We Need To Talk About Andy..

Hey Mem!  Since you posted on that other message board that I was the reason you don't go around there very much any more, thought I'd catch up with you over here.  Has your boy turned into Peyton Manning yet?

post-5268-0-81170600-1408963818_zps79950

In Peyton's fourth year in the league the Colts went 6-10.  Offense was rated 2nd in the league.  Our offense is currently ranked 19th.

Resign AJ Green?

I think the bigger question on that issue is does he want to be here? I can't imagine why he would. Guy with his talents probabally wants to go play with a QB that can make him a superstar.

Seriously. People here are so short sighted. Imagine if AJ played with a QB who actually had some sort of intangibles or some special quality. FUCK.

Seriously. People here are so short sighted. Imagine if AJ played with a QB who actually had some sort of intangibles or some special quality. FUCK.

The problem is where or how do we get that guy?    I would love to have even Big Jen throwing passes to AJ, just tell me how we get him or a similar QB soon.  The draft isn't until next April or May and that still would not fix 2015.   I say give Campbell a shot.  One thing we DONT know about him:  Does he choke with the lights on or in games not played on Sunday?

The problem is where or how do we get that guy?    I would love to have even Big Jen throwing passes to AJ, just tell me how we get him or a similar QB soon.  The draft isn't until next April or May and that still would not fix 2015.   I say give Campbell a shot.  One thing we DONT know about him:  Does he choke with the lights on or in games not played on Sunday?

Realistically were fucked this year unless Andy turns it around which is possible just unlikely. I'd roll the dice with Campbell. Dalton needs to be benched and anywhere else he would be.

As much as I'd love to blame Andy, I have to put this on the coaching staff.  They know what they have in Andy Dalton...a decent QB with a limited ceiling and a bottomless floor.  The Bengals have done very little to try to upgrade the position thinking they had enough talent around the QB position to overcome his shortcomings.  No one knows what Ryan Mallet will be, but the Texans are trying to upgrade, we waited until the 2nd half of the draft to look at a QB and even bringing in Campbell there was no competition.

Andy Dalton was a nice college QB and he's an average NFL QB when everything around him is going well. It's time for the Bengals to admit to themselves that they need a better option.  That doesn't mean cutting Andy Dalton, that means looking for young QBs in the draft, free agency or if someone is on the block even consider trading for one.  You have to keep Andy Dalton until you find a QB who is better.  When you find that QB you try to restructure AD's contract and he becomes the backup.  If he doesn't agree, let him play somewhere else.  Regardless of how the rest of the season plays out we really need to consider moving up in the draft and drafting a QB.  If J. Winston could mature he may be available mid first round.

COB, you can snark about Andy all you want, it doesn't change why he's here and will still be here. It's a waste of breath as long as Marvin is who Marvin is. Marvin's guy, they doubled down on him, and this is what we have.  I wanted Bridgewater. Didn't get it. Bitching about Andy ceaselessly, where does that get anyone. Enjoy the shell of what Zone used to be. 

Someone look me up when we get real change in this team. Been wanting Marvin gone since 2007, and here we are. Same complaints different decade. 

COB, you can snark about Andy all you want, it doesn't change why he's here and will still be here. It's a waste of breath as long as Marvin is who Marvin is. Marvin's guy, they doubled down on him, and this is what we have.  I wanted Bridgewater. Didn't get it. Bitching about Andy ceaselessly, where does that get anyone. Enjoy the shell of what Zone used to be. 

Someone look me up when we get real change in this team. Been wanting Marvin gone since 2007, and here we are. Same complaints different decade. 

We agree on Marvin.  I was a huge supporter up until this year.  Now I'm ready for the next guy, though I really wanted Zimmer and that will never happen.  

I won't be back at the other place.  Saw that I about drove you out, and was continually attacked by that born again christian every time I mentioned Andy, and it occurred to me that I was just in the wrong place.  

We are in for hell until they make a coaching change.  Zimmer was the force that made the Bengals a tough-minded team that played hard football.  We are now going to watch it unravel.  

Reality is that Bengals take a huge hit if they don't keep him next year...

Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt 49m49 minutes ago

After games like that from Dalton, teams comforted by NFL contract reality. Unlike NBA/MLB deals, can usually "get out" after 2 years.

