We Need To Talk About Andy..

That's a bit melodramatic and not really true.  There are no guaranteed contracts in the NFL & they could cut him at any time. Most of the Bengals contracts are front-loaded so there probably wouldn't be that much dead money.

What isn't true? The backup is Jason fuckin' Campbell. This team is stuck with Dalton for rest of this year. There is no viable other option. As for next year, IF they let him go, which they won't as long as Marvin is here, that just means starting the learning cycle all over again. They could have jumpstarted that now if they had taken bridgwater when they had s chance. At least then they would have an option.

Andy will redeem himself.

And then he will shit himself again. Yay.

Someone convince me how anything changes with Marvin still the coach of this team next year.

It's a whole ball of fuck up.      I mean when you have a seires lead over the Giants 2-0 and don't advance.   When you have the Chargers at home with a halftime lead......

These are moments that you can't let pass.     The coach has to be held accountable.     Now,  as we saw with Reds there is no gaurantee of instance success but I don't see how we ever get past the state we are in with Marvin.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/07/karlos-dansby-on-bengals-we-knew-what-was-coming/

oh my dear lord:

We knew what was coming,” linebackerKarlos Dansby said, via Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal. “So we were all over it.”

Typically, a short week would mean preparation is harder, and there’s less time to study an opponents’ tendencies. But that didn’t appear to be an issue for the Browns.

“We put a lot of time in,” Dansby said. “The schedule was hectic. Coach put a lot of pressure on us to handle it, to be professionals, and we handled it. We were dialed in. We knew exactly what they wanted to do, how they wanted to do it, when they wanted to do it. We’re calling out screens. We’re calling out run plays. We’re calling out everything right there on the field. . . .
“When he audibled, we knew exactly what he audibled to. We put time in. It’s preparation. We’re watching film. We’re on it. We’re dialed in. We’re studying, and we’re making sure that we’re on point.”

Yes, andy sucked. Boy how did he suck. But holy fucking shit, wtf marvin. And wtf hue. Other teams are fuckin' coaching. Wtf wtf wtf. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/07/karlos-dansby-on-bengals-we-knew-what-was-coming/

oh my dear lord:

Yes, andy sucked. Boy how did he suck. But holy fucking shit, wtf marvin. And wtf hue. Other teams are fuckin' coaching. Wtf wtf wtf. 

Well we heard the same things with Gruden. So is it a Dalton thing or marvin thing?

I mean Id probably blame Dalton but he doesn't call plays besides audibles.

Is it just Dalton's limitations that make us so predictable or is it just bad play calling?

I don't think thats what 100 million should buy you.  Holy fuck gotdamn.  When the bright lights come on, not only does Andy shit his pants, AJ does too, along with the rest of the team.  There's been one common factor since I've been watching this team in primetime games and its Marvin.  I can't remember winning more than a handful.  Off the top of my head I can think of Baltimore on MNF and Denver and those seem like a millennium ago.  I don't see this team ever winning a playoff game while this mother is our head coach.  Just not happening.  These guys come out and lay down and just take it.  

On the bright side, Hoyer is looking like he might be a FA this off-season....

Well we heard the same things with Gruden. So is it a Dalton thing or marvin thing?

Is it just Dalton's limitations that make us so predictable or is it just bad play calling?

Prep and time spent on prep? That's coaching. 

If their handpicked qb can't handle it? 

That's also coaching. Coaches picked that guy. 

Comes back to coaching. 

oh my dear lord:

This is what Indy did.  Stacked the box and sat on everything short.  Make Andy beat you deep.  This is what happened.  Couldn't run, couldn't throw anything short because they were pressing and sitting in zone, and couldn't throw the ball deep if we wanted to because Marshall Newhouse might as well of been a cardboard cutout.  When we did have time to throw, it was not even close to being on target.

As the throws go longer,  Dalton has less command on his ball.       

True enough sharm. So why is he the qb? What is marvins place in that?

I believe the coaches went for Dalton because he was most NFL ready as rookie.    I believe the coaches have a big say in player scouting etc.

I think there are advantages to it.   Dalton was the most NFL ready.   

The weakness is cleary not having a voice outside the coaching ranks that pushes an alternative.   Most coaches are probably going to fall into the group think we wittnessed this summer that says....  you have to SIGN Dalton,  you can't find an alternative.... 

