I am about to post something similar on the "other board" but feel its only fair I post it here as well. I have posted here for over 10 years and whether its good or bad, whether I am right or wrong, I feel I should say it like it is...

I'm done. I'm done with Marvin and done with Dalton. This game I blame mostly on Dalton, but i blame the failures of this team in big game and playoff performances on Marvin. I mean how many players on this team play the worst in prime time and playoff games?? Dalton plays his worst and is the most obvious answer. But even AJ had multiple drops tonight and in playoff games and big games similar stories. Greg little head butts a guy. The defense once again plays like shit.

Even our most consistent player, Kevin Huber, shanks a couple punts tonight.

How many times in big games do the majority of our players play like fucking shit?? This team is going nowhere with marvin and thats a fucking fact.

Now onto Andy. I dont know. I mean even though he hasnt had great stats this year, I think he has been a pretty decent QB. But decent QBs play better in games like tonight then Andy did. I am so embarrassed by his performance. More of his passes landed out of bounds then the did in bounds. Everything he has done well this year he completely dropped the ball on tonight. 

Part of me thinks that if Dalton had a top notch coach like Bellicheck he would be a top notch QB, but the fact is he doesnt have a top notch coach he has marvin and obviously thats not good enough.

We have a ton of injuries and that has taken its toll on this team, but thats not excuse for dalton playing like absolute garbage tonight. Good quarterbacks dont play like Andy did tonight. 

Long story short...i dont know where to go from here. Is it all marvin? Is it all andy? I honestly dont know. Im more inclined to blame marvin but Dalton obviously deserves blame. Long story short this combination we have now isnt the answer. Either bring someone in that can take Dalton to that next level or move on. The Dalton Lewis combo just isnt going to work.

Ive never been this upset as a bengals fan in my life and I lived through the 1992-2002 era (even though I was younger). Im fucking pissed, disappointed, embarrassed, etc. I dont know what the answer is but I know the Lewis/Dalton combo isnt the answer.

There is no way that Dalton would EVER be a top notch QB. This is his FOURTH YEAR. He has TALENT around him. Far more talent that some players like Tannehill or Russ Wilson have right now. And he can't. Do. Shit. Unless everything is PERFECT.

Andy Dalton is a backup QB masquerading as a starting. Like I said in the other thread, Kyle Orton is better. He needs to learn from him how to do this shit and not fuck shit up for the team.

By the way I was at the game tonight. I very, very rarely leave games early. I left tonight with 3 mins left in the third!

I knew from the very first drive this game was not going to go well.

Call me a bad fan or whatever you want, but this is just down right embarrassing. No other way around it.

I dont know what the answer is, but if I was in charge, I'd get rid of marvin after this year, bring in a solid coach, and let them make the decision on the QB. If they think they can turn Dalton around, great. If they'd prefer to get their own QB thats fine too.

As I said, all I know is the Marvin/Dalton combo doesnt work. Does a Harbaugh/Dalton combo work? Does a new coach new QB combo work? Maybe. But Lewis Dalton doesnt. Fact.

You'll be back after we beat the Saints.

You can call me a bandwagon fan or whatever all you want. In fact I'll actually be at the saints game in NO. Where will you be???

This isnt some random bandwagon fan posting this. Ask anyone here and you will know that I am not that guy.

There is no way that Dalton would EVER be a top notch QB. This is his FOURTH YEAR. He has TALENT around him. Far more talent that some players like Tannehill or Russ Wilson have right now. And he can't. Do. Shit. Unless everything is PERFECT.

Andy Dalton is a backup QB masquerading as a starting. Like I said in the other thread, Kyle Orton is better. He needs to learn from him how to do this shit and not fuck shit up for the team.

Sadly. This. If Dalton had Dallas' O line and megatron on one side and Aj on other with Demarco behind him then he'd put up numbers we could take pride in. He's just not that good. The deal we signed him to doesn't cripple us longterm but I'd be shocked if we cut ties anytime soon. Takes balls and true vision to do that. And those two things we ain't got.

Sad day for Bengals fans. Not b/c you lost the game. B/c the manner you lost indicates the players/coaches that ultimately pull us out of this mess arent with us yet. Hard to accept personnel in key positions are probably just holding you back but lacking a current better option holds you hostage.

