I relinquish my powers as a MOD

SF2

I guess I'm not in the click...I called Hair on Fire a fucking loser and my post was deleted (as it should have been).

Why do people get so upset?  When you're around your friends and you call each other names, do you get pissed off?

Damn--everybody is SO SENSITIVE!

At least you got to tell him again in this post 😂😂😂😂😂

I stopped giving a flying fuck about what is posted/how posted/to whom posted, a long long time ago.

TBH...I would rather see the cage matches, as opposed to the incessant written desires to kill Andy Dalton's children and castrations of Marvin Lewis...all while the team sits .5 games out of first place and 7 games to go. It's a helluva lot more fun.    

Great post

I was asked to be a mod a while back in order to return this board to some sort of civility.  I accepted with the understanding that our discussions concerning the appropriateness of any post would be discussed in private.

Obviously, I was completely mistaken.  In a recent post that was reported by another member, OLDSCHOOLER wrote the follwing:

What are you talking about? 

My reasons are I fucking work 7 days a week.

And what time I do have I'd rather not be doing what I did for almost 10 years.

Is that OK with you? Or is that too much drama? 

Asshole, cock smoking, shit stirring motherfucker. Eat shit and die. And skip the eat shit part.

Yeah that was a personal attack. Fucking give me a warning point.

It was worth it so thanks in advance.

This was in response to this pretty tame post by Michael Weston:

This reminds me of a facebook post by a high school girl that says "“Smh why do people have to talk about me behind my back SAY IT TO MY FACE.”

Either join in the conversation or ignore it. Stop with the drama

Well, I had a problem with Oldshooler's response.  It was way over the line.  I made my opinion know to the other mods and obviously one of them ran to OLDSCHOOLER and told on me like a little bitch.  Of course OLDSCHOOLER sent me a PM about it:

It has been brought to my attention that you thought I was being a douche to Michael Weston in the "I won't be posting any articles" thread. I guess you failed to notice him insulting my without provocation? Or the numerous times he has taken jabs while I just let it be? Also you think my defending of Dalton is "troll like"? Please tell me what were Dalton bashers last season when he was setting records and taking them to the Playoffs, again? If you want to be a good Mod, you have to be fair. From what I am hearing, you're not.

Its pretty simple for me, I agreed to be MOD with the understanding that our discussions would be kept private, since that is not the case, please remove me as a mod.     Obviously, some members can say and do whatever they want.  Don't want to be a part of it.

I think we need you as a Mod because of the above reasons. Would love it if you would stay. 

I reported one of Oldschoolers posts. I suggested he been given a timeout.     It got to him and so I got a personal message from him.   Nothing mean.    So clearly somebody went and told, but whatever.  

Oldschooler used to be a fun member on this board but whatever happened to him his posts seem to follow the pattern of Jet fuel flaming and alot times it seems intended to derail any type of discussion being had.

100%. He seems to have an opinion that is pretty foreclosed upon. 

Makes me wish I was a bag of popcorn.

MW, ...all your posts are just good reasons why we shouldn't be editing, filtering, or banning any posters.

We need to be a more open board, ...not closed.

Yes.    Everyone take your clothes of and post naked. 

Why do I get a warning? He was just throwing in passive aggressive very vague comments that were not meant for anything but jet fuel. 

Agree.  I thought your response was clever at best but hardly worthy of any type of punishment.   As I have said, there are certain posters you simply can't disagree with or make your differing opinion know to.  

I have taken a very backseat approach to warnings and punishment.  I don't mind a little jab here and there and neither should the rest of the board.  A few people are here to do nothing more than stir the pot.  We all know who they are.  

Andy seems to be the catalyst to most issues.  My opinion is if you support him 100% and find little fault in his play, you are delusional.  If you think he is 100% of problem then again you are delusional.  You should be able to DEFEND your position regardless but your defense can not be that Gresham sucks therefore Andy throws passes 10 feet over his head.  That shit don't fly.

This just in...but you cannot clean up a forum of football fans, teenagers, and internet tough guys.  You can only ban them.  I appreciate the effort put into being a MOD for zero return.   However, this post was unprofessional and unnecessary.  I'm dissapointed that you found it necessary to go there man you and oldschooler both seem pretty cool to me.       

x2.  

Sorry but selling me out behind my back and then having Oldschooler call me out is ridiculous.  If he can post anything he wants and certain mods (I have no idea which one) will have his back then there is no reason to have mods. 

The cold hard fact is if you don't agree with Oldschooler, he treats you like shit...always has.  He shouldn't get a blank check to respond anyway he wants while others are getting warnings and timeouts just because he used to post here a lot.  

SF - I understand why you are pissed.  If there is a double standard then the mods need to talk about it.  However, you are better then this post.  I'm actually on your side that there is a double standard that needs to be dealt with.  For me...I don't really give a crap what people post.  It's the internet and the internet doesn't hurt my feelings.  I just come here for a laugh...and today was epic.  Bengals board meltdown...11/14/14   

Are we no longer the black sheep of the Bengals family? 

Where is the board that we all gravitated to because it was open, ...our Bohemian paradise, ...lost.

yeah, stop trying to bring your Obamacare net nutralitity on this oawsome site, Go-Bengals

Agree.  I thought your response was clever at best but hardly worthy of any type of punishment.   As I have said, there are certain posters you simply can't disagree with or make your differing opinion know to.  

I have taken a very backseat approach to warnings and punishment.  I don't mind a little jab here and there and neither should the rest of the board.  A few people are here to do nothing more than stir the pot.  We all know who they are.  

Andy seems to be the catalyst to most issues.  My opinion is if you support him 100% and find little fault in his play, you are delusional.  If you think he is 100% of problem then again you are delusional.  You should be able to DEFEND your position regardless but your defense can not be that Gresham sucks therefore Andy throws passes 10 feet over his head.  That shit don't fly.

FTR I am the one who championed you for mod for precisely this reason.. And because you and I almost always sit on opposite sides on issues, yet I have always found you to be a fair poster. Someone Intellectually honest who understands how to have a civil debate.  We need voices like yours in the mod group.  We need people who think a little differently and are able to express themselves with some eloquence.

I think you fit that bill just fine, and I am sorry to hear you want to quit since I think yours is a valuable voice in the group.  I thought you would make a great mod then, and I still think so now. I hope you will reconsider.

Archived