*** Just a statement about some things. ***

GoBengals

From the song:

"It's more to me Old than just a job forum, while I'm playing he's posting, you won't get robbed, nobody tells a man how to play post, it just ain't that way,"

perfect

Video with slideshow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c291intV_w

There have been no conversations. None at all. 
I was in the same position I was in for years. What did I do to change things?
Bunghole was a Mod when I was. How come he is still a Mod? What did he do
better than me? Sorry Bung, not trying to throw you under the bus, just asking.
I never abused my powers. I never even used my powers except to merge threads
and edit titles. Hell I edited a few titles and merged threads since the new Mod team was installed.
The Devon Still's daughter has Cancer is one of them  that I edited. Again all I did was threaten
to suspend someone. That's all. No one ever asked me to stop being a Mod. No one ever told
me that what little power I had left was going to be taken away. 

And after all I did for this place I think I deserved better. Maybe I'm wrong? Just my opinion.

I think it is funny some people are frustrated that I read super secret private stuff.
Yet make public threads about others doing stuff in private. Seems pretty hypocritical to me.

But I wasn't trying to make this about me. I was making it about the board and the way it is ran.

2 things is my guess

1. You were not posting much here around the time of the change.
2. When you were you were grumpy.

I'm telling you - Whatever personal issues or affront's you are feeling, you need to discuss via a PM with Go.

Nothing personal. Obviously this place has issues. And has had them for some time.

This isn't something that is exclusive to just me. Go made a thread addressing issues.

I am commenting in that thread. Why should that be taken to PM? 

And I am not stirring shit up. I tried to talk to some members here privately.

Public threads keep getting made. One was totally about me. Why shouldn't

I comment to them? Only people that want to thank Go and talk about how long

they have been a member are allowed to comment? 

I respect you Montana. So please don't apply a dickish tone to my words. 

I am trying to help fix something I helped build. That is all. 

From the song:

"It's more to me Old than just a job forum, while I'm playing he's posting, you won't get robbed, nobody tells a man how to play post, it just ain't that way,"

perfect

Video with slideshow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c291intV_w

If you think that song is good then I am OK with you thinking my songs suck.

Good Lord. 

Why did you ban sneaky (O-N-Y-X) then? I mean shit his name can't even be mentioned here because

you have a filter on it. 

Why do you care if people are privately inviting others to join other boards?

Publicly doing it makes it better? 

Why not ask people why they are wanting to leave this board for other boards? 

And if you want to eliminate harmful drama. why would you not reach out to people privately?

Or why would shit that was private be made public? 

You have never reached out to me. Just took powers away. And even this last episode that involved me, only one person

on your Moderator team reached out to me. MontanaBengal. The rest of your team just saw it

fit to close and move the thread and completely ignore me. 

I am really disappointed by the way things are done here for the past few years.

And obviously so are others. That's why they are inviting people to leave.

onyx isn't banned, he was online and logged in 2 weeks ago.

i will gladly find the bad word filter and remove his filter, sure as hell didn't remember that happened.. it was quite some time ago.

i am sure the jerome fat fuck bettis isn't relevant anymore either.... and anything that happened to onyx, was mild at most, putting in a word filter to make it say sneaky was comical at the time, after all he was mass spamming members, making everyone a MOD/admin on his board to bribe them over, and had a sig the size of my screen, which i asked him to reduce several times... 

oldschooler, you have always been a staple of this place, i have thought so much of you over the years, everyone has, we all know you helped build this place to what it once was.

If you no longer what to be a part of it in any facet, I understand, but after reading a page+ of what was a positive thread, to make the decision to shit on it pretty much sums up "whats wrong with this place".  If you have a problem with something, or disagree with something... taking a dump on a topic isn't really likely to be the best way to handle it.

whats wrong with PMing them? pretty sure i clearly stated people complained about getting spammed... as if there isn't enough BS going on, for people to take time to send a PM to a mod(more than one) to say "i keep getting these PM's, everyone knows the other board exists, can i block PM's from certain people?".. is why we wanted it to stop...

so to publicly state, that hey, there are other boards, check em out.. eliminates the need for people to be PM'd for something they likely already know.

I can see pm stats.. the average number of PM stats per day is 6... the number the day before a mod got a complaint, was 31... so its not like 1 person got a single private PM, its likely a copy and paste of the same message to multiple people...

