Reds game updates

JC

Guest Claptonrocks
As Jim Mora once said "playoffs? playoffs? dont ask me about playoffs!"
If they finish at .500 Id be surprised.. The pitching is coming around no mistake about that but too many teams to leapfrog...too many...

Guest oldschooler
9th win in a row on the road !
2 and 1/2 games out of 3rd place...

Damn ...I wish they would have fired Miley
earlier ...we might have had a pretty decent year ?!!!

If any of you are seriously entertaining the idea of the Reds contending for a wildcard spot, just go check the records of the NL East.....all teams in that division have a winning record last I saw....NO WAY the The Reds make the playoffs unless they go wire to wire the rest of the way, which is 99.999999% impossible in baseball...

Guest Claptonrocks
pitching is really stepping up of late....Reds are 19-9 since the all-star break.
They actually have some arms in the bullpen now...
Freel never seizes to amaze me....plays hard all the time.
Dunn is hitting .262 now.. remember when he was at .237? must be hitting over .300 since the all-star break...
this team is worth watching once again!!!

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Aug 14 2005, 07:43 PM']Well, the road game winning streak is over. <_<
[right][post="130862"][/post][/right][/quote]

Yeah Belisle and Mercker got rocked in the 8th inning.
It was fun while it lasted...hopefully they`ll go on
a 7 game winning streak starting TONIGHT ! :thumbsup:

:headbang:

Guest bengalrick
i am starting to hate playing at GABP...

anyone else here the stat that George Grande said yesterday: since we have been playing at great american BP, there have only been 5 games where neither team hit a home run... that is insane... it makes almost all pitchers look like AA guys...

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Aug 15 2005, 07:52 AM']Yeah Belisle and Mercker got rocked in the 8th inning.
It was fun while it lasted...hopefully they`ll go on
a 7 game winning streak starting TONIGHT !  :thumbsup:
:headbang:
[right][post="131066"][/post][/right][/quote]

Did you hear that ?
That`s the sound of any hopes the Reds had
of getting the Wild Card spot dying...

What the fuck ? :blink:

They win 10 in a row on the road
and then come home and tank to the
suck ass Giants !!!!! ... :rant:

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Aug 16 2005, 02:00 PM']i am starting to hate playing at GABP...

anyone else here the stat that George Grande said yesterday: since we have been playing at great american BP, there have only been 5 games where neither team hit a home run... that is insane... it makes almost all pitchers look like AA guys...
[right][post="131801"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

look at it this way though rick, the other teams pitchers have to pitch here as well, its just a lack of good pitching on our part. plus earlier you said to make it a bigger ball park, i believe if this happens then we would average less then 3 runs a game most of our runs are scored by the homerun. bigger ballpark you need fast contat hitters not power hitters.

in the offseason the reds should sign the freeagent pitcher that have the best groundball to flyball ratio.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='dieselman44' date='Aug 19 2005, 06:37 PM']look at it this way though rick, the other teams pitchers have to pitch here as well, its just a lack of good pitching on our part.  plus earlier you said to make it a bigger ball park, i believe if this happens then we would average less then 3 runs a game most of our runs are scored by the homerun.  bigger ballpark you need fast contat hitters not power hitters.

in the offseason the reds should sign the freeagent pitcher that have the best groundball to flyball ratio.
[right][post="133929"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

that was actually my point... on the road, we play a majority of games w/ bigger ball parks... w/ our lineup, we will score reguardless of the ballpark... at home, both teams turn into power lineups... it sucks!!!

our pitching is definately the problem, but that is b/c (like you said) we have a bunch of fly ball pitchers... the other teams make don't have to have a lineup like ours, so its a pitching match... we'd be better off having a badass pitching rotation and bullpin and a weak lineup... the hr's will come... we DEFINATLY need much better pitching... if that means trading dunn pena, or griffey to get some studs we need to do it... but we need more that AA prospects imo... we can trade some of them for that, but we need a veteran that can still get it, and is a ground ball pitcher... milton just won't do well at GABP... its so obvious right now...

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Aug 19 2005, 08:34 PM']that was actually my point... on the road, we play a majority of games w/ bigger ball parks... w/ our lineup, we will score reguardless of the ballpark... at home, both teams turn into power lineups... it sucks!!!

our pitching is definately the problem, but that is b/c (like you said) we have a bunch of fly ball pitchers... the other teams make don't have to have a lineup like ours, so its a pitching match... we'd be better off having a badass pitching rotation and bullpin and a weak lineup... the hr's will come... we DEFINATLY need much better pitching... if that means trading dunn pena, or griffey to get some studs we need to do it... but we need more that AA prospects imo... we can trade some of them for that, but we need a veteran that can still get it, and is a ground ball pitcher... milton just won't do well at GABP... its so obvious right now...
[right][post="133972"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

agree agree agree agree

why cant this team get some pitching [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img]

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='dieselman44' date='Aug 20 2005, 10:30 AM']agree agree agree agree

why cant this team get some pitching [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img]
[right][post="134896"][/post][/right][/quote]

it will be a great day in cincy, when we have harrang as our 3 or 4rth pitcher... problem is, he's our ace right now <_<

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Aug 19 2005, 07:34 PM']milton just won't do well at GABP... its so obvious right now...
[right][post="133972"][/post][/right][/quote]

Milton stats...
Home: 6.46 ERA, 76.2 Innings, 103 Hits, 19 Homeruns
Road: 6.82 ERA, 68.2 Innings, 83 Hits, 16 Homeruns

Milton sucks were ever he pitches.

:ninja:

[quote name='Palmerforpresident9' date='Aug 21 2005, 05:23 PM']Look for milton to have a hell of a game tonight!!! :D (not joking either)
:headbang:   :headbang:   :headbang:
[right][post="135319"][/post][/right][/quote]

Milton was wearing a Rockie uniform today ;)

[quote name='Storm' date='Aug 21 2005, 04:06 PM']Milton was wearing a Rockie uniform today  ;)
[right][post="135360"][/post][/right][/quote]
shit well that cant be good...im guessing he gave up homer after another

Guest Claptonrocks
Reds 6 Nationals 2----

Hudson looked good tonight.. kept the ball down with a nasty breaker...
Edwin is looking better at third..shows some power...

Archived