Sadly. This. If Dalton had Dallas' O line and megatron on one side and Aj on other with Demarco behind him then he'd put up numbers we could take pride in. He's just not that good. The deal we signed him to doesn't cripple us longterm but I'd be shocked if we cut ties anytime soon. Takes balls and true vision to do that. And those two things we ain't got.

Sad day for Bengals fans. Not b/c you lost the game. B/c the manner you lost indicates the players/coaches that ultimately pull us out of this mess arent with us yet. Hard to accept personnel in key positions are probably just holding you back but lacking a current better option holds you hostage.

And we're gonna be excited again when they string together another win or two. And then we'll get shitted on for shitting on him.

Christ I can't even continue this post. They're chanting goddamn "Brian Hoyer" in PBS right now. I'm so goddamn disgusted. FUCK ANDY.

Who do we replace Andy Dalton with? ANYFUCKINGBODY! There is absolutely NOTHING irreplaceable about him. He plays as good as a back up.

And we're gonna be excited again when they string together another win or two. And then we'll get shitted on for shitting on him.

Christ I can't even continue this post. They're chanting goddamn "Brian Hoyer" in PBS right now. I'm so goddamn disgusted. FUCK ANDY.

Who do we replace Andy Dalton with? ANYFUCKINGBODY! There is absolutely NOTHING irreplaceable about him. He plays as good as a back up.

Dalton's good is never THAT good, it's taking what's there, moving the chains and spreading the ball around. Allowing skill guys a chance to make plays. His bad, on the other hand sends Twitter and message boards into complete chaos. He's not even Alex smith. Smith bores you with his play but he's a proficient game manager. Neither will consistently win you games on own but Dalton has shown a real penchant for destroying games in spectacular fashion on the biggest of stages. Not good enough.

Marvin Lewis and his coaching staff and this team has no fucking pride what so ever.

I can still say fuck you. Theres a difference between trolling and speaking the truth. More often than not you just fucking troll.

If I remember right, last time you accused me of "trolling" all I did was post Andy Dalton's basic stat line, and you told me to quit trolling. Oh, and I projected his stats out for a season, showing he was on pace for 14 touchdowns. Apparently that was too "trollish" for you to handle?

You need to grow a pair.

This was the first time I have turned off a Bengals game in my life. Even in the 1990s I was a "bitter end" kind of fan. Marvin got us out of the doldrums but we will not win anything other than an occasional division title with him. This team has way too much talent to look this inept.

Thats a little rude, but ok...

Funny thing is two weeks ago you were a dalton defender.

Scharm you should change your name to john kerry, it would fit you well.

Sorry man but you guys gave us such crap all offseason to the point of leaving, all we were doing was telling the truth about him.

I will give you props for this thread and not trying to explain it away and holding him to task though.

I wish I didn't have to, I wish it was the other way around and you were telling me you told me so.

I think the most important thing we can do here is to deflect the blame away to whatever we can think of, in order to make ourselves feel better about Dalton being the starting qb here until 2020.  I'll start with the weather.  Tonight was windy and cold....Andy's poor hands were probably freezing cold so the abundance of high throws and other throws that made you ask "WTF" were not his fault.   Who can come up with why the INTs happened?  Most popular options include: Kyle Cook, AJ giving up on the play, Gruden told him to throw the INT, Top 5 rated offensive line sucks amongst others.  

I think the most important thing we can do here is to deflect the blame away to whatever we can think of, in order to make ourselves feel better about Dalton being the starting qb here until 2020.  I'll start with the weather.  Tonight was windy and cold....Andy's poor hands were probably freezing cold so the abundance of high throws and other throws that made you ask "WTF" were not his fault.   Who can come up with why the INTs happened?  Most popular options include: Kyle Cook, AJ giving up on the play, Gruden told him to throw the INT, Top 5 rated offensive line sucks amongst others.  

Whos doing that you fucking asshole?

I came here to make a post saying Dalton sucked and that I may be wrong. I didnt make fucking excuses. Oh wait, you still have to be a fucking asshole.

FUCK YOU

Archived