Guys who look like potential Bengals

I'll get the list started and try to add along the way. Feel free to add your own and/or critique my additions.

ncf_i_laelcollins_ms_400x600.jpg

La'el Collins (LSU, OT)-We love those huge SEC guys (reportedly we loved DJ Fluker) like Andre Smith and Collins fits that mold. His versatility is also a huge plus for 2015 since we will still have Smith and Whitworth under contract. We need a versatile, talented young OL and Collins is one of a handful that look like they would be good fits. Unlike Scherff and some of the other top guys, Collins could slide to the late 1st.

daneal.jpg

Danielle Hunter (LSU, DE)-Hunter is very tall and very long. Seems like that is pretty much a must for our DE picks these days. Oakman from Baylor also fits the mold perfectly, but looks like he is going to go top 10. He always seems to make plays and bats down a ton of passes. I could see us trying to add another DE across from Dunlap. Hunt looks like he is a little bit of a bust. Who knows what we have in the rookie? Geathers is about done and Gilberry will be going into the final year of his contract. After OT, DE is the 2nd biggest need IMO.

7_3061704.jpg

Bernardrick McKinney (LB, Miss. St.)- We have been targeting length and size all over the place on defense and McKinney really fits the bill. He's kind of a combination of the best of both Emmanuel Lamur and Rey Maualuga. He is a thumper but also a tall, long-armed guy who covers well. Hopefully we can bring Rey M. back in free agency to go along with Burfict and Lamur, but adding another talented LB to the mix should be an early round priority.

heuerman620.jpg

Jeff Heuerman (TE, Ohio St.)- Just an all around good player who can block well, has decent speed and good hands. It's a weak TE group but Heuerman should be near the top of the class and should go round 3 or 4. With Gresham a FA and Eifert an injury question mark, the Bengals really need to add to the depth at the position and an all around TE who can block well should be a priority in the mid-rounds. 

QB?  Unless you are talking about "regime change" that's not happening.  Dalton is the starter, not sure how long Campbell is signed for, but he's the backup for now and McCarron to be developed.

I'm thinking more of a developmental backup in the mold of drafting McCarron last year but maybe with a little more to it. There has to be some doubt about Dalton long term. Campbell is a Free Agent. Any ideas?

I really like Jaelen Strong this year, but wouldn't use a first round pick on him.  Vic Beasley would be my dream pick thus far, but I haven't really followed and probably won't until after the season.

The only way I see us going LB in the first 3 rounds is if they let Maualuga walk. I'm not sure if that happens or not. With Zimmer gone, I don't know if Paul G will want him back or not. But he has played better since returning (other than a couple of over runs against Tampa). Even if they let him walk I think Taze stays at WLB and they draft a MLB.

Archived