Guns in America

MichaelWeston

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

So 55%, slightly more than half, according to a single poll from Reuters.  That's hardly conclusive, and not exactly an overwhelming majority.

Regardless, "the American people" still includes the other 45% .  Pretending like they don't exist is probably not a good way to win them over.

Don't move the ball. You said "The fact is there are just as many American people who are opposed to ANY kind of gun legislation."

I show you something that says "69%" and another that says "6 in 10".

Then you pick the lowest number you see and act like I'm acting like those people don't exist.

None of what you are saying is reality. 

12 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Don't move the ball. You said "The fact is there are just as many American people who are opposed to ANY kind of gun legislation."

I show you something that says "69%" and another that says "6 in 10".

Then you pick the lowest number you see and act like I'm acting like those people don't exist.

None of what you are saying is reality. 

Yeah ok,  "The American People" want this to happen but those darn politicians just won't do it.  All those people that don't want it are not Americans, QED.

You're quoting a single poll from Reuters btw.  They never called me so I'm gonna say this poll doesn't represent all Americans.

Also America is a set of Continents.  Did they query Belize?  :ninja:

My point stands.  Americans are clearly divided on this issue.  Pretending the opposition doesn't exist isn't going to help.

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

I saw that, PTSD is terrible in how in how it seems to haunt people & just kind of take over at any point no matter what they do.   IDK what kind of aid etc was made available to the victims but I would hope she is counted among them in whatever legal sense would make that available to the family. 

23 hours ago, kennethmw said:

You're a Good dead horse beater.

More like beating dead kids.

I thought you only got on people that said bad things about the Bengals.

Anyone that thinks the gun laws in this country are ok is just delusional.  

1 hour ago, fluhartz said:

Agreed, Wholeheartedly!  

19 hours ago, fluhartz said:

Anyone who thinks I said that would definitely be delusional, or more accurately beating a strawman of their own creation.

Have at it!

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Is "Law abiding" better?

Doubtful, most places require a gun in a vehicle to be unloaded and/or secured out of reach.  Beyond that a "reckless endangering" charge or involuntary manslaughter, depending. Probably a visit from CPS in their future, too.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Doubtful, most places require a gun in a vehicle to be unloaded and/or secured out of reach.  Beyond that a "reckless endangering" charge or involuntary manslaughter, depending. Probably a visit from CPS in their future, too.

OK. I'll just call him a member of our "well regulated militia"

Archived