Guns in America

MichaelWeston

16 minutes ago, USN Bengal said:

I live in reality old, not in the utopia you seek.

Your ideas, although noble, leave our kids exactly where they were starting with Sandy Hook... unprotected victims waiting to happen.

Where you see an “opportunity to sell guns” I see kids being alive that are now dead.

I’ve expressed to you before that I AGREE with you on many of your points... but your points DO NOTHING TO HELP NOW do they?

I live in reality too. The rest of the world does something. Why can't we?

Because our politicians are bought by the NRA?

I just don't think turning every place in America in to gun zones is the answer.

Just now, USN Bengal said:

We aren’t other countries are we, and they have no fucking bearing on the safety of our kids TODAY do they?

Deal with the REALITY that we live with TODAY vice the idyllic future you desire.

For Gods sake, what is wrong with all of you?

I hope that our kids can live in a world where there isn’t the evil we have today.

The reality is that we need to protect our kids now, and although it would be awesome to get all those scary looking guns off the streets tomorrow, we all know it’s not going to happen.

So while you all spout your cute little phrases, talk about other countries, and pat each other on the back that you’re “saying what ought to be”

THE KIDS ARE STILL UNSAFE..

That is our reality but you don’t WANT to protect them by installing metal detectors and having trained professionals guard them.

That puts any future blood of our innocent kids on YOUR hands as well. Because YOU wouldn’t protect them from the evil that exists.

Evil doesnt just exist in the the US, but in other countries as well. Yet they seem to not have the Gun Violence problem that we do.  Wonder if they didn't want to protect their kids either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

I just don't think turning every place in America in to gun zones is the answer.

Our politicians are bought by the NRA and Segments of our society refuse to acknowledge guns are even 0.00000001% of the problem.

1 minute ago, oldschooler said:

Old, we shouldn’t, I agree. There shouldn’t be anywhere NEAR the amount of guns owned by private citizens that we currently have. It shouldn’t be easy at all to buy a weapon.

You’re completely correct, our politicians are owned by the NRA and others... that’s why the BEST way to deal with guns won’t happen for a while.

Reality says that our kids are going to be under attack at some schools in America again befor they year is out. What can we now do so that not ONE more kid has to die?

2 minutes ago, CincyInDC said:

So what IS the answer that keeps all our kids alive until gun laws are changed, enforced, and off the streets?

I’ll wait for an answer... hopefully something constructive rather r than the smartass shit posted most recently.

4 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Evil doesnt just exist in the the US, but in other countries as well. Yet they seem to not have the Gun Violence problem that we do.  Wonder if they didn't want to protect their kids either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Doesn’t deal with OUR problem does it Jamie?

THEY don’t have the NRA...

So... same question to you...

what do do we do NOW to ensure not one more kid dies in a school shooting while we are air for the NRA politicians to tell us that they will NOT change the gun laws?

Real things Jamie, what makes our kids safe NOW... not next month, next president, next term... now.

1 minute ago, USN Bengal said:

Doesn’t deal with OUR problem does it Jamie?

THEY don’t have the NRA...

So... same question to you...

what do do we do NOW to ensure not one more kid dies in a school shooting while we are air for the NRA politicians to tell us that they will NOT change the gun laws?

Real things Jamie, what makes our kids safe NOW... not next month, next president, next term... now.

You dont solve this problem that quickly. If there was a solution to this that was that quick it would have already been done.

Also why is looking to what other countries have done to solve this problem a bad thing?

Because we won’t do it like other countries unfortunately. Australia set the bar, but we haven’t even considered matching it.

We CAN effect safety and do it by next week... federal government pay for metal detectors and empower police or military to safeguard our kids.

Old is right... I don’t want the kids to grow up in an environment like that, but what’s the alternative?

How many kids RIGHT now are saying “Not only did you adults NOT make gun laws that keep us safe, but you didn’t do ANYTHING to make us safer.”

My daughter says that to me, she just turned 20... Columbine happened in 1999 when she was 2, Sandy Hook happened when she was 15.

7 hours ago, USN Bengal said:

You’re just a fucking cock behind a keyboard.

What have YOU done mouthpiece? Show us YOUR action, YOUR community involvement, YOUR betterment of this nation...

Protests are great, and hopefully WILL make a difference in the future... doesn’t make the kids safer NOW does it?

I take part in my community you fucking asshat, I’m involved with the schools, town and county associations, and CARE about the safety of our kids NOW and in the future.

What the fuck do you do besides hide behind your keyboard acting like a dick?

Old, Jamie, CincyinDC will at least talk and put their ideas, likes, dislikes, and thoughts out there. You just like to attack, even when you have no fucking idea what you’re talking about.

I donate my time & money where I can, beyond that's it's really none of your business.  I'm not the one on here denigrating kids for protesting & constantly reminding everyone about how everything sucks anyway so why bother. 

"Oh that's terrible but whatabout, whatabout, whatabout.."  "OMG both siiiiiiiides!"

There's 30 pages of thoughts & ideas here, mine included, in detail.  You're choosing to ignore that because you're all fuckin' triggered & tossing out insults.  Get a grip.

14 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Not starting another thread, but there are now 5 bombs either having been found or gone off.....it was 4 as of this morning .... they found another one in San Antonio (the 2nd found there) .... they are suggesting all the bombs have been in Austin or in packages addressed to Austin..... and all have been targeting prominent black families.

