We Need To Talk About Andy..

well nuge and Gresh cost us 10 points in the first half....

100 qb rating that should have been like 120-130 if gresh doesn't drop the pass.

Once again doesn't make up for his awful performance last week but he played pretty good.

While that is true, we didn't score in the 4th quarter, a quarter that seems to possess Kryptonite to our offense in big games.  

You forgot Tates fumble 6 on the kickoff after the Patsies had just scored in the 3rd quarter.  14 points in 11 seconds is tough to bounce back from.

Just not true. See post above.

Yea the Browns game was miserable but he is now 1 for 2 in having good games in primteime. Probably better than his other seasons.

He played pretty good in both primetime games vs Pissburgh last year. 81.7 & 86.4 ratings, 3 TDs 0 Turnovers....Not good against Miami. So 2 for 3 to the good last season in primetime.

As I said in the offseaon.

He has improved each year in a number of ways, but what has not at all improved not even a little are his prime time under the spotlight (which I would include playoff games) games. There hasnt been ANY improvement in that area for 4 years. If you want to win a playoff game let alone a superbowl, that should be concerning. And yes, Marvin is included in that problem, it's just your QB has REALLY not improved in those areas at all.

I could deal with it if he had been and have a little more patience with him with the expectation that eventually it will pay off, but when you see no improvement at all in now the 4th year in that area you got to ask whats going on.

Do you really think it's level-headed to want to fire a coach and start over with a new quarterback based on primetime performance?? Really? Plus we're 5-3-1. We're not even close to being out of it. I don't get that logic?

Do you really think it's level-headed to want to fire a coach and start over with a new quarterback based on primetime performance?? Really? Plus we're 5-3-1. We're not even close to being out of it. I don't get that logic?

You either believe after 4 years of Andy and now 12 years of Marvin that its going to pay off or you don't. You believe that they will eventually win these games or you don't. And there isn't a person on this site that can honestly say prime time games don't matter. If you want to win a Superbowl you better be able to win in prime time because those games aren't played at 1pm.

Prime time v regular games doesn't really make sense. He is doing the exact same things. It's not like we are suddenly asking him to kick field goals.

Its all mental, its a matter of feeling and responding to (or in this case not responding to) the pressure of the spotlight.

Prime time v regular games doesn't really make sense. He is doing the exact same things. It's not like we are suddenly asking him to kick field goals.

I kinda agree.     There are two issues.     1. is Andy Dalton is just a limited QB.   2. He can perform worse because of the pressure of the moment.   

People often state Dalton is limited skill wise but always throw in his first 3 year stats compared against Manning or leading them to the playoffs or his winning record.

That's always been fools gold, IMO.   1.  Qb stats today aren't comparable to anything before 2011.   That is not choosing a date out of thin air, that's the year the league revamped the rule book to favor passing and offense.    2nd - they steal team results to make Andy look better.

I don't think it matters whether the game is at 1pm or 8pm.   You can see his meltdowns coming.   This past one was clearer than any other.   First it's a left handed whatever losing a lead late.   Then the Back Int.   Then Cleveland.

Last year it was the 4 int game vs. Ravens then playoff game.    When this guy starts to sink, he's gone most of the time.   I think that's a result of him knowing he doesn't have the physical talent at this level, he's a fringe guy talent wise.

Archived