You're obviously not thinking clearly. Bears aren't happy with Cutler. How do you know Trestman doesn't think Dalton could fit his offense? Cam is below-average, just like Dalton. Don't see any difference between the two. 

I love how your remarks about the rookies. What the heck do you think they were saying about Dalton after year one?

Cutler and Cam are both better than Dalton. Stop fucking lying

No change at qb happens as long as Marvin is here. That's why I don't get the obsession with Dalton. It's misplaced. Obviously Dalton is marvins guy. Didn't draft a true challenger to him (I was begging for bridgewater) , signed him to that contract, etc.

You want change? Focus where change has to happen. Marvins failures as a coach in big spots span 12 years. 12. This vision of a team is his. The persistent and 12 year cycle of failures are his.

This will never break with him as coach. Never. You want a change at qb? Fine, right there with you, but I will continue to maintain that melting these boards down over dalton is misplaced. Melt the boards down over the regime that continues to go all in on him. I mean, fuck, the only option at this point is Jason Campbell. A laughable state of affairs.

You'll be back after we beat the Saints.

Blahahahahahahah

What the fuck makes you think we will beat the saints?? What have you seen from the fucking product to make you think that will happen?? I'll smoke what you're smoking...
Meanwhile, Big Ben is on his way to a MVP award...

Hell, for all of the people pining for Palmer - guess who couldn't hold him in the fold? That's on Marvin too. 

I have no idea how any discussion of this situation doesn't start and end with the head coach. This is his team, his plan, his vision - everyone has said he got what he wanted after 2010 in terms of control - hell, these are clearly his hand-picked coordinators at this point.

How this team plays, who the qb is, that there are no other qb options on the roster really, all of that is on him. All of it. 

The one thing I will absolve Marvin of, MAYBE, is the team's lack of activity in free agency. That approach goes back a long time. I am not advocating spending crazy like Dan Snyder, but they have made some curious choices for a team in theory on the cusp. Whoever was responsible not really replacing (or attempting to replace) MJ and for selling the team on Newhouse as a vialble replacement for Collins should be cleaning out the desk this morning. 

Hell, for all of the people pining for Palmer - guess who couldn't hold him in the fold? That's on Marvin too. 

I have no idea how any discussion of this situation doesn't start and end with the head coach. This is his team, his plan, his vision - everyone has said he got what he wanted after 2010 in terms of control - hell, these are clearly his hand-picked coordinators at this point.

How this team plays, who the qb is, that there are no other qb options on the roster really, all of that is on him. All of it. 

Straight up THIS! Good post. I have been very vocal on the Palmer issue. Quitter. Pussy. Etc... At this point, I'll take him back with open arms. All is forgiven Carson....I don't blame you one bit. I hope he faces the steelers in the Super Bowl and wins! Talk about rubbing shit in the face of the bengals. That would make my year.

Blahahahahahahah

What the fuck makes you think we will beat the saints?? What have you seen from the fucking product to make you think that will happen?? I'll smoke what you're smoking...
Meanwhile, Big Ben is on his way to a MVP award...

I was high last night.

But seriously, with as wacky as the NFL has been this year I could see us going down there in that climate controlled dome and making it a game.  I could.

You can call me a bandwagon fan or whatever all you want. In fact I'll actually be at the saints game in NO. Where will you be???

This isnt some random bandwagon fan posting this. Ask anyone here and you will know that I am not that guy.

Oh I thought you were done as a fan. I read that wrong. I haven't been to NO since the 1998 Sugar Bowl to watch the Buckeyes. Good times.

You're obviously not thinking clearly. Bears aren't happy with Cutler. How do you know Trestman doesn't think Dalton could fit his offense? Cam is below-average, just like Dalton. Don't see any difference between the two. 

I love how your remarks about the rookies. What the heck do you think they were saying about Dalton after year one?

This is a joke right?

The Panther's best receiver is a 23 year old rookie.  The rest are all over 30 and NONE have ever been much of anything unless you think 32 year old Jericho Cotchery is a superstar.    Cam Newton would give up a nut to have AJ Green and Sanu lining up for him.

that right there is a reflection of the coaching staff and the head coach,which is one of the reasons why Marvin Lewis should have been fired last year and head coaching job should have been given to Mike zimmer.

Patton said "When their ass is shaking, their minds will follow".

Even when Marvin rants I don't think anyone takes him seriously.

Nothing is going to happen, no consequences.

Of course, the biggest example of "no consequences" or being held responsible

for one's ineptitude is how fucking long he has been here.

Personally, I think Andy is a lot like Marvin.

He has gone so far and is not going to get any better.

Add to it that he looks across the line and sees something completely

different than he expected and he is lost.

