GY6 150cc Rebuild...

Numbers

Over the last few days I have been breathing new life back into a full suspension kart. Kinda like a red neck golf cart.

I am almost done but want to straighten out the wiring mess that resides throughout the entire kart. Thinking I had the correct schematic I embarked on what I thought would be an easy journey. Surprise surprise. I now have a full set of electronic gear for both an AC unit or a DC unit.

Questions...

1. Should I run AC or DC ? Note: I have performance parts for AC but stock parts for DC.

2. I can't seem to locate the original wiring diagrams for a 2007 Carter Talon. Ohio has a bunch more scooter stores than here. All of them here are possessive of the information and want you to bring it in to be worked on. I understand their business is making money but for something I believe I can do myself, I don't want to pay.

3. What's the best winter time oil ? I have an overabundance of 10w 40 available. No other weight of oil on hand. However, I live about 10 minutes away from 3 different auto parts stores.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
New engine went in last week. Performance exhaust was going in the other day but realized I needed a muffler mounting bolt on the case. Needless to say I had to remove the kick starter mechanism which the buggy doesn't need and swap out the old bolt from the previous engine. Took the cover off and the gasket disintegrated. Even though it's not a fluid or air retention type of gasket I still used Ultra Black Gasket Maker. Ok I can put the exhaust on... Nope, gotta wait because my exhaust kit did not include the crush gasket. Another familiar wait for parts episode. Will include some pictures soon when transferred from phone. Wiring mess is figured out but still want to make a new harness with water tight connectors and better wiring...

Archived