Bengals 6 1/2 point underdogs vs Saints

What I want to see in the Saints game is Dalton going down like Palmer did yesterday. 

Not to pile it with everyone else, but why not you root for one of those NY teams, Jets got lots of fans with your mentality

At least its not a prime time game, we may actually show up...  :ninja:

no need for a ninja, its true lol

I am rely surprised with the lack of optimism. I know we are coming off a bad week but we are getting healthier and these guys are going to have something to prove. It won't be an easy win but I believe the bengals will pull it off.

The Saints are 4-5 and they have been to OT 3 times. They were beaten by the Browns. I know that the Browns just beat us but we all know we beat ourselves that game. We are a better team than that.

I am rely surprised with the lack of optimism. I know we are coming off a bad week but we are getting healthier and these guys are going to have something to prove. It won't be an easy win but I believe the bengals will pull it off.

The Saints are 4-5 and they have been to OT 3 times. They were beaten by the Browns. I know that the Browns just beat us but we all know we beat ourselves that game. We are a better team than that.

The saints are a VERY good home team though.

I watched the Saints/49ers game. The Saints can be run on by a back like Hill. Gore and Hyde did very well. Their secondary can be burnt if Good Andy shows up. The 49ers O-line kind of sucks in pass blocking and Kaepernick is kind of a tard when trying to escape the rush (maybe they are trying to develop him into more of a pocket passer and wanting him to stay in the pocket longer?). Jimmy Graham will be a problem for the Bengals defense. Even if the D gets pressure on Brees, he escaped successfully away from the 49ers and torched that D, so our DBs are going to be on islands against the Saints receivers. Ingram is quite effective when they give him reps. If they stay with him consistently he could have a lot of yards.

The Bengals weren't supposed to have a chance in 2006 either and the Saints muffed a punt and Brees throws a Carson. Looking at the old stats the Bengals threw it 22 times (266 net yds; sacked once for 9 yd loss) and ran 31 (119 yds) with Palmer throwing 3 TDs and 1 pick. They were only 4-11 on third down, had 15 1st downs and possessed the ball just 26:27.

It would be a perfect time for some big plays from the defense again. Looks like it will take something along that line for the Bengals to win.

The saints are a VERY good home team though.

New Orleans Saints: Home-field Advantage, 2006-2014 Start Time (CST) Record Pct. NFL Rank Scoring Margin

Early (12:00 p.m.) 25-16 0.610 10th (out of 26) +5.1 PPG

Midday (3:00-3:25 p.m.)* 6-2 0.750 3rd (out of 32) +8.9 PPG

Prime-time (7:00 p.m.)** 16-3 0.842 2nd (out of 32) +15.6 PPG

*Does not include two playoff wins starting at midday (2009 ARI, 2009 MIN)

**Does not include two playoff wins (2007 PHI, 2011 DET)

From http://www.footballoutsiders.com/clutch-encounters/2014/clutch-encounters-week-10

So they are generally a good team at home, but much better during late and night games than early afternoon.

New Orleans Saints: Home-field Advantage, 2006-2014 Start Time (CST) Record Pct. NFL Rank Scoring Margin
Early (12:00 p.m.) 25-16 0.610 10th (out of 26) +5.1 PPG
Midday (3:00-3:25 p.m.)* 6-2 0.750 3rd (out of 32) +8.9 PPG
Prime-time (7:00 p.m.)** 16-3 0.842 2nd (out of 32) +15.6 PPG
*Does not include two playoff wins starting at midday (2009 ARI, 2009 MIN)
**Does not include two playoff wins (2007 PHI, 2011 DET)

From http://www.footballoutsiders.com/clutch-encounters/2014/clutch-encounters-week-10
So they are generally a good team at home, but much better during late and night games than early afternoon.

Very interesting stuff. Thanks for digging it up!

Very interesting stuff. Thanks for digging it up!

Yeah, non-prime game, so Andy should be great, and the Saints should only be good. Brees' ability to get the ball out quickly likely won't help our pass rush but he'll throw the ball into coverage so maybe there will be some opportunities for picks.

We will get 1 pick-6, 1 rushing TD, and 3 FG's by Nuge for a final score of 23-18.

What no safety?

BTW, if things do get out of hand early, they better not wait until late in the game to bring in Campbell.  Andy has had 6 ints in the last 3 games.  If he throws an ugly pick early, I think you need to sit him.  The team can NOT win if he is giving the ball away, something he has been doing with an alarming frequency as of late.    

I can still remember Sam Wyche sitting a young Boomer during a game after he started off playing like shit and sending old man Kenny Anderson  out for a few series just to remind Boomer how its done.  Boomer went back in and played great.   

What no safety?

BTW, if things do get out of hand early, they better not wait until late in the game to bring in Campbell.  Andy has had 6 ints in the last 3 games.  If he throws an ugly pick early, I think you need to sit him.  The team can NOT win if he is giving the ball away, something he has been doing with an alarming frequency as of late.    

I can still remember Sam Wyche sitting a young Boomer during a game after he started off playing like shit and sending old man Kenny Anderson  out for a few series just to remind Boomer how its done.  Boomer went back in and played great.   

The only problem is that if you sit Dalton to teach him a lesson, he doesn't know how to play great if he's thrown back in.

Archived