Ben Roethlisberger: I hope we don’t run Le’Veon Bell into the ground

Ben Roethlisberger: I hope we don’t run Le’Veon Bell into the ground
Posted by Josh Alper on December 2, 2014, 2:23 PM EST

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjj

Getty Images

The Steelers cut running back LeGarrette Blount two weeks ago, a day after giving Le’Veon Bell 33 carries in a Monday night victory over the Titans.

Bell played on all but three snaps in that game and all but seven against the Jets the prior week, an upward trend that continued against the Saints. Bell had 21 more carries last Sunday and added eight catches while playing on 88 of the team’s 90 offensive snaps in a 35-32 loss. On Tuesday, coach Mike Tomlin said, via Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, that he wasn’t worried about over working Bell because Bell has the “pedigree” for the job.

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger didn’t disagree with Bell’s ability to handle the job, but admitted to more concern than Tomlin

“I don’t know of a running back since I’ve been here that has been able to basically play every single snap,” Roethlisberger said on 93.7 The Fan.  “I think that speaks volumes for his conditioning and the work that he has put in.  But you do have to be careful.  I hope we don’t run him into the ground, if you will.  It’s that stretch of the year where everyone is going to give it everything they have and I know he probably wants to be in there every single play because that’s the kind of player he is.”

As Roethlisberger noted, it’s that stretch of the year when teams fighting for playoff spots are going to lean on their best players. The Steelers are in such a fight and Bell’s usage and production make it clear he’s one of their biggest threats, so we’ll find out how he holds up under a heavy workload in the next four weeks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/02/ben-roethlisberger-i-hope-we-dont-run-leveon-bell-into-the-ground/

Like Ben I also have a hope...I hope on bells first carry Vontaze snaps his fucking leg off and beats Ben in the face with the bloody stump, then shoves it up Antonio Browns ass, pulls it out and jam it in Tomlins mouth and only get an offsides penalty.

I always appreciate your restraint, Joker.

Like Ben I also have a hope...I hope on bells first carry Vontaze snaps his fucking leg off and beats Ben in the face with the bloody stump, then shoves it up Antonio Browns ass, pulls it out and jam it in Tomlins mouth and only get an offsides penalty.

He doesn't break Whines Hard's jaw with it? Too bad.

We'd better start tackling better at the second level if we're going to stop Bell. It sounds silly but I do think that if we can force Ben to throw more often than not that we'll win that battle because our secondary is actually pretty good.

We'd better start tackling better at the second level if we're going to stop Bell. It sounds silly but I do think that if we can force Ben to throw more often than not that we'll win that battle because our secondary is actually pretty good.

I don't realistically see us stopping Bell. We gotta get some turnovers on defense and play solid on offense. It's not like they go away from Bell when they're down. He just starts destroying teams in the passing game.

Ben's a bit of a humanitarian.  His concern for Bell's career and health is so touching, it almost makes me forget Ben is a rapist and all-around reprehensible human being.  

Would love to see him knocked out of this game in the first half, but since he's an indestructible decepticon, I guess the best I can hope for is the usual "I'm hurt but I'm soldiering through it" drama, then he keeps plays alive for an hour and throws 30 yard strikes downfield.  

Nah, Hill will be better than Bell.

If we're fantasizing about Bell in stripes the first question that comes to mind is how effective would Bell's patient running style be in Cincy? 

Just guessing but I think his number of no-gain or negative carries would increase dramatically here.

Not saying he still wouldn't still be a balanced dynamic playmaker, but I do think his averages would suffer.

If we're fantasizing about Bell in stripes the first question that comes to mind is how effective would Bell's patient running style be in Cincy? 

Just guessing but I think his number of no-gain or negative carries would increase dramatically here.

Not saying he still wouldn't still be a balanced dynamic playmaker, but I do think his averages would suffer.

Hill is patient. He just has excellent vision and almost never fucks up selecting when/where to go.

While Im not one to ever link to a Bleacher Report article, I thought you would like to know that their injury expert, Will Carroll, is reporting Wednesday that Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has a fractured hamate bone in the wrist of his throwing hand as a result of him hitting the hand of New Orleans Saints linebacker Curtis Lofton in the first quarter of Sundays game.

While Im not one to ever link to a Bleacher Report article, I thought you would like to know that their injury expert, Will Carroll, is reporting Wednesday that Pittsburgh Stealers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has a fractured hamate bone in the wrist of his throwing hand as a result of him hitting the hand of New Orleans Saints linebacker Curtis Lofton in the first quarter of Sundays game.

I thought the hamate bone was in the vagina

Archived