I can't blame a coach because finding an alternative QB means distraction and harder work.   It's not a gaurantee that it works and it does get you fired (with other teams).

Oh, and if you want to see a crazy horror film, check out Found.  Made for $8000 in Bloomington, IN but it's disturbing as hell.

$8000? If I want to disturbed as hell I would just pay $100 for the next Bengals home game.

The mistake that was made with Dalton is painting yourself in a self made corner.     They didn't need to reserve cap room this past offseason to get a deal done for him.

They had the tag.   They had a rookie QB.   They had a back up hand picked by the coordinator.

That cap room should have went to retaining more parts or adding upgrades instead of sitting on the sidelines of the offseason holding on to cap room to get a deal done for a QB that was already under contract and would not have much leverage unless he pulled a Flacco.

Now they are stuck with him through next season as the dead money is greater and the cap hit is around 9/10 for Dalton. 

I believe the coaches went for Dalton because he was most NFL ready as rookie.    I believe the coaches have a big say in player scouting etc.

I think there are advantages to it.   Dalton was the most NFL ready.   

The weakness is cleary not having a voice outside the coaching ranks that pushes an alternative.   Most coaches are probably going to fall into the group think we wittnessed this summer that says....  you have to SIGN Dalton,  you can't find an alternative.... 

I can't blame a coach because finding an alternative QB means distraction and harder work.   It's not a gaurantee that it works and it does get you fired (with other teams).

And that is why we are where we are. We were coming off of a 4-12 season, we didn't need to use a draft pick on an average NFL QB. We could have picked up average in FA and drafted someone with potential (Kaepernick). Say what you want CK doesn't have games like yesterday or Indy.

And that is why we are where we are. We were coming off of a 4-12 season, we didn't need to use a draft pick on an average NFL QB. We could have picked up average in FA and drafted someone with potential (Kaepernick). Say what you want CK doesn't have games like yesterday or Indy.

I'll just add the cycle started by never giving Palmer any real competition and reserving a roster spot for his brother.  

I mean if fucking Bill Walsh can add QBs while Joe Montana is his starter then there should be no worries about hurting feelings for any QB.   Especially after a QB with a halftime lead at home gives you 3 consecutive turnovers in a playoff loss.

They didn't need to reserve cap room this past season to get a deal done.   They should have been players in the free agent market to retain and add pieces. 

Oh, and if you want to see a crazy horror film, check out Found.  Made for $8000 in Bloomington, IN but it's disturbing as hell.

If you want to see a really disturbing horror film, ESPee'n will be showing clips from last night for a month.

The play of the game was Dre Bustpatrick taking Marvmallow out on the sideline and waking him from his nap.

Surprised Bustpatrick wasn't flawed and fined for hitting him out of bounds.

Half of you guys were criticizing me when I said after the Ravens game that Sanu bailed Dalton out on both his big play throws.  I think it's obvious what happens when the receivers can't do that.  He's like a six year old driving a cadillac.  He accidentaliy finds the gas pedal sometimes, but he can't consistently see over the dash enough keep it on the road.

Honestly, I hated this guy when he said after the Chargers fiasco that "Marvin told me I was still the man".  STFU, Andy.  No one wants to hear that your coach (who you disrespectfully call by his first name) coddled you after that joke of a game,  And of course, I hate Lewis more for babying his ass and letting him get away with calling him "Marvin"  Then you see Lewis say that the team has to "make things easier for Andy".  That relationship is too close for objectivity to exist and has to be broken up one way or another.  Oh yeah. and Dalton listens to Christian rock on his headphones before the game.  And we wonder why he comes out with no intensity.

I so fucking hate both of them.

His favorite song is "Jesus Loves Me" because He's the only one and there are some serious doubts about that.

Reality is that Bengals take a huge hit if they don't keep him next year...

Andrew Brandt @adbrandt 49m49 minutes ago

After games like that from Dalton, teams comforted by NFL contract reality. Unlike NBA/MLB deals, can usually "get out" after 2 years.

Bengals on the hook essentially for 2 years, $25 million dollars.  After 2015, can do whatever with no penalty.

I've been cool with Andy so far, but not anymore. Mostly though, I want Marvin gone. We aren't going to win anything with Marvin Lewis and we're not going to win anything with Andy Dalton. Oh, and let Green walk too. I have no desire for this team to be invested in a 100 million dollar WR no matter how good he is.

Archived