Cable Modems

Cat

on a positive sidenote, comcast is doubling all the speeds in denver for free (thanks century link fiber) so my comcast will be 100MB starting in january...  and with the hookup from an employee i pay $41.99 after taxes and all..

i may be the only happy comcast customer ever currently...

on a positive sidenote, comcast is doubling all the speeds in denver for free (thanks century link fiber) so my comcast will be 100MB starting in january...  and with the hookup from an employee i pay $41.99 after taxes and all..

Cox did the same thanks to Century Link fiber. I routinely hit 150 mb+ down with a DOCIS3 modem...

My experience has been a 3 year life expectancy.  After that they tend to get flaky needing reboots, etc.

Fourteen months is a really short time though.  Sounds like you might have just gotten a bad one.  Which model was it?

ARRIS / Motorola SB6121 SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0

I picked up a new one, but after not working all day, the old one seemed stable last night... so I'm going to see what it does today before I crack the seal on this one.

ARRIS / Motorola SB6121 SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0

I picked up a new one, but after not working all day, the old one seemed stable last night... so I'm going to see what it does today before I crack the seal on this one.

That's really odd.  I have the SB6120 and it has been rock solid for well over 2 years.  There were a few times where I thought I was having issues, but it turned out to be an issue with my ISP.  The tech even said "Those things almost never go bad". 

i'd like to thank comcast for getting scared of century links gig internet...

3993425512.png

I'm in the same boat. I live on the very fringe of Comcast's coverage and I am happy I do for their internet speeds alone. I was paying for 50MB down and they out of the blue offered me 100MB speed upgrade for free due to the Arris router/wireless network device they sent me for free last year. Their customer service is outsourced (hence hard to understand) and reliably atrocious, but their shit works great when it works.

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3993478270]3993478270.png[/URL]

Archived