I relinquish my powers as a MOD

SF2

I was asked to be a mod a while back in order to return this board to some sort of civility.  I accepted with the understanding that our discussions concerning the appropriateness of any post would be discussed in private.

Obviously, I was completely mistaken.  In a recent post that was reported by another member, OLDSCHOOLER wrote the follwing:

What are you talking about? 

My reasons are I fucking work 7 days a week.

And what time I do have I'd rather not be doing what I did for almost 10 years.

Is that OK with you? Or is that too much drama? 

Asshole, cock smoking, shit stirring motherfucker. Eat shit and die. And skip the eat shit part.

Yeah that was a personal attack. Fucking give me a warning point.

It was worth it so thanks in advance.

This was in response to this pretty tame post by Michael Weston:

This reminds me of a facebook post by a high school girl that says "“Smh why do people have to talk about me behind my back SAY IT TO MY FACE.”

Either join in the conversation or ignore it. Stop with the drama

Well, I had a problem with Oldshooler's response.  It was way over the line.  I made my opinion know to the other mods and obviously one of them ran to OLDSCHOOLER and told on me like a little bitch.  Of course OLDSCHOOLER sent me a PM about it:

It has been brought to my attention that you thought I was being a douche to Michael Weston in the "I won't be posting any articles" thread. I guess you failed to notice him insulting my without provocation? Or the numerous times he has taken jabs while I just let it be? Also you think my defending of Dalton is "troll like"? Please tell me what were Dalton bashers last season when he was setting records and taking them to the Playoffs, again? If you want to be a good Mod, you have to be fair. From what I am hearing, you're not.

Its pretty simple for me, I agreed to be MOD with the understanding that our discussions would be kept private, since that is not the case, please remove me as a mod.     Obviously, some members can say and do whatever they want.  Don't want to be a part of it.

I agree, these are conversations that should be kept between the MODs, whoever the other MOD was is who should no longer be a MOD anymore.

Yeah but we both know Oldschooler's ball washer will never admit to such.   I would rather a clean break and take my chances with the rest of you peasants.  I thought we were doing some good but obviously, certain posters have a blank check.

It should be noted that it was an Admin who posted in the thread where Old went off.. The mods didn't really get a chance to discuss the issue.  I take exception to the suggestion that I have played favorites.  I have issued more warnings to people with similar viewpoints than people with whom I disagree.

If it were my call I would have issued both MW and OS a warning as they were both out of line..  By the time I was aware of the whole thing an admin had already weighed in.

FWIW, I think everyone really is trying their best to be fair. That being said, this place has been pretty caustic the last week and a half.

This just in...but you cannot clean up a forum of football fans, teenagers, and internet tough guys.  You can only ban them.  I appreciate the effort put into being a MOD for zero return.   However, this post was unprofessional and unnecessary.  I'm dissapointed that you found it necessary to go there man you and oldschooler both seem pretty cool to me.       

I reported one of Oldschoolers posts. I suggested he been given a timeout.     It got to him and so I got a personal message from him.   Nothing mean.    So clearly somebody went and told, but whatever.  

Oldschooler used to be a fun member on this board but whatever happened to him his posts seem to follow the pattern of Jet fuel flaming and alot times it seems intended to derail any type of discussion being had.

Grima Wormtongue: His staff. I told you to take the Wizard's staff. 

Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi: If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

Galadriel: You offer it to me freely? I do not deny that my heart has greatly desired this...In the place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair! ... I have passed the test. I will diminish, and go into the West, and remain Galadriel. 

It should be noted that it was an Admin who posted in the thread where Old went off.. The mods didn't really get a chance to discuss the issue.  I take exception to the suggestion that I have played favorites.  I have issued more warnings to people with similar viewpoints than people with whom I disagree.

If it were my call I would have issued both MW and OS a warning as they were both out of line..  By the time I was aware of the whole thing an admin had already weighed in.

