I think the most important thing we can do here is to deflect the blame away to whatever we can think of, in order to make ourselves feel better about Dalton being the starting qb here until 2020.  I'll start with the weather.  Tonight was windy and cold....Andy's poor hands were probably freezing cold so the abundance of high throws and other throws that made you ask "WTF" were not his fault.   Who can come up with why the INTs happened?  Most popular options include: Kyle Cook, AJ giving up on the play, Gruden told him to throw the INT, Top 5 rated offensive line sucks amongst others.  

Also on the pass he threw after crossing the LOS, clearly the WR was running the wrong route on that play. It's perplexing how many wrong routes our WRs run.

Whos doing that you fucking asshole?

I came here to make a post saying Dalton sucked and that I may be wrong. I didnt make fucking excuses. Oh wait, you still have to be a fucking asshole.

FUCK YOU

Grow a pair. Or, if that's impossible (which at this point I'm assuming it is), try having a laugh.

Also on the pass he threw after crossing the LOS, clearly the WR was running the wrong route on that play. It's perplexing how many wrong routes our WRs run.

Gresh did cut off his route. Doesnt change that dalton had a fucking awful game, but yes you can look at a certain play and blame someone other than the QB.

Smart people can look at each play and realize what goes into it. Doesnt change that dalton played miserably, but not every bad pass he threw was his fault.

Gresh's bad route just changes his rating from a 5 to a 2. 5 still fucking sucks.

I think the most important thing we can do here is to deflect the blame away to whatever we can think of, in order to make ourselves feel better about Dalton being the starting qb here until 2020.  I'll start with the weather.  Tonight was windy and cold....Andy's poor hands were probably freezing cold so the abundance of high throws and other throws that made you ask "WTF" were not his fault.   Who can come up with why the INTs happened?  Most popular options include: Kyle Cook, AJ giving up on the play, Gruden told him to throw the INT, Top 5 rated offensive line sucks amongst others.  

You're on fucking fire hahaha

Whos doing that you fucking asshole?

I came here to make a post saying Dalton sucked and that I may be wrong. I didnt make fucking excuses. Oh wait, you still have to be a fucking asshole.

FUCK YOU

Whoa....relax man.  I'm just trying to make light of a horrible game.  I actually respect, like your original post.  My post had nothing to do with you and could have and should have been made in BABs thread.  

All good.  Mods, no need to warn or anything....all good.  

Gresh did cut off his route. Doesnt change that dalton had a fucking awful game, but yes you can look at a certain play and blame someone other than the QB.

Smart people can look at each play and realize what goes into it. Doesnt change that dalton played miserably, but not every bad pass he threw was his fault.

Gresh's bad route just changes his rating from a 5 to a 2. 5 still fucking sucks.

Lighten up man, it just jokes as a coping mechanism

The troll who started this thread posted "bring it faggot" directed at me. I read it (it's since been edited), and am highly offended by his hate speach. How about we cap the night by banning a troll?

(just kidding about being offended, I have a fully developed pair and don't cry about message board posts)

Whoa....relax man.  I'm just trying to make light of a horrible game.  I actually respect, like your original post.  My post had nothing to do with you and could have and should have been made in BABs thread.  

All good.  Mods, no need to warn or anything....all good.  

My point is whether dalton is bad or amazing, doesnt change the fact that you trolled this board with your posts similar to the one above or Scharms "ALERT ALERT" posts.

You might think it was your opinion that we considered trolling, but it wasnt, it was the way you did it.

But whatever, doesnt matter. Fact is Dalton dropped the fucking ball and unless he comes out fired up and plays amazing the next few weeks he will continue to get bashed and deservedly so.

Not to make excuses for Andy, but how bad was Newhouse tonight? Depth at OT is non-existent.

The line definitely didnt play well, aj dropped passes, defense sucked, coaching sucked as well (timeout 2 mins into the game???).

But dalton was definitely the worst of the bunch and deserves loads of blame.

But the fact that the majority of this team plays their worst in primetime games definitely needs to be looked at whether they have Dalton at QB or Peyton.

I think everyone is being really short-sighted on this board. Remember how this team looked in 2009 in the playoffs? That was a completely different unit than the one we have now. As I've stated countless times before on here, the problems are systemic. Replacing the QB (unless its with a HOF) are not going to change anything. The problems with this franchise are very deeply rooted. I'd also like to shout out all the players seen post-game laughing and joking with Browns players. Its comforting that they take their JOBS so seriously. 

My point is whether dalton is bad or amazing, doesnt change the fact that you trolled this board with your posts similar to the one above or Scharms "ALERT ALERT" posts.

You might think it was your opinion that we considered trolling, but it wasnt, it was the way you did it.

But whatever, doesnt matter. Fact is Dalton dropped the fucking ball and unless he comes out fired up and plays amazing the next few weeks he will continue to get bashed and deservedly so.

You call it trolling, I call it stating the obvious.  In a semi humorous fashion.  You considered it trolling because it went against your views on Dalton.  Turns out the 'trolls' are turning out to be correct and even you are seeing through the potential excuses you would have made for him in the past.  

And that's a good thing 

You call it trolling, I call it stating the obvious.  In a semi humorous fashion.  You considered it trolling because it went against your views on Dalton.  Turns out the 'trolls' are turning out to be correct and even you are seeing through the potential excuses you would have made for him in the past.  

And that's a good thing 

Keep shoveling

I think everyone is being really short-sighted on this board. Remember how this team looked in 2009 in the playoffs? That was a completely different unit than the one we have now. As I've stated countless times before on here, the problems are systemic. Replacing the QB (unless its with a HOF) are not going to change anything. The problems with this franchise are very deeply rooted. I'd also like to shout out all the players seen post-game laughing and joking with Browns players. Its comforting that they take their JOBS so seriously. 

Agreed. I dont think this is as much a dalton thing as it is a marvin thing/bengals thing in general.

But obviously dalton didnt do anything to overcome that.

I'd also like to shout out all the players seen post-game laughing and joking with Browns players. Its comforting that they take their JOBS so seriously. 

That pissed me off too. Jeremy Hill was the main one. The same Jeremy Hill all bundled up on the bench after his fumble in a thick as hell winter coat. Wind chills were in the upper 30's. He's been running his ass off. And he's chilling in his blanky on the sideline.

I think a fair question is this...

Would you take bill belichick and Andy Dalton or Marvin Lewis and Tom Brady? Not necessarily at this point in their careers but from day 1.

Id honestly chose Bill and Andy.

Not that I have proof that would be the right choice, but I think the issues are bigger than Andy even though Andy isnt doing enough to overcome those issues. I think the biggest issues are at the top.

Archived