Everything here doesn't need to be an emotional reaction.

what exactly did you hope to accomplish by these posts? these type posts are the problem.

just to comment on the PM request from montana... i will refer back to my previous statement... it was a positive thread, good memories, talking about old times, old members, good times... voicing your thoughts to myself, a mod, several mods, etc, instead of shitting on a good thread... would have been better for everyone...

now several people have spent time addressing you ripping the thread apart that was a positive good thread..

what do you want, exactly?

onyx isn't banned, he was online and logged in 2 weeks ago.

i will gladly find the bad word filter and remove his filter, sure as hell didn't remember that happened.. it was quite some time ago.

i am sure the jerome fat fuck bettis isn't relevant anymore either.... and anything that happened to onyx, was mild at most, putting in a word filter to make it say sneaky was comical at the time, after all he was mass spamming members, making everyone a MOD/admin on his board to bribe them over, and had a sig the size of my screen, which i asked him to reduce several times... 

oldschooler, you have always been a staple of this place, i have thought so much of you over the years, everyone has, we all know you helped build this place to what it once was.

If you no longer what to be a part of it in any facet, I understand, but after reading a page+ of what was a positive thread, to make the decision to shit on it pretty much sums up "whats wrong with this place".  If you have a problem with something, or disagree with something... taking a dump on a topic isn't really likely to be the best way to handle it.

whats wrong with PMing them? pretty sure i clearly stated people complained about getting spammed... as if there isn't enough BS going on, for people to take time to send a PM to a mod(more than one) to say "i keep getting these PM's, everyone knows the other board exists, can i block PM's from certain people?".. is why we wanted it to stop...

so to publicly state, that hey, there are other boards, check em out.. eliminates the need for people to be PM'd for something they likely already know.

I can see pm stats.. the average number of PM stats per day is 6... the number the day before a mod got a complaint, was 31... so its not like 1 person got a single private PM, its likely a copy and paste of the same message to multiple people...

Everything here doesn't need to be an emotional reaction.

what exactly did you hope to accomplish by these posts? these type posts are the problem.

just to comment on the PM request from montana... i will refer back to my previous statement... it was a positive thread, good memories, talking about old times, old members, good times... voicing your thoughts to myself, a mod, several mods, etc, instead of shitting on a good thread... would have been better for everyone...

now several people have spent time addressing you ripping the thread apart that was a positive good thread..

what do you want, exactly?

Wait. You want to act like me airing grievances in a thread you made about people having 

grievances is what's wrong with this board? Seriously? This thread was started because

you have good valuable members defecting and they want to let other good people know 

that if they want another option, here it is. But yet, it was a positive thread?

I shouldn't have had to PM you or anyone else. I mean all my powers were stripped 

without you or anyone else even farting my way. You made it look like and made me

feel like I was part of the problem here. When in all actuality Carson quitting and Brat

being fired is when the major problems started. I dedicated a lot of my time, energy and effort

to help this place grow. I used to go to other boards and pimp this place. I used to

have the link to this place in my signatures. I used to have the link to this place on

my Twitter. I used to tweet telling people to come to the Best Bengals Site on the Net!

and would add hashtags of trending tops like #JustinBeiber or just #WhoDey or #Bengals

to try and attract as many people here as possible. I didn't do any of that for monetary

gain. I did it because I loved this place and wanted to see it grow.It frustrated me to no

ends to see you turn against this team and start posting things that you would have banned

others over in the past. Your tact turned a lot of people away. I am not laying it all on you.

I guess it was just the perfect shit storm that included a lot of us. And that includes me. But I do truly love this place.

And I without a doubt believe even with all the issues, it remains The Best Bengals Site on the Net! :headbang:

Anyway I see you sent me a PM. I will take the conversation there. But to answer your question

about what it is it I want? I want valuable long time members to be treated with respect. They helped

make this place too. And obviously they love this place and want to remain members here.

And I want to be part of the solution. That's all. I hope we can work together to rebuild this place

to be better than it ever was before. Who Dey! 

its sad the lies and deceit that's being spread in this thread.  

First and foremost, all of this should be taking place behind closed doors, but Go has chosen to make it all public and made no attempt to talk privately.  So lets everyone lay their cards on the table.

Let's stop trying to pass this off as a "positive thread allowing others to post on multiple sites".  

That's not what it is, It was a veiled shot at me, and I was going to keep quiet about it, but the lies keep coming.  

Thursday night I came home to find that I no longer had the ability to receive and send PM's.  At the same time, Go publicly started this thread stating that the board was being spammed, and that he doesn't want to hold anyone hostage from joining other sites as well as here.  Yet behind the scenes, he's taken steps to prevent members from joining one specific site...

That's what we're dealing with here.  

Yes I've PM'ed members asking them if they'd like to join some of us on another site, as well as still posting here.  No one has ever been asked to ever leave Go-Bengals.com.  

No one is spamming anyone.  If one day there were 31 PM's on the site, its one heck of a coincidence because it wasn't because of me. I haven't ever sent more than maybe 5 or 6 PM's in a day, and not all related to reaching out to new members.  No one is being harassed.  

