!!!THE BRONCOS @ BENGALS GAME THREAD!!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/01/12/peyton-manning-played-the-last-month-with-a-torn-quadriceps-report-says/

There may be a physical reason why Peyton Manning looked so unlike himself in the Denver Broncos’ loss to the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday and it has nothing to do with his neck surgeries, his arm strength or his advancing age.

For the last month, the quarterback has been playing with a torn right quadriceps, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports. He tore the muscle in the game against the San Diego Chargers on Dec. 14 and for weeks the injury was reported as a thigh bruise. However, an MRI at the time reported the tear, a source not connected to Manning or the Broncos told Schefter.

Manning completed 26 of 46 passses for an un-Manninglike 211 yards and one touchdown, in the Broncos’ 24-13 loss to the Indianapolis Colts in an AFC divisional-round game Sunday, prompting all manner of speculation about whether he would ever be seen in a football uniform again. Manning himself seemed uncertain about his future and was critical of his play. “I’m not smart enough to be able to answer every single question about reasons for things,” Manning said. “But I think … I’ve always taken a pretty accurate look and fair evaluation of myself. I think I’m as honest with myself as anybody else and probably as critical of myself as anybody else is. Didn’t play well enough [against the Colts] and didn’t play well consistently enough in the second half of the season, especially in the games we lost.”

A Dec. 14 injury means that Manning played three games with the injury and the Broncos were 1-2 over that span and, the week after the injury, he threw four interceptions in a loss to the Cincinnati Bengals. A quad injury would help to explain why Manning chose to attempt a pass rather than run when he had wide-open lanes against the Colts on Sunday. However, it probably won’t do much to quell the debate over whether he should retire now.

The Broncos are disputing an ESPN report that quarterback Peyton Manning played with atorn right quad for the final month of the season.

The team is calling it a strain not a tear. 

New Nation Wide jingle ... "Injury reports don't apply to me." 

Archived