Laph was talking about the Browns lining up in the "Bear defense" with

guys over the center and both guards, something the Bengals had not seen

nor prepared for OR... more important, had a clue how to counter and compensate for

on the fly and this was the result.

I'm glad we have professionals in the booth to figure stuff like that out like Marvy's son, Marcus.

I am about to post something similar on the "other board" but feel its only fair I post it here as well. I have posted here for over 10 years and whether its good or bad, whether I am right or wrong, I feel I should say it like it is...

I'm done. I'm done with Marvin and done with Dalton. This game I blame mostly on Dalton, but i blame the failures of this team in big game and playoff performances on Marvin. I mean how many players on this team play the worst in prime time and playoff games?? Dalton plays his worst and is the most obvious answer. But even AJ had multiple drops tonight and in playoff games and big games similar stories. Greg little head butts a guy. The defense once again plays like shit.

Even our most consistent player, Kevin Huber, shanks a couple punts tonight.

How many times in big games do the majority of our players play like fucking shit?? This team is going nowhere with marvin and thats a fucking fact.

Now onto Andy. I dont know. I mean even though he hasnt had great stats this year, I think he has been a pretty decent QB. But decent QBs play better in games like tonight then Andy did. I am so embarrassed by his performance. More of his passes landed out of bounds then the did in bounds. Everything he has done well this year he completely dropped the ball on tonight. 

Part of me thinks that if Dalton had a top notch coach like Bellicheck he would be a top notch QB, but the fact is he doesnt have a top notch coach he has marvin and obviously thats not good enough.

We have a ton of injuries and that has taken its toll on this team, but thats not excuse for dalton playing like absolute garbage tonight. Good quarterbacks dont play like Andy did tonight. 

Long story short...i dont know where to go from here. Is it all marvin? Is it all andy? I honestly dont know. Im more inclined to blame marvin but Dalton obviously deserves blame. Long story short this combination we have now isnt the answer. Either bring someone in that can take Dalton to that next level or move on. The Dalton Lewis combo just isnt going to work.

Ive never been this upset as a bengals fan in my life and I lived through the 1992-2002 era (even though I was younger). Im fucking pissed, disappointed, embarrassed, etc. I dont know what the answer is but I know the Lewis/Dalton combo isnt the answer.

I think both are very limited

It's ok to cheer for a bad team and to be willing to say they are bad.

The cold hard reality is Marvin should have been fired after the 2010 debacle. 

That said, there is no reason he should have survived after the playoff embarrassment of last year.  

That said, if Katie Blackburn really wants to send a message, she should tell Marvin to sit Andy, start Campbell and call up AJ.  We drafted a QB... remember?  Time to fucking see if we wasted a pick.

Oh I thought you were done as a fan. I read that wrong. I haven't been to NO since the 1998 Sugar Bowl to watch the Buckeyes. Good times.

I more meant I'm done with marvin. Really just the lewis Dalton combo. I'll still watch every game and root for them but I'm done believing they are going to ever take that next step.'

As bad as Dalton has been lately, I still think he can win. 3 years have shown that. 12 years have shown marvin can't win the big game.

I'd bring in a new coach next yeat. Tell him dalton is going to be on the team in 2015 but as the coach you can bring in your guy if you want as a draft pick or FA. If the draft pick or FA beats out Andy then great. If not reasses at the end of 2015 and decide if you want to keep going with Andy or not.

I wouldn't mind bringing in a coach and letting him use a first or second rounder on QB. Unless the guy is looking great early, let him sit behind daltin jn 2015 and go from there.

With a new coach thouhh. If marvin stays none of this matters.

We gave up o-line depth in favor of signing an 80 something rated qb. Newhouse is what you fucking get !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bb bb BBN bb bb

The sad part is we have Newhouse because he was Andy's buddy from TCU. He failed and was cut in Green Bay who are always looking for a tackle. There were a couple of good OTs who fell to the last rounds in this year's draft, Seantrel Henderson and James Hurst. Both have played well as rookies, far better than Newhouse. But we might have had to give up Lavelle Westbrook to get Hurst. Oh, wait...

The sad part is we have Newhouse because he was Andy's buddy from TCU. He failed and was cut in Green Bay who are always looking for a tackle. There were a couple of good OTs who fell to the last rounds in this year's draft, Seantrel Henderson and James Hurst. Both have played well as rookies, far better than Newhouse. But we might have had to give up Lavelle Westbrook to get Hurst. Oh, wait...

Holy shit did Newhouse suck last night.

Yeah Bro, when you get cut from a Packers team that cant protect Rodgers....

Yep, an OT with even modest skills is rather valuable in the NFL.  You only get cut if you absolutely blow or for cap reasons.  It is the former.

Archived