Guns in America

MichaelWeston

39 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Because anyone with a brand of gun you don't like is "Billy-Bob" and "Jimmy-Jack".  Then you wonder why gun owners don't trust your "Common Sense" gun reforms?

Talk about a strawman.

You said Jebediah. I came back with those names. What's the difference?

And just so we're perfectly clear, I don't like any brand of gun at all.

I think they're all equally stupid. But in an effort to go away from my own

feelings and reach more towards the other side, I concede that some people

are alright owning guns.

39 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

So when you move the goalposts to include AR-15 "style" rifles, which is apparently any semi-auto rifle, you've got a dozen incidents.  How many shootings do you think have been committed in that same time period with handguns? Shotguns? How many fatal stabbings?

Is an AK-47 an "AR-15 style" rifle, or does it get a pass because it has a wood stock?

Anyway... You're obviously not interested.  I'm done here,  carry on with your ill-informed meme reposts if it makes you feel better.

An AK-47 and other style of weapons of war should not be in the hands of civilians. 

The focus at the moment is on mass shootings. But  I would be more than happy to see sweeping

legislation that makes all guns harder to obtain. I would love to see people forced to take tests annually,

have mental evaluations annually, have all guns be registered and sold like vehicles, have people have 

references that they're worthy of owning a gun, higher taxes on guns and ammo. Way less influence

of our politicians from the gun lobby. And a host of other things. But people like me can't get the 

other side to even acknowledge a gun problem and want society to adjust and act like the problem

is not enough security and more guns.

And why do you  keep talking about meme posts? The majority of shit I am posting

is tweets that are embedded. Click on them and read the articles. Geez-us fucking christ.

Any ban on research is fucking caveman shit.  Anti-fact, anti-science, anti-education & so on, not sure where that trend came from, I'd guess the religious right, but it's a doomed way of thinking.  I'd like to know how many of those 35k gun-related deaths are suicides vs homicides, & the demographics of those suicide victims.  How many are recent veterans, in particular.

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

Why in duh-Fuck are they hash tagging the Oscars?

But really,  it's like they're declaring war on other Americans.

Like they sit around and masturbate thinking about it.

And people support this shit?

Image result for whoa we got a badass over here

18 hours ago, oldschooler said:

If an NRA member shoots a celebrity their family should now be able to sue that organization into the dirt...  Silver linings?

Disarm those nuts,  the 3%'er wackadoos & other militias, then we can talk about a ban.  Anything with a grandfather clause is bullshit AFAIC.  Leaving those types as the only people so armed is not an option.

3-4-5-789-0112-341516-1718-20-26-12223-2

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/20-year-old-sues-dick-s-walmart-over-new-gun-n853876

Tyler Watson's lawsuits filed against the retailers in two separate counties claim he faced age discrimination from Dick's and Walmart, The Oregonian/OregonLive reported. The lawsuit is believed to be the first filed over the new gun policies enacted on Feb. 28.

The lawsuit claims a store owned by Dick's Sporting Goods in Medford, Oregon, refused to sell Watson .22-caliber Ruger rifle on Feb. 24. The suit says Grants Pass Walmart in Oregon refused to sell him a gun on March 3.

It's not clear if Watson knew at that point of the restrictions.

"He was really just trying to buy a rifle," said his attorney Max Whittington.

Watson is asking judges to force Dick's and Walmart "to stop unlawfully discriminating against 18, 19, and 20 year-old customers at all Oregon locations." Additionally, he is asking for unspecified punitive damages.

Walmart spokesman Randy Hargrove said the retailer plans to defend the new policy.

"We stand behind our decision and plan to defend it," he said. "While we haven't seen the complaint, we will respond as appropriate with the court."

A representative from Dick's hasn't responded to a request for comment. 

On 3/4/2018 at 6:27 PM, oldschooler said:

I bet she loves it doggy style. She's kinda hot in a Detective Benson sort of way.

Also note the western themed / Longmire guitar in the background. Whoa, she means business!

And how DARE these people use free speech to change things! What exactly DOES the flag represent? Keeping the Messcans on their side of the line? The colord's on their side of the tracks? What exactly are 'our' values? 