Much of the members that have joined over there, have sought us out, but that ability has now conveniently been taken away...while Go publicly feigns willingness for members to join other sites.  As long as its not one specific site.  Go knows that football pros doesn't have public registration at the moment, and that members can only register by PM'ing me.  Privately, he's taken away their ability to contact me.

Again, I wish all of this was taking place behind closed doors.  I tried to reach out to Go 6 months ago, he blew me off.  Others have reached out to him in the past about past issues, he's blown them off.  The issues between Go and oldschooler, are because Go has been unwilling to talk to him privately.  

This has all become very personal to Go, and he feels hurt.  I get that.  It's not personal for anyone else though.  No one is trying to hurt Go, or this site.  I know that the whole Onyx thing was very personal between the two.  This whole venture has nothing to do with trying to hurt Go.  It's simply about wanting to talk football.

To give the full background, a few years ago a group of us were speaking over PM about football topics and it was a running conversation for 3 years.  As time went on, sometimes the topic turned to "what will we do if something ever happens to this place we all love?"  It had become apparent to many that after Go moved away from Ohio, he seemed to lose interest in the site and in the team, and we were concerned that eventually he'd just stop wanting the site.  Maybe that wasn't reality, but we wanted to prepare for the worst.  

As this place devolved into constant in-fighting, that same group had become convinced that meaningful football conversation could no longer take place on this site on a consistent basis, so we sought out a side site that we could also post on as well as here.  

We reached out to other posters we respected and thought would be positive contributors to the community and would respect everyone's opinions even if they didn't agree with them. 

In total over 6 months maybe 50 members have been reached out to privately.  That's .008% of the Go-Bengals membership for the stat geeks in the audience. About 85% of those PM'ed, have joined.  So if there's been any complaints, its been very, very few.  Another 30 or so have sought us out. Those 30 only even knew about the site because Go made a public scene about it. About 95% of the members visit/post actively on both sites daily. Why can't both just co-exist?

No member of the site has ever publicly promoted the site on Go-Bengals.com . In fact, the only two times to my knowledge the site has even been linked has been by Go.  We've tried to be as respectful about it as possible as to not disrupt Go-Bengals.com.  We're not trying to scheme behind the scenes, we were trying NOT to make a scene and cause trouble on the site.  

There are no agendas, there is no scheming, and ABSOLUTELY NO ONE is trying to harm Go-Bengals.com.   This is ALL about wanting to talk football, and having a place to actually accomplish it.  

No one wants to see this site go away.  I think I can speak for every member of the site when I say that we all appreciate what Go has done over the last 10 years in giving us a "home".

Once again, this all should be taking place privately, but that doesn't seem possible at this point, and its certainly disappointing that it all has to take place on a gameday morning when our team is in first place.  Again, I tried to have this conversation privately with Go 6 months ago.  He wasn't willing to talk.  I wish it had all just been cleared up then.  There's been no effort by Go to talk in more than 6 months.  

So there it is, cards on the table.  No one is scheming to end this place or to harm it.  People just want to talk football.  That's really all there is to it.  It's not about scheming, hurting anyone, asking someone to choose one site over the other, or any of that nonsense. If, as the original post in this thread claims and people can join other sites, why is that ability being curtailed privately?

its sad the lies and deceit that's being spread in this thread.  

First and foremost, all of this should be taking place behind closed doors, but Go has chosen to make it all public and made no attempt to talk privately.  So lets everyone lay their cards on the table.

Let's stop trying to pass this off as a "positive thread allowing others to post on multiple sites".  

That's not what it is, It was a veiled shot at me, and I was going to keep quiet about it, but the lies keep coming.  

Thursday night I came home to find that I no longer had the ability to receive and send PM's.  At the same time, Go publicly started this thread stating that the board was being spammed, and that he doesn't want to hold anyone hostage from joining other sites as well as here.  Yet behind the scenes, he's taken steps to prevent members from joining one specific site...

That's what we're dealing with here.  

Yes I've PM'ed members asking them if they'd like to join some of us on another site, as well as still posting here.  No one has ever been asked to ever leave Go-Bengals.com.  

No one is spamming anyone.  If one day there were 31 PM's on the site, its one heck of a coincidence because it wasn't because of me. I haven't ever sent more than maybe 5 or 6 PM's in a day, and not all related to reaching out to new members.  No one is being harassed.  

Much of the members that have joined over there, have sought us out, but that ability has now conveniently been taken away...while Go publicly feigns willingness for members to join other sites.  As long as its not one specific site.  Go knows that football pros doesn't have public registration at the moment, and that members can only register by PM'ing me.  Privately, he's taken away their ability to contact me.