Bengals on the hook essentially for 2 years, $25 million dollars.  After 2015, can do whatever with no penalty.

No, Dalton's cap number is 9.4 mil if we keep him next year. If he's cut on the first day of the league year and not paid his roster bonus, then the accelerated signing bonus would be 9.6 mil. In other words cutting him costs 200K. We'd still need to find a replacement QB but dumping Dalton is easily doable. 

I haven't read this whole thread but let me ask a couple questions. When is the last time you have seen a quarter back run 5 yards past the line of scrimmage then throw a pass? If hill gets benched for a fumble, how does Dalton not get benched for the shit he pulled last night? Andy is making rookie mistakes in his 4th year. Wtf? Actually I haven't seen rookies make all the mistakes he has.

We agree on Marvin.  I was a huge supporter up until this year.  Now I'm ready for the next guy, though I really wanted Zimmer and that will never happen.  

I won't be back at the other place.  Saw that I about drove you out, and was continually attacked by that born again christian every time I mentioned Andy, and it occurred to me that I was just in the wrong place.  

We are in for hell until they make a coaching change.  Zimmer was the force that made the Bengals a tough-minded team that played hard football.  We are now going to watch it unravel.  

Yeah, Zimmer would have been awesome.

As it is, we have...Marvin. And Marvin's guys. Doing Marvin things.

I haven't read this whole thread but let me ask a couple questions. When is the last time you have seen a quarter back run 5 yards past the line of scrimmage then throw a pass? If hill gets benched for a fumble, how does Dalton not get benched for the shit he pulled last night? Andy is making rookie mistakes in his 4th year. Wtf? Actually I haven't seen rookies make all the mistakes he has.

When and how Marvin chooses to enforce "Accountability" is baffling to say the least...

That was Kintnaesque wasnt it?

Here is your answer

5th worst since 1960 of QBs with at least 30 attempts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/07/andy-daltons-passer-rating-was-fifth-worst-since-1960-for-qbs-with-at-least-30-attempts/

Andy Dalton’s passer rating was fifth worst since 1960 for QBs with at least 30 attempts

Andy Dalton was awful Thursday night against the Cleveland Browns.

How bad exactly? There are a myriad of stats that try to put into perspective just how horrid Dalton was tonight in Cincinnati.

Dalton completed just 10 of 33 passes for 86 yards and three interceptions and a passer rating of 2.0.

According to STATS, Inc., Dalton is the first quarterback since Scott Brunner of the New York Giants to post a passer rating of 2.0 or less with at least 30 attempts in a game. Brunner completed just 10 of 35 passes for 108 yards and four interceptions against the St. Louis Cardinals on Dec. 4, 1983.

It’s just the fifth time since 1960 a quarterback has posted a passer rating of 2.0 or less since 1960 in games with at least 30 attempted passes. In addition to Brunner, Gary Marangi of the Buffalo Bills (0.0; Nov. 21, 1976 vs. San Diego), Pete Beathard of the Houston Oilers (0.6; Oct. 12, 1969 vs. Kansas City) and Norm Snead of the Washington Redskins (0.5; Nov. 26, 1961 vs. Baltimore) also posted similar performances to Dalton.

Also per STATS, Inc., it’s the worst passer rating for a quarterback with at least 20 attempts since Jeff Garcia posted a 0.0 rating for Cleveland against the Dallas Cowboys on Sept. 19, 2004. Garcia completed 8 of 27 passes for 71 yards with three interceptions.

Luke McCown of the Jacksonville Jaguars was the last quarterback to post a passer rating of 2.0 of less on at least 15 attempted passes. McCown completed 6 of 19 passes for 59 yards against the New York Jets on Sept. 18, 2011.

Dalton’s 30 percent completion percentage is the worst for a quarterback with at least 30 attempts since Stan Gelbaugh went 9 of 31 for 66 yards for the Seattle Seahawks against the Philadelphia Eagles on Dec. 13, 1992.

In closing, Dalton did many things tonight (all bad) that haven’t been done this badly in a long time.

What was the worse rated game for Akili Smith and David Kingler? 

People throw around can't be any worse all the time, but this might actually be true.  

Lets not pretend Akili or Klingler had nearly the talent Andy does at the skill positions...minus Cory Dillon for Smith.

Archived