11 hours ago, Go Skins said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/20-year-old-sues-dick-s-walmart-over-new-gun-n853876

Tyler Watson's lawsuits filed against the retailers in two separate counties claim he faced age discrimination from Dick's and Walmart, The Oregonian/OregonLive reported. The lawsuit is believed to be the first filed over the new gun policies enacted on Feb. 28.

The lawsuit claims a store owned by Dick's Sporting Goods in Medford, Oregon, refused to sell Watson .22-caliber Ruger rifle on Feb. 24. The suit says Grants Pass Walmart in Oregon refused to sell him a gun on March 3.

It's not clear if Watson knew at that point of the restrictions.

"He was really just trying to buy a rifle," said his attorney Max Whittington.

Watson is asking judges to force Dick's and Walmart "to stop unlawfully discriminating against 18, 19, and 20 year-old customers at all Oregon locations." Additionally, he is asking for unspecified punitive damages.

Walmart spokesman Randy Hargrove said the retailer plans to defend the new policy.

"We stand behind our decision and plan to defend it," he said. "While we haven't seen the complaint, we will respond as appropriate with the court."

A representative from Dick's hasn't responded to a request for comment. 

This should be interesting, case if Dick's has the right to enact a policy like this that goes against the right of the teenager to buy a weapon. (This is why Congress needs to step in and raise the age limit imo...good luck with that)

So... that same 18 year old who would not be allowed to buy a weapon or drink a beer...

Should they just refuse to register with the selective service? I sure as fuck wouldn’t sign up to put MY ass on the line for a country that wants you to use that weapon... but only when you have the uniform on.

If they are going into the service, they’ll not only be trusted with a weapon, but expected to sacrifice their life for the ones who took their civilian rights away.

Doesn't make sense to me... that same kid might be married and have have a child too. As soon as they step off base they can’t own a weapon to defend themselves or their family.

This is acceptable to you all?

Sure as fuck isn’t to me...

The bill that was introduced also takes away more than just those scary A-15s... they are going after my handguns as well. 

”They’re not trying to take away all your weapons”, “that’s not what this is about”.

Fucking lies as usual, supported by sheep.

18 hours ago, USN Bengal said:

So... that same 18 year old who would not be allowed to buy a weapon or drink a beer...

Should they just refuse to register with the selective service? I sure as fuck wouldn’t sign up to put MY ass on the line for a country that wants you to use that weapon... but only when you have the uniform on.

If they are going into the service, they’ll not only be trusted with a weapon, but expected to sacrifice their life for the ones who took their civilian rights away.

Doesn't make sense to me... that same kid might be married and have have a child too. As soon as they step off base they can’t own a weapon to defend themselves or their family.

This is acceptable to you all?

Sure as fuck isn’t to me...

The bill that was introduced also takes away more than just those scary A-15s... they are going after my handguns as well. 

”They’re not trying to take away all your weapons”, “that’s not what this is about”.

Fucking lies as usual, supported by sheep.

The difference between him being in the military and being a civilian is he would be trained to use the weapon.

Being a civilian, all he would have to do is have the money.

And he already can't drink a beer legally. 

Plus the sheep comment is completely uncalled for. 

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

The difference between him being in the military and being a civilian is he would be trained to use the weapon.

Being a civilian, all he would have to do is have the money.

And he already can't drink a beer legally. 

Plus the sheep comment is completely uncalled for. 

I calls it like I see's it old... although there was no intent to insult the present company, I have seen too many sheep following this fucking shithole government blindly for decades.

If an 18 year old is old enough to die for their country, then they're old enough to drink a fucking beer.

Another way to make the point that it's SHEEP and ignorance not WANTING to have common sense gun laws OR conversations...

the current proposed bill exempts the Ruger Mini 14 weapon... why?

It has the same firepower and capability as the AR-15... but has a wooden stock..., so I guess it's not so scary huh? I guess it doesn't LOOK like an "assault weapon"...

I know 18 year olds who are already trained to use a weapon responsibly.. hell I know kids 12 - 14 that are as well. I was at that age, because I was TAUGHT to not be terrified of weapons, how to use them, and because I killed animals so that we could EAT... I knew exactly what they were used for.

