I think a fair question is this...

Would you take bill belichick and Andy Dalton or Marvin Lewis and Tom Brady? Not necessarily at this point in their careers but from day 1.

Id honestly chose Bill and Andy.

Not that I have proof that would be the right choice, but I think the issues are bigger than Andy even though Andy isnt doing enough to overcome those issues. I think the biggest issues are at the top.

I'd pick Bill and Andy cause he'd fucking get rid of that loser.

I think thats a great question that you posed. I would probably agree with you also. Although neither option comforts me.

My take on this: Marvin is too much of a players coach. He's created a soft team. This team was pampered during training camp/pre-season in order to keep them healthy. How did that work out? You have guys basically begging to not play and Marvin certainly obliges. There's a reason guys on Denver come back so quickly from injuries. Its because they are invested in the team and WANT to play. Thats not the case here and there is no leadership in place that expects otherwise. 

This team simply does not care win. lose, or draw.Not in any meaningful way, at least. Mediocrity is accepted. And anywhere in life where mediocrity is accepted, mediocrity is delivered. 

One of the many things that bothered me was they seemed like they simply didn't care.

that right there is a reflection of the coaching staff and the head coach,which is one of the reasons why Marvin Lewis should have been fired last year and head coaching job should have been given to Mike zimmer.

You call it trolling, I call it stating the obvious.  In a semi humorous fashion.  You considered it trolling because it went against your views on Dalton.  Turns out the 'trolls' are turning out to be correct and even you are seeing through the potential excuses you would have made for him in the past.  

And that's a good thing 

MESSAGE!

If you honestly think that all this team needs is another QB, I would refer you to 2003-2010, not to mention every year before it. In other words, you're insane.

I mean, Bill would take care of that shit too obviously lol. Thought that went without speaking. He's a winner. Marvin is so hilariously not.

Dalton doesn't have the tools to be a champion. 80 something.....

Give me Lewis and Brady

Shows what you know scharm. Brady was an 80s something QB when he won 3 SBs with Belicheck. Low 90s at best.

If you think Lewis would have won with Brady I dont know what to say to you besides that you dont know shit.

Shows what you know scharm. Brady was an 80s something QB when he won 3 SBs with Belicheck. Low 90s at best.

If you think Lewis would have won with Brady I dont know what to say to you besides that you dont know shit.

Brady's lowest TD total is 18, which he threw in 2001. Dalton is on pace for 14 in his 4th season.

90's rated QB in the "era" when the Patriots were winning super bowls was really fucking good.

It's pretty silly to tell somebody they don't know shit considering you're speaking of a hypothetical situation.  You don't know shit either as it pertains to which 'couple' would be more successful in this hypothetical situation.  There is nothing to know as it is an imaginary situation.  

You should stop your belligerence, especially considering it's your opinions that you consider(ed) to be true, that are turning out to be not as accurate as you once thought.  

It's pretty silly to tell somebody they don't know shit considering you're speaking of a hypothetical situation.  You don't know shit either as it pertains to which 'couple' would be more successful in this hypothetical situation.  There is nothing to know as it is an imaginary situation.  

You should stop your belligerence, especially considering it's your opinions that you consider(ed) to be true, that are turning out to be not as accurate as you once thought.  

I just think its funny that people will go so overboard in hating on AD that they will defend Marvin fucking lewis. 

Marvin has been here twice as long as AD and still has no playoff wins. Blame dalton, blame palmer, blame mike brown, blame whoever the hell you want. If you dont truly believe marvin is the biggest issue here...12 years proves otherwise.

I would take Bill and Andy, why? Because Bill would replace Marvin and then Bill would release Andy and Draft a better QB.

Ding ding ding. That's one thing about him thats awesome. He doesn't hesitate to admit he fucked up with a pick. He cuts the fat quickly.

I just think its funny that people will go so overboard in hating on AD that they will defend Marvin fucking lewis. 

Marvin has been here twice as long as AD and still has no playoff wins. Blame dalton, blame palmer, blame mike brown, blame whoever the hell you want. If you dont truly believe marvin is the biggest issue here...12 years proves otherwise.

