Guns in America

MichaelWeston

On 3/4/2019 at 4:09 PM, T-Dub said:

3zv51smv4cn01.jpg

I expect more than intellectual laziness from you. 

Who is advocating for less automobile regulation?  I mean besides AAA and Detroit. 

Cars kill people so we ought not to regulate firearms?  OK, pal.

On 3/5/2019 at 6:31 PM, CincyInDC said:

I expect more than intellectual laziness from you. 

Who is advocating for less automobile regulation?  I mean besides AAA and Detroit. 

Cars kill people so we ought not to regulate firearms?  OK, pal.

Maybe the point is gun regulation should be more like car regulation?  Or maybe the point is that regulations don't stop people from dying. 

On 3/7/2019 at 6:22 AM, T-Dub said:

Maybe the point is gun regulation should be more like car regulation?  Or maybe the point is that regulations don't stop people from dying. 

I totally agree about regulating like a car.

And just like with cars, no regulation ends all deaths.

But could you imagine how many there would be without the regulations in place?

10 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Damn, women rarely shoot themselves in suicides.  IDK why that is but it almost always seems to be pills or the wrists.  This girl wanted to make some kind of statement, really makes me wonder what was going on at that school & whether that is being investigated.

How do you read a headline like that and come away thinking the gun is the important part? 

On 3/14/2019 at 5:51 AM, T-Dub said:

How do you read a headline like that and come away thinking the gun is the important part? 

How do you not?

All of the school shootings and the girl is able to bring one to school. But instead of a mass shooting

she commits suicide. I don't know why Pro-Gun people act like gun suicides don't matter or count.

7 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

How do you not?

All of the school shootings and the girl is able to bring one to school. But instead of a mass shooting

she commits suicide. I don't know why Pro-Gun people act like gun suicides don't matter or count.

I don't see it as a "gun suicide" so much as a plain old suicide.  Nothing changes for me if she'd OD'd on pills or whatever.  The means aren't nearly as important to me as the cause, which unfortunately seems to be overshadowed because she did use a gun.

Archived