Can't tell that to someone who wants to take away all weapons though...

So... what about the fact that they DO want to take away all the weapons I own for self defense qnd home protection?

What do you have to say about that? Is this approved by you?

9 minutes ago, USN Bengal said:

I calls it like I see's it old... although there was no intent to insult the present company, I have seen too many sheep following this fucking shithole government blindly for decades.

If an 18 year old is old enough to die for their country, then they're old enough to drink a fucking beer.

Another way to make the point that it's SHEEP and ignorance not WANTING to have common sense gun laws OR conversations...

the current proposed bill exempts the Ruger Mini 14 weapon... why?

It has the same firepower and capability as the AR-15... but has a wooden stock..., so I guess it's not so scary huh? I guess it doesn't LOOK like an "assault weapon"...

I know 18 year olds who are already trained to use a weapon responsibly.. hell I know kids 12 - 14 that are as well. I was at that age, because I was TAUGHT to not be terrified of weapons, how to use them, and because I killed animals so that we could EAT... I knew exactly what they were used for.

Can't tell that to someone who wants to take away all weapons though...

So... what about the fact that they DO want to take away all the weapons I own for self defense qnd home protection?

What do you have to say about that? Is this approved by you?

In a perfect world, all guns would be in the hands of police and soldiers.

Actually, if it was a perfect world, then there would be no need for those guys.

But no. I am not for taking away all guns.

I do think guns should be much harder to obtain than they currently are.

I think there should be a minimum age, even hunting. 

I could go on and on about what I would love to be see be done. 

But I think civilians owning their own nukes will happen before what I want.

36 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

In a perfect world, all guns would be in the hands of police and soldiers.

Actually, if it was a perfect world, then there would be no need for those guys.

But no. I am not for taking away all guns.

I do think guns should be much harder to obtain than they currently are.

I think there should be a minimum age, even hunting. 

I could go on and on about what I would love to be see be done. 

But I think civilians owning their own nukes will happen before what I want.

I see your point good sir, and will agree to disagree with you on some points, agree with you on some, and never agree with you on others.

In other words... business as usual...LOL!

This act is WHY a lot of the gun nutz say "They ARE coming for all our weapons", because the bill would actually take everything I own except 1 shotgun...

12 hours ago, USN Bengal said:

I see your point good sir, and will agree to disagree with you on some points, agree with you on some, and never agree with you on others.

In other words... business as usual...LOL!

This act is WHY a lot of the gun nutz say "They ARE coming for all our weapons", because the bill would actually take everything I own except 1 shotgun...

i'm not so arrogant that I am insulted when someone disagrees with me.

It's America. You have the right to be wrong if you want to. ;)

And the "coming to take your weapons" is a tactic used by the NRA to sell more weapons.

No way is that ever going to happen.

28 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

i'm not so arrogant that I am insulted when someone disagrees with me.

It's America. You have the right to be wrong if you want to. ;)

And the "coming to take your weapons" is a tactic used by the NRA to sell more weapons.

No way is that ever going to happen.

Same here...

This is the first time that they are actually TRYING to take away all the guns, so now all the far right gun zealots are freaking out and saying "I TOLD YOU SO, IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!!"

I don't see anything getting accomplished either way to protect our kids...

Tinfoil hat time but I sometimes wonder if these proposed gun reforms aren't purposely written to fail.  They've been so over-the-top & ill-informed that they're almost certain to be defeated.  Both sides get to act like they've done something, either blaming "gun nuts" or "the libruls".  If they actually want to pass new gun legislation it might help to have someone look them over that also knows which end the bang comes out of so the criteria isn't banning whatever your Aunt Helen thinks looks scary. 

Sadly... it's NOT tinfoil hat time Jamie.

This is what I am always referring to, and this is what the asshats in politics do. It's all talk, and only enough action to "keep the peasants happy".

But everyone just see's what I post, shake their heads and say "Man, that old fuck is SOOoooooo jaded..."

I WISH it were tinfoil hat and "Swing Away" time, but their actions prove me WAY more right than wrong.

Archived