Carson Palmer knew immediately he had torn his ACL

Carson Palmer knew immediately he had torn his ACL
Posted by Darin Gantt on November 10, 2014, 2:47 PM EST

0363ca28344ec2c3fa642203752235d7.jpeg?w=

AP

Because he’s rehabbed a previous devastating knee injury, Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer has a frame of reference.

So while the team waited a day to confirm the news of his torn ACL via an MRI, he didn’t need it.

Palmer told reporters today that he “felt a pop,” and knew immediately his season was over as he was being carted off yesterday.

The 34-year-old quarterback also admitted the frustration of losing a chance to lead a team to the playoffs, as the Cardinals are 8-1 and could control home field advantage all the way to the Super Bowl if they keep it up.

He said the “toughest part is that I’m having more fun now than I’ve ever had in my career,” and that this was the best team he had been a part of.

Palmer said he “cried like a baby,” last night, the first time he had wept since learning the news of the death of former teammate Chris Henry.

But at the same time, he’s also aware of the business implications of what happened to him yesterday. Though he just signed a three-year contract extension with the team last week, he also knows this injury could compromise that.

“I’m going to play football again. I hope it is here,” he said. “I just know how this business works. The team will do what is best for them. They should. Hope I’m part of it.”

Having been around so long, that awareness of the uncertainty has to hurt as much as his knee at the moment.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/10/carson-palmer-knew-immediately-he-had-torn-his-acl/

I don't have any feelings positive or negative against #9 anymore but I didn't enjoy hearing about this at all.

I don't like the dude for the way he left Cincy... But I don't wish that kind of stuff on anyone (since Hines retired)

Tough break for Arizona..they were on fire and Carson was ballin this year...

The word shadenfreude immediately comes to mind.

You are being weird about this, why are you taking pleasure in this guy's misfortune? You don't know why Carson left so to hold a personal grudge against someone you don't know for making a business decision that was in the best interest of his family is just weird. You act like Carson punched your mom in the face, like he personally wronged you, when he didn't. He just decided he didn't want to play for the Bengals anymore, like many other players in the past..i.e. Corey Dillon, Takeo Spikes, etc..

Get over it, if you are Bengals fan you should happy because the Bengals got a great deal for Carson. 

I believe that had Carson not been injured in 2005 the Bengals would have at least won a couple playoff games by now. I am also convinced they would have beaten the Stealers that day.

He was playing well in AZ no doubt. Dude is just snakebit. I wasn't a big fan the last few years of his tenure but there's no denying Palmer has been a legit NFL QB and maybe this was his year.

Sucks for him.  The timing for him signing that contract extension couldn't

have been better though.  Not that he was in the poor house.  I wouldn't have

minded to see what he could do in the playoffs though just out of curiosity.

Hate to see that happen to anyone.  I didn't see any of the games where

Drew Stanton came in for him but apparently they didn't skip a beat.  

You are being weird about this, why are you taking pleasure in this guy's misfortune? You don't know why Carson left so to hold a personal grudge against someone you don't know for making a business decision that was in the best interest of his family is just weird. You act like Carson punched your mom in the face, like he personally wronged you, when he didn't. He just decided he didn't want to play for the Bengals anymore, like many other players in the past..i.e. Corey Dillon, Takeo Spikes, etc..

Get over it, if you are Bengals fan you should happy because the Bengals got a great deal for Carson. 

FWIW I don't put Palmer in the same group as Dillon or Spikes or Housh or nearly anyone else you might care to mention.  

Rather, I put him and only him in the same small group as Chad.

As for taking pleasure in his misfortune, IMHO it's not much different than when Palmer returned to Cincy as the Raiders QB and got hit so often welts covered his body.

I laughed my ass off that day, as most Bengal fans did, and I'm laughing this morning knowing Palmer's season is over and quite possibly his career.

To be fair, I do feel bad for Cardinal fans and I think Bruce Arians is a fine coach who deserves better.

But those feelings simply aren't as strong as those I have for Palmer, and as a result I get to laugh while he cries.

FWIW I don't put Palmer in the same group as Dillon or Spikes or Housh or nearly anyone else you might care to mention.  

Rather, I put him and only him in the same small group as Chad.

As for taking pleasure in his misfortune, IMHO it's not much different than when Palmer returned to Cincy as the Raiders QB and got hit so often welts covered his body.

I laughed my ass off that day, as most Bengal fans did, and I'm laughing this morning knowing Palmer's season is over and quite possibly his career.

To be fair, I do feel bad for Cardinal fans and I think Bruce Arians is a fine coach who deserves better.

But those feelings simply aren't as strong as those I have for Palmer, and as a result I get to laugh while he cries.

What a fucking weirdo lmao

Archived