He got caught overnight:

http://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/austin-bombing-suspect-is-dead-sources-tell-kvue/269-530544047

APD said early Wednesday morning it was working an officer-involved shooting in the 1700 block of N. Interstate 35.

APD is working an Officer Involved Shooting in the 1700 block of N. IH-35. Media staging area will be at the Sherwin Williams Paint, 3321 N. IH-35. APD PIO will be en-route.

— Austin Police Dept (@Austin_Police) March 21, 2018

According to KVUE's Kris Betts, APD and the FBI were arresting the suspect in the Austin bombings. Betts also stated the suspect detonated a device and shots were fired.

BREAKING: APD, FBI arresting suspect in Austin bombing. Suspect donated device, shots were fired. #AustinBomber #austinPD

— Kris Betts (@KrisB_KVUE) March 21, 2018

Sources tell KVUE's Tony Plohetski the suspect is dead.

6 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I donate my time & money where I can, beyond that's it's really none of your business.  I'm not the one on here denigrating kids for protesting & constantly reminding everyone about how everything sucks anyway so why bother. 

"Oh that's terrible but whatabout, whatabout, whatabout.."  "OMG both siiiiiiiides!"

There's 30 pages of thoughts & ideas here, mine included, in detail.  You're choosing to ignore that because you're all fuckin' triggered & tossing out insults.  Get a grip.

That's where you are fucked up, no one denigrated kids for protesting, I pointed out that protesting ISN'T going to keep them any safer now.

Assholes are the only thing that trigger me, and it sounds like the keyboard warrior that you are only let's you "donate time and money where I can".

What the fuck ever... it's also easy to tell that you're a fucking lemming with no brain who doesn't have the intelligence to see that both sides ARE fucked and have been forever.

Ignorance like that is rampant in this country, even those that mean well think that everything will be solved if they get rid of Trump.

It won't...

Go hunt your windmills Don Quixote, and when if you finally defeat one you'll find there are thousands more where that first one was.

Here's something I posted in 2012 with a few new ideas

Step 1: define "responsible gun ownership." To have a gun license you must:

• attend serious safety/training courses
  • score adequately on a difficult written test (law, safe gun handling, first aid)
  • score adequately on a difficult practical test (weapon proficiency, safe gun handling, first aid)
  • these difficult tests must be impossible to pass without substantial preparation
  • psych evaluation says ok
  • pay fees
  • re-test every five years
  • senility or inability to control your weapons loses you your license
  • no license? no gun. you may sell it to a licensed individual or the feds will buy it back with money from step 2

Step 2: tax the crap out of new guns, bullets, and bullet-making materials; use the money for a buyback-program

Step 3: re-fund basic gun research (not ballistics research)

Step 4: all guns must be insured

Step 5: failing to responsibly own your gun makes you a liable accomplice if your weapon is used in a crime or simply liable if discharged accidentally. I don't care if it was stolen; you need to be responsible with this shit. Get a safe; get bars on your windows; it's your responsibility to ensure your guns don't get used for crime.

Step 6: using a loaded or unloaded firearm to commit a crime gets you some ridiculous minimum sentence...I dunno, 20 or 30 years.  Using an unlicensed gun to commit a crime adds a LOT to the sentence.

Step 7: make room in the prisons by releasing minor drug offenders

Step 8: pimpslap anyone who says "criminals simply won't follow these rules." Criminals don't follow the law by definition, idiot. Just because some assholes drive without a license, should we eliminate the driving license requirement? FUCK NO.

None of this can happen at the federal level nor at the state level without a constitutional amendment, though. So don't worry, gun lovers.

I really don't have a problem with this Cincy (except the tax part, but I understand that)... to take it one step further, what do we do about the umpteen gazillion guns out there unlawfully?

That is one of the biggest problems that I see... I would (and do) most of what is on that list already, but that still leaves the criminals (mostly untrained) with weapons.

We damn sure know they won't give up their guns, and that is a major problem. Australia didn't have anywhere near the guns we do (no one does), so we can't follow that program exactly of course.

Good start though, the less idiots who have weapons, the better off we would be. 

12 hours ago, USN Bengal said:

That's where you are fucked up, no one denigrated kids for protesting, I pointed out that protesting ISN'T going to keep them any safer now.

Assholes are the only thing that trigger me, and it sounds like the keyboard warrior that you are only let's you "donate time and money where I can".

What the fuck ever... it's also easy to tell that you're a fucking lemming with no brain who doesn't have the intelligence to see that both sides ARE fucked and have been forever.

Ignorance like that is rampant in this country, even those that mean well think that everything will be solved if they get rid of Trump.

It won't...

Go hunt your windmills Don Quixote, and when if you finally defeat one you'll find there are thousands more where that first one was.

More name-calling & insults?

:37:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article206288209.html

When Marjory Stoneman Douglas High students return from spring break the first week of April, they will only be allowed to use a clear backpack that will be provided to them.

Students will also be required to wear identification badges at all times and could soon see metal detectors installed in the Parkland school, the site of a mass shooting last month that killed 17 students and educators.

At least one Douglas student, 17-year-old Vincent Valdez, said he’d rather see the district eliminate backpacks altogether and invest in tablets for the students.

“I don’t think I will feel any safer because we have clear backpacks or metal detectors,” said Vincent, who said he was shocked to learn about the knife incidents. “You can make up as many rules as possible, but what we need more of is enforcement.”

Archived