Fantasy Football scenario...

natifanatic

If you had a sub par backfield (as I do) for your Fantasy football team, would you cut one for Ricky Williams? He just became available, and I think if he gets on a roll he would be nice to have.

But who to cut?

Tatum Bell
Jerome Bettis
Warrick Dunn

I'd say Dunn. Even though he might be getting 1000 yards this year, his TD total will not match Bettis'. But Bell is not a shoe-in to start for Denver either.

[quote name='natifanatic' date='Jul 29 2005, 02:26 PM']If you had a sub par backfield (as I do) for your Fantasy football team, would you cut one for Ricky Williams?  He just became available, and I think if he gets on a roll he would be nice to have.

But who to cut?

Tatum Bell
Jerome Bettis
Warrick Dunn

I'd say Dunn.  Even though he might be getting 1000 yards this year, his TD total will not match Bettis'.  But Bell is not a shoe-in to start for Denver either.
[right][post="121476"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
I'd say stay away from Ricky at all costs. He's flakey and all of these backs have fantasy value, while Ricky is still going to be sharing carries with Ronnie Brown once he arrives.

my only three are:
Rudy Johnson
Kevan Barlow
T.J. Duckett.

I think I am trading Barlow if at all possible.

I am also keeping 3 QBs on my roster:
Carson Palmer
Eli Manning
Jason Campbell.

I plan to start Carson most of the year, but if Cambell goes in he could be stellar, and I think Eli will improve with Plaxico.

[quote name='BrassBengal' date='Jul 29 2005, 03:28 PM']Are those your only three RBS dude youre introuble
[right][post="121608"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

No I also have Curtis Martin, but I'm not going to give him up, he pretty much will start all season. But even with him the RBs are not too great.

I say you get rid of Bettis. I would keep Warrick. No Question. I think Warrick and Bell will be good number twos and rotate based on who they play that week. I would pick up Williams because he will be back in what week 6 because they have a bye in week 3. FYI Jets and Falcons have same bye weeks in week 8 so no dunn or martin.

Hold on to Dunn and Bettis. Both of those teams have terrible passing QBs and will have over 500 carries per team. Grab Rickey over Tatum Bell because Miami is going to use him. He has no value sitting on the bench and it hurts his trade value. Rickey will probably have 100-150 carries this year...that is around 450-500 yards and a couple of TDs.

[quote name='kdubdub' date='Jul 31 2005, 11:22 AM']Hold on to Dunn and Bettis.  Both of those teams have terrible passing QBs and will have over 500 carries per team.  Grab Rickey over Tatum Bell because Miami is going to use him.  He has no value sitting on the bench and it hurts his trade value.  Rickey will probably have 100-150 carries this year...that is around 450-500 yards and a couple of TDs.
[right][post="122065"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

i have m bennett, w dunn, and s davis on one of my teams.... im in real trouble!

Grab Bell over Rickey Williams??? Nasti just look at your league that you made. Bell was drafted in the second round. Look where Bettis was drafted round 13. There is all the information you need for your other league. Kdub must be in that league with you and will pick up Bell when you let him go/trade.

[quote name='BrassBengal' date='Jul 31 2005, 03:12 PM']Grab Bell over Rickey Williams???  Nasti just look at your league that you made.  Bell was drafted in the second round.  Look where Bettis was drafted round 13.  There is all the information you need for your other league.  Kdub must be in that league with you and will pick up Bell when you let him go/trade.
[right][post="122101"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

No. I am not buying into Tatum Bell just yet. I don't know if he will be the man in Devner by the end of the year and Deuce Staley has been fragile over his whole career, so I expect a similar season from Bettis. I like Rickey as a project if you have room for him...keeping in mind he will not be available until week 6

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='natifanatic' date='Jul 30 2005, 11:51 AM']No I also have Curtis Martin, but I'm not going to give him up, he pretty much will start all season.  But even with him the RBs are not too great.
[right][post="121843"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

If you're in a league where you start 2 RBs, I would definitely pick up Ricky Williams...There is too much upside there, and Ronnie Brown hasn't even signed yet.

Read what you can about Miami's training camp, and definitely check up on Denver and Pittsburgh.

Personally...I would drop Bettis. I don't think he can have the same kind of year as last year, and at the very least...I hope he doesn't rack up the same kind of yardage against the Bengals.

The odds are...If Ricky hasn't emerged by Week 8 or 9, there will be some other waiver wire RB that you can pick up...There always are a few surprise guys.

BZ

If this thread is still at large...the recent news about Duce Staley's injury should help you make up your mind to keep Bettis.

I guess that would convince me to drop Tatum Bell...I think Warrick Dunn is going to have a pretty good year.

BZ

[quote name='TheBZ' date='Aug 10 2005, 03:19 PM']If this thread is still at large...the recent news about Duce Staley's injury should help you make up your mind to keep Bettis.

I guess that would convince me to drop Tatum Bell...I think Warrick Dunn is going to have a pretty good year.

BZ
[right][post="128324"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Yeah, like a day after I posted this somebody else picked up Ricky, of course now that I know about Staley's season ending injury I am excited to keep Bettis, and he is now starting opposite Martin.

But I think you're right, Bell has had some problems in camp and Mike Anderson has been surprising and is apparently supposed to land the starting job. So if I end up cutting anyone it will be Bell, but for now I'll keep it the same.

Archived