Again, I wish all of this was taking place behind closed doors.  I tried to reach out to Go 6 months ago, he blew me off.  Others have reached out to him in the past about past issues, he's blown them off.  The issues between Go and oldschooler, are because Go has been unwilling to talk to him privately.  

This has all become very personal to Go, and he feels hurt.  I get that.  It's not personal for anyone else though.  No one is trying to hurt Go, or this site.  I know that the whole Onyx thing was very personal between the two.  This whole venture has nothing to do with trying to hurt Go.  It's simply about wanting to talk football.

To give the full background, a few years ago a group of us were speaking over PM about football topics and it was a running conversation for 3 years.  As time went on, sometimes the topic turned to "what will we do if something ever happens to this place we all love?"  It had become apparent to many that after Go moved away from Ohio, he seemed to lose interest in the site and in the team, and we were concerned that eventually he'd just stop wanting the site.  Maybe that wasn't reality, but we wanted to prepare for the worst.  

As this place devolved into constant in-fighting, that same group had become convinced that meaningful football conversation could no longer take place on this site on a consistent basis, so we sought out a side site that we could also post on as well as here.  

We reached out to other posters we respected and thought would be positive contributors to the community and would respect everyone's opinions even if they didn't agree with them. 

In total over 6 months maybe 50 members have been reached out to privately.  That's .008% of the Go-Bengals membership for the stat geeks in the audience. About 85% of those PM'ed, have joined.  So if there's been any complaints, its been very, very few.  Another 30 or so have sought us out. Those 30 only even knew about the site because Go made a public scene about it. About 95% of the members visit/post actively on both sites daily. Why can't both just co-exist?

No member of the site has ever publicly promoted the site on Go-Bengals.com . In fact, the only two times to my knowledge the site has even been linked has been by Go.  We've tried to be as respectful about it as possible as to not disrupt Go-Bengals.com.  We're not trying to scheme behind the scenes, we were trying NOT to make a scene and cause trouble on the site.  

There are no agendas, there is no scheming, and ABSOLUTELY NO ONE is trying to harm Go-Bengals.com.   This is ALL about wanting to talk football, and having a place to actually accomplish it.  

No one wants to see this site go away.  I think I can speak for every member of the site when I say that we all appreciate what Go has done over the last 10 years in giving us a "home".

Once again, this all should be taking place privately, but that doesn't seem possible at this point, and its certainly disappointing that it all has to take place on a gameday morning when our team is in first place.  Again, I tried to have this conversation privately with Go 6 months ago.  He wasn't willing to talk.  I wish it had all just been cleared up then.  There's been no effort by Go to talk in more than 6 months.  

So there it is, cards on the table.  No one is scheming to end this place or to harm it.  People just want to talk football.  That's really all there is to it.  It's not about scheming, hurting anyone, asking someone to choose one site over the other, or any of that nonsense. If, as the original post in this thread claims and people can join other sites, why is that ability being curtailed privately?

Because he doesn't want you recruiting for the other site on his site.

Also this place had almost zero meltdowns for a very long time after the transition. There was tons of great football talk. I'm not sure why this stuff is popping up now. It's been great here. The mods have been great. No meltdowns or rabbit holes. If it's going that direction it is nipped in the butt.

Um on second thought, ban Old

Check twitter. I hope this helps me be cooler and keeps the ban hammer from being dropped on me. lol 

Anyway. I was on a Site called NewBengals that was ran by a guy named Barry McCoy. It was the only place

around when John Thornton shut his forum down. I got a PM from Creech Nasty telling me "If you value your

life follow me!" with a link to this Site. Truer words were never spoken. lol That was back in October 2004.

I had 4 month old twin boys and lived on the Kentucky-Tennessee border. 10 years later my twins are almost

as tall as me and I live in BFE cold as fuck Wiscansin (no I didn't spell it wrong, that's how they say it here) 

I never had any real friends here and I had a job that had a computer around. So I used that computer to 

help this site and to make friends. I looked at this place like a bar where my friends and I would talk about

our favorite team or whatever topic that was trending that day.I still consider a lot of people here friends.

Even though I have only met one person in real life. I would love to meet a lot more in my remaining days.

Let's all do what we can to try and get this place back to a true community/ bar feeling. Every one of us

has at least one thing in common that keeps us coming back here. And that is our love for the Bengals.

So keep that in mind when talking to each other. And try to remember there is a person behind the ID.

You can disagree and still respect one another. Because at the end of the day we all want the same thing here.

Wow - I'm glad you guys took this to PM.  Thanks guys.

1181 can't PM. So how else is he supposed to communicate on the topic? 

I think it is good to throw it all out there. This is a board issue that invloves

more than one or two people. 

I did try to give it a more positive feel, back on track, though. 

Seriously. I am here to help. 

Archived