You see what you're doing here right?  Your ingrained need to excuse Dalton has forced you to ask the question about Belicheck/Dalton vs Marvin/Brady.  Who gives a shit about that hypothetical situation.  What would any coach have done differently to not make Dalton throw the ball high numerous times, make horrible decisions numerous times, look pathetic, sail a noodle arm ball out of bounds when Sanu is wide open in the endzone, cross the LOS by 3 yds then still pass forwards....you think Marvin is making him do these things? 

Don't get me wrong brady is awesome. But I still think under marvin the rest of the team will underperform in big games no matter who is qb. That doesn't happen under bellicheck.

I'm ok with getting rid of both but if you have to choose one I think its a no brainier to get rid of marvin.

You see what you're doing here right?  Your ingrained need to excuse Dalton has forced you to ask the question about Belicheck/Dalton vs Marvin/Brady.  Who gives a shit about that hypothetical situation.  What would any coach have done differently to not make Dalton throw the ball high numerous times, make horrible decisions numerous times, look pathetic, sail a noodle arm ball out of bounds when Sanu is wide open in the endzone, cross the LOS by 3 yds then still pass forwards....you think Marvin is making him do these things? 

No I don't but Dalton isn't the only one that continuously under performs in big games is he? Defense always does aj does oline does.

Yes maybe Andy the worst of all but everyone else does too.

Name me 2 bengals that play their best in big gamss? Prob will take a while.

Doesn't excuse Dalton just shows it's bigger than him.

If Marvin had Brady as his QB, IMO he would be looked at much differently, more favorably.  Brady has intangibles, heart, drive, focus.....that dude would win no matter who his coach was.  And the thing about Brady, is that he actually has upper tier QB attributes.  

Players do the playing.  Brady is by FAR a superior QB than Dalton.  I guess if I was to play along with your question....I'd take Brady and Marvin all day.  

Let's just say the Bengals release Dalton tomorrow.

What team would pick him up?

Now think, how long is it taking you to come up with a team? This is why Dalton sucks and will never lead a team through the playoffs.

Jets, Texans, skins, bucs, titans, rams, possibly bears, possibly panthers,

Thats not counting places like Minnesota, Oakland, Buffalo, Miami, Jacksonville where the jury is still out

In other words, there aren't a lot of very good QB's in this league. 

Thats not counting places like Minnesota, Oakland, Buffalo, Miami, Jacksonville where the jury is still out

I'm 100% sure all the teams you mentioned above who have less talent than us will still have a QB who will out perform Dalton this week and for the rest of the year. No reason for them to go backwards even more by picking up Dalton.

Possibly Bears? Panthers?  Get out of here.  

Bridgewater looks promising, as does Derek Carr.  Tannehill is playing very well and Bortles is not even 8 games into his career and you think these teams would rather have Andy Dalton? 

Everyone in the NFL knows who Andy Dalton is....most fans do as well.  Others on the other hand, highly overvalue the very avg qb.  

Possibly Bears? Panthers?  Get out of here.  

Bridgewater looks promising, as does Derek Carr.  Tannehill is playing very well and Bortles is not even 8 games into his career and you think these teams would rather have Andy Dalton? 

Everyone in the NFL knows who Andy Dalton is....most fans do as well.  Others on the other hand, highly overvalue the very avg qb.  

You're obviously not thinking clearly. Bears aren't happy with Cutler. How do you know Trestman doesn't think Dalton could fit his offense? Cam is below-average, just like Dalton. Don't see any difference between the two. 

I love how your remarks about the rookies. What the heck do you think they were saying about Dalton after year one?

You're obviously not thinking clearly. Bears aren't happy with Cutler. How do you know Trestman doesn't think Dalton could fit his offense? Cam is below-average, just like Dalton. Don't see any difference between the two. 

I love how your remarks about the rookies. What the heck do you think they were saying about Dalton after year one?

and after 4 years this is what they gonna get from Dalton. I'm sure if Dalton goes to the Bears his height will increase, his arm strength will increase and QB IQ will increase as well.

Archived