bullet travels over 2,000 mph (2,800 feet per second).

When you factor in the fact they can have magazines that hold 30 bullets or more, more bullets flying through the air are

just going to cause more carnage. A cop froze during this last shooting, he did nothing. But teachers are going to

be the answer? Arming them makes it all better? It's an NRA stance to sell more guns. Because in case you haven't

noticed, that is their stance on everything. The "Trump Slump" has resulted in a $100 million gun sales dip since last year.

Arming 40% of American teachers would generate over $1 billion for the gun industry. Fuck the NRA.

I'll add more when I have a moment.

4 minutes ago, USN Bengal said:

Old... I don't have a problem with you posting anything you want to. Continue to do it as long as you want, I was simply stating my opinion.

We all know they're like assholes...

T-Dub said something similar about me posting too much in this thread.

Like I said to him, it's huge news right now and there are a lot of comments, articles

and views that I share. So I was sharing them. It is slow at work for me right now

so I was passing time. Work will start picking up for me next week. So this thread

and topic will more than likely fade away. Just like mass shooting news almost always does.

13 hours ago, T-Dub said:

So you understand my opposition to an "assault weapons" ban.  

Not really. While all guns can be considered assault weapons.

There are some guns on the market that are pretty similar to 

weapons we give our soldiers to use in war. And should not be

in the hands of civilians. 

Semi-automatic rifles that have have detachable high capacity magazines,

pistol grips, flash suppressors and barrel shrouds could and should be banned.

And any add-on that makes a semi-automatic and automatic should be banned.

Archived