OL Offseason

T: Whitworth 2015, Smith 2015, Newhouse 2014, Winston 2014, Cleary (Practice Squad), France (Practice Squad)

G: Zeitler 2015, Boling 2014, Pollack 2016, Hawkinson 2016, Hopkins 2016

C: Bodine 2017, Johnson 2015

Need: Yes, future LT, depth

Available Players

Free Agent: I am not going to poor through this. We are never active here. I could see a nice backup. Boling will be the most interesting guy.

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/

Draft: Only focusing on LTs here for the top of the draft. A G or C later might make sense as well. List is not in order.

1. Brandon Scherff-Iowa
  2. Andrus Peat-Stanford
  3. Cedric Ogbuehi-Tex AnM
  4. La’el Collins-LSU
  5. TJ Clemmings-Pittsburgh
  6. Ronnie Stanley-Notre Dame
  7. Ty Sambrailo-Colorado St
  8. Ereck Flowers-Miami
  9. Spencer Drango-Baylor
  10. Jake Fisher-Oregon
  11. Daryl Williams-Oklahoma

Definitely agree that OT will be a 1st or 2nd round target. Newhouse has been a disappointment and we badly need an upgrade at backup OT. 

I think the coaches would love to extend Boling and that he is the #1 FA for us on offense this offseason. We'd be pretty well set inside if we keep Boling because we'd have all 3 starters and a very good backup in Pollak. I think they like Hopkins as a backup inside too, so that would put us 5 deep on the interior.

• 3 weeks later...
I want to draft a tackle high for the long term. But i also think it's not a bad idea to get a veteran swing tackle.

I think we are fine at Guard and center especially if Boling is back.

There are a decent number of tackles available but no one that stands out. I would love a guy who could be a swing backup. Not sure who that is. Here is a list of the starters on the market I could find.

LT King Dunlap (16S, 99%) Michael Roos (IR-Microfracture 30%)
RT Bryan Bulaga (15S, 88%) Joe Barksdale (16S, 99%) Derek Newton (16S, 99%) Doug Free (11S, 66%) Jeremy Parnell (5S, 35%)

Does Zietler have an option year?  Usually first round picks do.  

I know this idea always rubs some people the wrong way.    I would rather extend Whit at a nice dollar amount and move to LG vs. competing to resign Boling with another Guard contract coming up.

Then you have to draft two tackles and one of them has to be high.

Does Zietler have an option year?  Usually first round picks do.  

I know this idea always rubs some people the wrong way.    I would rather extend Whit at a nice dollar amount and move to LG vs. competing to resign Boling with another Guard contract coming up.

Then you have to draft two tackles and one of them has to be high.

I want to say that's just high 1st rounders, but I could be wrong.

Archived