FWIW, I think everyone really is trying their best to be fair. That being said, this place has been pretty caustic the last week and a half.

And that was my fuck up.  Both should have been given a warning, so I apologize for dropping the ball on that one.  

I basically don't care what folks post or even if they slam me or someone else.
But I've def noticed the past few weeks. If you're in the click you can attack and name call. While others get warned. Not cool at all

I guess I'm not in the click...I called Hair on Fire a fucking loser and my post was deleted (as it should have been).

Why do people get so upset?  When you're around your friends and you call each other names, do you get pissed off?

Damn--everybody is SO SENSITIVE!

I guess I'm not in the click...I called Hair on Fire a fucking loser and my post was deleted (as it should have been).

Why do people get so upset?  When you're around your friends and you call each other names, do you get pissed off?

Damn--everybody is SO SENSITIVE!

I'm having a hard time understanding why there is so much drama over a football message board; it's absurd at times... 

This just in...but you cannot clean up a forum of football fans, teenagers, and internet tough guys.  You can only ban them.  I appreciate the effort put into being a MOD for zero return.   However, this post was unprofessional and unnecessary.  I'm dissapointed that you found it necessary to go there man you and oldschooler both seem pretty cool to me.       

Sorry but selling me out behind my back and then having Oldschooler call me out is ridiculous.  If he can post anything he wants and certain mods (I have no idea which one) will have his back then there is no reason to have mods. 

The cold hard fact is if you don't agree with Oldschooler, he treats you like shit...always has.  He shouldn't get a blank check to respond anyway he wants while others are getting warnings and timeouts just because he used to post here a lot.  

Sorry but selling me out behind my back and then having Oldschooler call me out is ridiculous.  If he can post anything he wants and certain mods (I have no idea which one) will have his back then there is no reason to have mods. 

The cold hard fact is if you don't agree with Oldschooler, he treats you like shit...always has.  He shouldn't get a blank check to respond anyway he wants while others are getting warnings and timeouts just because he used to post here a lot.  

I agree, ...the board should be more open for all to post all thoughts, ...no warnings, ...no timeouts.

20/20 hindsight but the post(s) should have simply been deleted.

Personally, I am very cool with both Old and MW... I thought Old's

post was very out of character and, as too often happens on these

sites (using myself as a prime example), I too often post something

out-of-line when the problem is something else and not even close

to related to the thread or board.  And I regret posting it.

I have been in a particularly vile mood since the loss Thursday and the

long lay off between games is fueling that fire.  And all the subtopics that

go with it, specifically, I have had season tics for a number of years and am

really going to be hard pressed to renew for another go-round of the same

old feces or another half dozen years of rebuilding.

And, like everyone, some stuff on the home front not particularly peachy, either,

BUT... we can ALL say that and many/most have it rougher than I do.

But back to the gist of the thread... the two key phrases I pull out of it are

"clique" and "blank check".

Not advocating banning but deletions of posts and off board PMs from Mods

to cool one's jets and lighten up minus warnings or time outs (sounds so childish)

would perhaps be more appropriate.  

I stopped giving a flying fuck about what is posted/how posted/to whom posted, a long long time ago.

TBH...I would rather see the cage matches, as opposed to the incessant written desires to kill Andy Dalton's children and castrations of Marvin Lewis...all while the team sits .5 games out of first place and 7 games to go. It's a helluva lot more fun.    

Mystery Solved.

Oldschooler's secondary member group was still in the moderator group.  That's why he never showed up in the moderator lists (time to run a fucking audit)  :glare:

Ryan had altered his ability to suspend members, but never removed him as a mod and when we changed the mod groups, neither of us thought to check.  I removed that group. 

I am so sorry guys, especially you, SF2.

I would also like to apologize to the board at large for this clusterfuck, as it was my bungling of the posts in question that precipitated this fiasco in the first place instead of allowing the mods do the job we asked them to do.

Edited:  Montana removed the image.

Archived